Abyssal losses are happening

Orbit the battleships at about 2500 and they can’t hit you, just be aware of your position. Don’t go out of the pocket region (marked by a red mesh) BS’s tend to sit right on the edge. I’ve had to manually orbit them to stay inside the arena. Do it correctly and they’re sitting ducks. While you orbit take out the remaining boats. If there are more than 1 BS, take them out first. I run 4’s in my Gila and I haven’t lost 1 yet. I’ve run over a hundred sites with no losses. It comes down to knowing your boat and mods inside out, as well ass knowing the enemy and environment. Pro Tip: Use the ENVIRONMENT to your advantage.

1 Like

So I had two gankers waiting outside my abyssal site in Jita. Too bad I was only doing a T1, and flew a Caracal worth less than 20m. They attacked anyway, and dropped 1b in loot when Concord was finished with them.

I only have 1 killmail, but there were two attackers, and my wallet thanked them for their generous contribution. I never knew T1 abyssal sites could be so profitable.

3 Likes

I have a feeling that moron didn’t have his safety set right. Who would suicide that ship?

Had 4 tornadoes waiting 40k outside my exit point today. Luckily I had the advantage. So I calmly overheated my mids and activated the hardner. Then I hit the warp button and assault damage control while waiting for the first volley to activate the shield booster.

They never breached my shields. I put kill rights on them all and made money on the incident.

I fully understand if the same guys come for me again they will bring more ships so my days of running abyssal sites are over. Net gain for this expansion is a bit over 12 billion. So it was pretty much just another Gala to me.

1 Like

Move system? Or is that too mad?

The system is irrelevant. All it takes is you and 5 friends to kill anyone leaving these sites in any sec space with 6 tornados. You have 2 options once gankers are on your signature.

1. Risk it but save your pod
  2. Just stay in the abyss and die making them wait for nothing. (Though they may count your death as a win)

I fully understand that ganking is allowed. But being unable to prevent it due to alts tracking and the ability to gank you in a place you can’t escape makes these sites useless to me.

https://zkillboard.com/character/479617911/ This is one of the guys that failed to gank me. That tornado has 10k+ Alpha. There were 4 of them. I survived because they only had 4.

If they are willing to gank in a .9 they will gank anywhere. Kudos and all that. But I won’t be a gank victim. I would rather just move on and do something else that grabs less attention.

I am not saying the Abyss isn’t worth doing. It just isn’t worth doing for me knowing there is no way to escape it in any high sec and I won’t join an alliance just to run these. It isn’t fair to the alliance.

1 Like

Where were you dropping your trace out of curiosity? Did you make an effort to hide it?

Of the 4 attempted ganks I was in Jita for the last trying to use the numerous sigs already present in the system as cover. I was in systems far removed from any pipes with no people for the others. I am not saying it is impossible to run them. I am just not going to bother trying anymore. I got paid well for this “event” so I am cashing out.

Hahahahaha.

Write a big story to why he believes he is right to cash out from doing the sites then admits he didn’t even bother leaving jita.

You sir are the definition of a carebear.

Only the last gank attempt was in Jita. I said that. I would have made it simpler to understand but this forum doesn’t have a pop-up book option. Maybe try reading the big words too.

You can always try a hi-sec island (a his-sec system only reachable through low-sec). That way any hunter who might go for you must pass through low-sec. Though you have to do the same as well. Worth considering still in my opinion.

1 Like

I live in lowsec near one of those and I was thinking that’s the first place I’d look if I were to hunt traces.

Here are a few ideas I had:

Put your trace in an empty wormhole, in an isolated corner.

Pull missions in a deserted system until you get a mission that’s off D-scan. Then create a bookmark there and use it to drop your abyss

1 Like

or just do abbysal when there is no people in most of the systems, in off peak time :wink:

1 Like

I always ran them off D-scan.
All it takes is a few seconds to pop out combat probes and scan a system. You can do it while you’re warping to the next system.

I have a kill on an abyssal dead space runner because I was checking the far corners of EVE.
Launch probes>Warp to next gate>If trace scan it down>Check to see if it is a tier 4-5>Kill suspect or jump to next system.

Gankers don’t care what tier it is. They just kill whatever comes out with overwhelming alpha.

1 Like

What ship you ganking in? Was thinking praxis neut and drones.

I didn’t suicide gank. I attacked legit. I don’t suicide gank anymore and haven’t for years.

I used a gnosis for it’s scan bonus and ecm drones to make it even. Bhaalgorn on standby to neut deadspace tank.

So far my experience with this as been prety bad, lost 2 gila and a cerberus.

The first Gila was lost in a lvl2 Dark.

the Drones and the missiles where not able to apply good dps and this got the abyss to timeout on me,

lost the second one in a lvl exotic

this time this is my fault for not knowing that Harrowing Vedmak could reach some 1800+ alpha. so he nuked the hell out of me.

now I lost my Cerberus. in a firestorm LVL2 !!! FFS!

This abyss opend with 3 triglavian BS, by the time I killed the 1st one the other 2 har rep them selfs. this took me a total 13 minute for a 500 dps ship. I may have not used inferno missil, but the FF 3 BS !!, now next pocket some frig and a sleeper BS FULL health. took long to down, 4 reloads. this left me with less then 4 minutes to kill yes a gain 4 frig and a BS at full health!

I come to the concusion that they are not well ballanced, like really really bad.
The other conclusion is tha tthe ISK to risk ration is extreamly bad. Mining in hs is better isk then this.

The fun factor. well you do a few then the novelty is gone and it gets boring.

All in all Abyssal is just a good way to waste ISK.

3 Likes

Where did the 20k come from, it didn’t magically appear from nowhere?

It actually does appear from “nowhere”, created by CCP’s game code! That’s the whole point in this discussion. In RL insurance it wouldn’t be the case, but New Eden is different.

Vexor - slightly t2 fitted blown up in i’m guessing the easiest tier site (free one obtained in redeeming system.)

No disclaimer about drones being insta killed. All intel on these sites are external (out of game)…… sigh.

Click me (activate) now die a slow death.

1 Like