Abyssal losses are happening

Oh dear, doesn’t look as though these sites are quite the excellent content CCP hoped for ;0

1 Like

But surely an excellent content for those who enjoy seeing funny killmails. :slight_smile:

True, very true. Trouble is, CCP are on a hiding to nothing. They can’t please all people at the same time. Different people want different content.

2 Likes

Fully agree as was spent on this more then 20B for ships and fits, found few good ones fits (abt 2B) for L4 with 800DPS from rockets and 650 from drones, but all in all all abyss types are absolute random and finally you always will be in negative profit even if you personally sell your loot in habs like Jita or Amarr. Just few last examples which can be explained only by unbalanced respawning ABYSS ships. Was taken time to choose “right” vessel, then was spent time and isk to keep shield stable and sufficien for all 3 pockets, but finally was find out that randomly between each second or fifth entering to ABYSS you for sure will be killed by different reasons. Last one was final NO GO for me for ABYSS anymore - in second pocket was 6 Leshaks which I was not able to kill for the remaining 15 minutes with above mentioned DPS. So my opinion that CCP must look to the current “settings of ABYSS” as with such negative farming balance there will be no logic to even try them. Of course it’s good buisiness for CCP, but I’d suggest it would be honest if CCP can publish at list statistics of ABYSS losts agains loot collected. :smile:

1 Like

Didn’t abyss show up on the MER? compare it to total zkill loses in abyss I think it’s more lost than gained currently

zKill shows only part of the story (the people having registered there, and fail). A lot of people running the sites in “silence” (as they should for their own safety) successfully back-to-back without dying.

@Pav_Toss Go AB, all passive tank + faction DMG mods. This is what I know people are using in Gammas in higher tiers.

2 Likes

All tryied, look to my killboard :slight_smile: …as told before it’s TOO RANDOM respawn which not allow you to predict what you will meet in ABYSS pockets, therefore you need to use so called universal fit, unfortunately it not works always in 100%, with strategy all also clear it’s 3-4 which must be used in each particurlar pocket depending on what type of ships in fron of you. There is one fit which was posted for abt 5.5B which was advertized as unkillable… Never try it as it’s finally beyound the logic if you know that anyway it will be lost.
My advise to all ABYSS farmers to wait untill there will be made changes by CCP at least to positive balance for collected loot against killed value of players.

1 Like

Video tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4j2Ff_UZec - leshak spawn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjKLIkU_UAI - all other spawns.

Fit with implants is only a little bit over 7 billions ISK, go get them, tiger :wink:

Shown sacriledge on video with all implants is what you mention cost 7B ISK?
On video looks very smooth passing of all pockets without no trouble to CAP and no probler to armor, I would say at all even under power neut and etc.
If it yours, just interesting question how many ABYSS of LVL 5 you need to pass when it will start to pay back?
If it yours will thankful if you can drop the fit my in game mailbox.

1 Like

IIRC, CCP handed out Dark site filaments, the hardest T1 site available.

Well trolled, CCP. :slight_smile:

It’s not the same in a dark filament because the rats lose range and you gain speed to sig tank better

I didn’t get Dark Site Filaments, I got an Exotic Filament on one account and an Electrical Filament on another account.

Not sure if group of numbers like:
Losses:

• Ishtar - N
  • Damage control - M

Loot:

• Skill book 1 - X
  • Skill book 2 - Y
  • Module 1 - X1
  • Module 2 - X2

Will be of use for anyone. So i suppose you are asking for ISK values.
This will need CCP to trace every lost ship and module back to market and every looted item to the market to get its price value. And if there was some other operations involved with these items (eg. player built his ship/modules, or player injected looted skill book, or player was killed with his loot, etc… ) provided numbers might be far from reality.

If zkillboard can do that, CCP can do that too. Value of lost ship at the given timepoint is visible on the killboard. Including value in their cargoholds. So I believe CCP can also estimate value in cargohold of a ship, left Abyss intact. But it is a lot of data mining and I doubt CCP will bother.

For my understanding killboard values only useful for e-peening (they have very little precision). Not sure their numbers would have any meaning outside of Reddit or such.

1 Like

Squizz takes the current market value of stuff with higher precision to ingame calculation of killmails. So I would they it’s the best you can get and it’s reasonable accurate. Except for Abyss modified stuff (showing as 1 ISK), and the kills missing due to people not exposing kills/losses.

Well billions of ship losses will generate billions of purchases with each transaction tax paid to box being a sink now stop arguing and back to playing

And on other hand red loot and insurance acts as a faucet

Anyone running and can tell about the loot changes today?

Not even home yet qq
But somebody is complaining that abyssal space is in tidi and desyncing in another thread