5 pirates in hi sec

Oh, you mean like having Triglavian Invasions happen right next to NPE starter systems? Yeah, that will definitely teach them that ships go boom.

I was using a max skilled Alpha character in a Destroyer, my travel route went through an Invasion system right next to a New Player Starter system. My ship’s defensive tank was fit with Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender, Dread Guristas Adaptive Invulnerability Field (I always activate asap), Damage Control II and a Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I rig. With the Invul mod active, my ship has 10,617 ehp’s, shield amount is 2,400 hp’s, shield resists are 60% EM, 57% Thermal, 68% Kinetic, 73% Explosive. Align time to warp is 4.86s.

About a dozen Trig ships was on the gate and as soon as I clicked ‘Warp To / Jump’ for the next gate, they immediately locked, applied Ewar and fired upon me. By the time I entered warp, my ship took 9 hits for 392 damage points which took 1/5th of my shield down. Screenshot.

My alt character has various defensive damage compensation skills trained up that brand new unskilled and inexperienced players wouldn’t really know about, let alone have trained up. Hell, new players are still learning how to work the User Interface, plus the NPE is telling new players to use Autopilot. The NPE doesn’t mention training up fitting and damage compensation skills or say anything about proper piloting, ship fitting, etc. Plus let’s not forget all the graphics in-game are pretty amazing which probably has new players gazing around in awe.

So yeah, great lesson being taught to brand new players in the process of completing the NPE. No wonder this game has a problem retaining new players.