Abyssal losses are happening

Check out the losses that are starting to come in: https://zkillboard.com/kills/abyssal/

Look at this one guy: https://zkillboard.com/kill/70263318/

Lost 2 of these and 2 3.5ish bil pods. Is this the type of isk you’re gonna need to throw at these things? Discuss.

Share your epic losses here.

4 Likes

Well, since you asked…

1. Don’t take anything that can’t apply all your DPS to any rapidly moving target (regardless of size).
  2. Don’t take anything you can’t afford to lose (both ship and implants).
  3. Never (ever) take an Ishtar.

Sadly, I don’t have any epic losses of my own to share unless you count the Shadow Serpentis stasis web that I bricked.

5 Likes

What have you been using Arthur?

3 Likes

I’m running a heavily theory-crafted Gila. Before everyone rushes out and buys a Gila, based on the lossmails I’d wager very few players know how to fit and operate it in Abyssal space.

The right fit is key - as are skills, implants and drugs. I’ve beat the dreaded Trig spawns in F4 and F5 pockets on SiSi (but just barely). You can just as easily die from a simple mistake as you can survive through pure blind luck.

You really have to know your enemy and the tactics they adopt, as well as which Abyssal structures, defense and environments hinder or help you. A lot can actually be gleamed from simply reading through the SiSi test threads and the countless others players have been posting on.

I will say that the setup I arrived at was, how shall I say - “unique”. Many of us are understandably reluctant to post specific fits as we’re leery of CCP buffing the Abyssal pockets without warning.

Just don’t run an Ishtar. Your survival rate doubles if you choose any other hull.

4 Likes

For tier 4 and 5, yes, absolutely.

For tier 3, no, you can go mainly T2 with maybe faction shield extender and AB, or a thukker battery or something like that. Or go all T2 and use implants / boosters.

For tier 2, just stick to T2 fits.

For tier 1, you can mix T2 and T1 fits as needed.

2 Likes

Each refresh at killboard every 2-3 mins nets + 2-3 bil in lpayer losses hehe

5 Likes

If nothing else, Abyss did short term job of ultimate ISK sink. And that is very good for game economy.

It is a long run, I think. Those, who are in a hurry will burn out very soon. CCP will fix the loot table and rest of us will use tier 3 Abyss as a nice add on to other PvE activities. I am certain, that most of us, carebears, will not go into Abyss on regular basis. But now we got new toy to play solo with, apart from missions, WH diving or combat signatures runnig. Very different, deadly boring if done constantly (same 3 rooms over and over again) but to a lesser degree, than solo WH PvE. I do not think it is a failure, even with its current state. Just do not expect too much from it. With time you will get skill books and BPC.

6 Likes

People reported something leading to death even with superb fits and good tactics:
People encounter 3 leshaks - dead and podded
People get time-consuming rooms one after another - times up, abyss collapses on them

These are intended by CCP, they want much risk with abyss.

3 Likes

Challenge accepted

3 Likes

5 bil just for a shot. This blows my mind. Pre abyss it was rare people would throw that much at a low-risk lvl 4 marauder, hidden in some backwater of space. I wonder if this is going to be the new norm.

Exactly! I’m hoping this is a good thing for the ecosystem. There is a guy on reddit who already bricked an Estamel’s shield booster. A lot of modules/ships are being removed from the game “as if a million voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.”

3 Likes

Abyssal space is not an ISK sink. No ISK is being removed from the game. It is removing materials, ships, implants, etc. If anything it is probably an ISK faucet creating ISK from insurance payouts as people die.

4 Likes

The math was simple: here you see 4 bilions removed from Goons wallet. Some ISK will be injected via insurance. Let say 400 milions. Goons still need another 3 600 milions to get the stuff back. So 3 600 milions ARE removed via Abyss.

2 Likes

Except it’s not sunk out of the game. just transferred to another player. (other than some market fees)

4 Likes

As someone who has spent quite some time on the test server, I think this is pretty accurate.

1 Like

Ok, once more, with a bit simplifier approach. You have 4 apples in one pocket. 4 ISK for each. You also have 4 ISK in other pocket. So you have 8 ISK all together. Now you lose 4 apples. Abyss eats them completely. Your granny gave you 1 apple cause insurance. You still need 3 more apples. So you take 3 ISK from the other pocket and gave them to apple seller. You have 5 ISK now. Seller still have what he has had before, though not in form of apples but in fom of ISK. 3 ISK removed from the system.

2 Likes

I don’t get it, how is it that ships and implants destroyed in Abyss are just transferred to another player?

1 Like

Wrong post.

1 Like

Been a way awhile and not up to speed on all dev blogs yet. Did I miss one where I get full money back from insurance on say my…1.5 billion isk rattlesnake with another 1 billion in implants back?

I actually want you to say yes. I have talons that over many years CCP has made pointless really. If insurance that good…one of my alts will get a pvp kill real soon on the main lol.

And did T2 insurance finally not suck? If ships used from beta are the ones dying in these…it seems like cerbs were like for at least 1-2. Not trying to be mean here, if cerb insurance got improved that much it be +1 temptation to pvp again lol.

1 Like

Well, I make a lot of my ISK from selling ships. My inventory got wiped out yesterday. The Eagles sold in just a couple hours.

2 Likes

No changes on insurance where made in the recent past as far as i know.

I think the thought @Steve_Ronuken has is that the ISK is not gone from the game. Only ships and modules are lost, the ISK is still there. You are right, @erg_cz that the indivudal player whose ship died lost ISK. But the ISK is not gone from the system. Someone paid some other player for the stuff he lost. The player he bought the stuff from has these ISK now. The ISK therefore are still there, but not the modules.
No ISK are lost, they are transferred and increased if people have used insurance, even with the little rates on T2 hulls.

Consequence of (relatively) same ISK and less modules / ships existing? Prices will go up. Also modules will be lost to bad mutations. Even less modules.

1 Like