A Solution Too High Sec NPC Mining Fleets

(DrysonBennington) #1

Everyone complains about them mining all of the ore from a belt in less time it takes CODE. to gank.

The solution, a Light Carrier that can be flown in High, Low and Null along with W-Space and Drifter Space.

But for this topic the Light Carrier would be a prime ship to field to deal with NPC Mining Fleets along with Pirate FOB’s.

What are you thoughts on a Light Carrier in High Sec?

Here is the link - Light Carrier

(Xuxe Xu) #2

Wasn’t the underlying idea to get people to team up to take on these features? In light of that I don’t think a new solo method is likely to be implemented by ccp.

(Mevatla Vekraspek) #3

Got friends?

(Do Little) #4

The NPC fleets make mining a bit more challenging which should create an element of scarcity and support prices. I think the main problem is balance - the NPC fleets should also be active in Nullsec belts & anoms!

If you want to mine undisturbed - run missions.

(Nevyn Auscent) #5

Better solution.
Just turn belts into sites that respawn on a timer (belts nearly finished should despawn on a timer also to prevent leaving a single rock wrecking the spawn system) Fewer per system to reflect the timer respawn.
Now it doesn’t matter if they mined them out 12 hours ago, there will be a site available most likely in system and certainly one a jump away if it’s just npcs doing it.
And there is benefit to chasing them off as they dont take half the belt. Plus competition as resources available at a given time are less, even if as much or more through the whole day.