A new journey

For the first mission, Rulie had me find an anomaly training site, collect the proof of discovery document and send it back to her as proof of my competency. In turn, she would reward me with a bunch of ISK and a brand new Navitas, a logistics frigate. Cosmic anomalies were locations in space which contained a beacon. The beacon emitted a signal that contained their coordinates and name, making them clear and visible to pirates and capsuleer alike.

I completed the mission in no time, it was very simple and straightforward. Rulie was impressed with my talent but I knew that this was very basic and shouldn’t get too full of myself. I knew that many great capsuleers met their downfall due to getting to proud. After getting some ISK and a new ship, I decided to save my money for a Heron, a ship that I had always loved the design of. I used a small fraction of my money to train the skill ‘Caldari Frigate 1’ from my Neocom skillbook. It really was handy.

Then, I requested a second mission from Rulie. She said that the second would be even easier than the first. I couldn’t believe that I only had to take a tour of gas, data and relic sites. I would even get some ISK as a reward. I saw it as an absolute win.

After accepting the ‘mission’, I warped to the first site, a data site. Rulie explained that data sites often contain valuable loot that can be sold on a market. There was also a crate that contained a Core Probe Launcher, 8 Probe Launchers, A Civilian Data Analyzer and a Civillan Relic Analyzer. As if the mission wasn’t good enough. Then, I activated the acceleration gate to the next deadspace pocket. Deadspace pockets were like deeper, hidden pockets in space and could only be accessed by an acceleration gate. Anyways, I saw what a relic site would look like and saw a gas site too. After spending a few hours learning and exploring sites, I learned that data sites often contained sensitive data left by pirates due to the fact that most of their communications were picked up by by CONCORD and the military. Relic sites contained loot and treasure but and gas sites had mykoserocin and cytoserocin for drug manafacturing.

Then, I returned to the Academy and received my ISK, bringing my wallet to 400k+ ISK. I could afford a Heron but I decided to not buy it first because I would be left with barely any money, making it impossible to fit the Heron.

For the next 3 missions, they were essentially the same thing save for the fact that they were different sites. Scanning was a bit daunting at first because Rulie didn’t guide me through it, but I figured it out eventually. And so, after breezing through the 3 missions, getting an Imicus and bringing my wallet to more than 800k ISK. I felt pure amazement because I could actually do everything. Rulie felt the same too.

So, I left Rulie and god knows when I’ll ever see her again, if I even do.

I got my Heron, which I wanted for years. I also sold my Navitas and Imicus.

It was simply amazing and breathtaking that all this was possible.

Thanks if you read this far! This is my very first attempt at a story. Also thanks to Fariot Ellecon for inspiring me to do this. Do check out his story too!

1 Like