A message from The Triglavian Initiative

o7 to all EDENCOM pilots for putting up a good fight.

When the invasion was announced, taking Niarja was a pure hypothetical dream. Look at us now

2 Likes

Imagine being this bitter.

Hello,

As someone who actually knows people at CCP, and has been involved in some discussion about this stuff, no, CCP do not want to kill highsec. They understand that highsec is important to the health of Eve. That it’s part of the Ecosystem.

They allowed this to happen, but it was in no way certain. The fight went back and forth.

So, to put it simply: You’re wrong, and you’re being, at best, paranoid.

4 Likes

Hek lies halfway from Jita to Amarr now. That’s a cool change.

3 Likes

millennials lol

Well, well
This should be interesting…

I wonder how many autopiloting freighters will show up on the niarja zkill for awhile…

1 Like

I really hope that we see a rebirth of a lot of the regional markets because of this. Wouldn’t it be cool if Hek becomes a sort of weigh station in between where people drop things off to trade between the two big trade systems?

Would be great to see places like Dodixie take off again too!

2 Likes

Please. CCP wanted to fragment HS and make things more chaotic. Their “RNG generated targets, so they said, but clearly could have systems either added or subtracted from the list at the devs’ discretion. They knew that certain players and power blocs would disrupt and flip systems for maximum change, accomplishing what CCP wanted under the guise of " that’s what the players decided”.

Which is all fine. I have no skin in the game; I haven’t been thru Niarja in months. I don’t mind changes as long as they are well thought out and flexible enough to improve gameplay and content. However, based on CCP’s past history, they always seem to either be behind the curve when it comes for planning for possible outcomes based on player actions or, quite frankly, their planning and development goes completely off the rails and creates a mess wshere they are forced to either drop/reverse a direction or the change just lays nearly abandoned by the player base.

So, sure CCP understands that HS is important, but their version of it may be far different than it currently is at the moment…and it may also be far different than what many players want it to be. Time will tell, but I have to go with CCP’s past history to try to get a glimpse at the future.

1 Like

There were nulll blocs on both sides.

I’m glad CCP are watching and i hope they’re taking notes at how much players get engaged and how the drama flows when people have their boring lives under threat.

1 Like

:red_circle: The last time when that happened (Drifters taking null sec apart), CCP chickened out in a matter of days. In high sec, where there is no such big, unified opposition, they can just keep doing it.

2 Likes

:red_circle:

The fight for Ichoriya went back and forth. Edencom gained many percentages and lost them again. The fight for Nonni went back and forth with the same pattern. Halibai the same.

The fight for Niarja never when back and forth. The ticker went down and only down.

To put it simply: You are wrong and you are being, at best, simply naive.

2 Likes

[citation needed]

3 Likes

Not really true. When it was 85 in Recon it went down back to almost the 60 or so.

3 Likes

you realize that the power blocs actually do NOT want Niarja to fall, right?

1 Like

What, Mittens isn’t in a power bloc now?!
How bad is that war going for them?

:red_circle: When I arrived there yesterday morning at 0700 Evetime, it was at 47% Edencom. When I arrived there with my ship ship it was at 42% Edencom. When I left in the evening at 2100 eve time it was down to 30% edencom. When I came back in the morning it was at 20%. I do not recognize a back and forth. I spent 19 hours in that system on the first day and another 4 hours today and never saw a back and forth. Every 1% gain for Edencom was met with a 3-4% gain for Trigs. That is not a back and forth.

2 Likes

Not for nothing, Steve, but they told us we could effect the outcome of Caldari Prime, too, remember? You have to admit, people have cause to be skeptical.

1 Like

There are no goons in nullsec. >.>

That would be really cool to see, yeah.

:red_circle: Oh yes, I remember that. Wasn’t that the battle that was cut short by CCP just dropping the titan on the planet after a few hours because it took too long because people actually fought?

And what about the Drifter Invasions and Throne World Invasion? Cut short with the completely unavoidable assassination of Jamyl and her titan. Zapp and finished.

As for deciding the outcome in this Invasion crap: CCP made it impossible for “non-desired systems” (which CCP decided) to go Fortress. Instead of hinging the MV-restriction on gameplay aspects like time, they outright hardcoded what can be MV and what can be Fortress.

2 Likes