Into The Abyss Ship Selection

Question for people who have been running these sites on the test server?

Is there a one stop ship (Gila) or will they require multiple ships and fittings more along the lines of burner missions?

3 Likes

Nope. At this point - depending on NPC spawns - it’s very much like Russian Routlette. It doesn’t matter what ship, fit or implants you bring - you’re ■■■■ed. Unless CCP makes some drastic changes in the next week this feature is DOA.

4 Likes

At least CCP has got experience with that already in recent years.

4 Likes

No the rats compositions are very random you can fight a spawn in 1 site then in another site a variation of that same spawn will kill you.Standard pve fitting is out the window,rats are very aggressive they carry tons of remote reps in some variations or tons of neuts or randomised ewar.It’s a jungle and you’re the lowest on the food chain

2 Likes

There is some pretty in-depth discussion here:

Long story short, no single fit will work for these, and due to the fact that you completely clear everything within the time or lose your ship and pod, this could have the potential to be pretty expensive depending on your wallet and skills.

@Dark_Engraver has done amazing work trying these out and reporting back, and if HE says things are ugly, you can be sure that he’s right.

I’ve got to agree with @Arthur_Aihaken- if it stays the way it is on Sisi, I do not see this lasting. Which is really unfortunate, because there is absolutely huge potential here.

2 Likes

First two tiers can be done relatively safe in this 600 Millons Vagabond:
[Vagabond, Abyss XLASB 220 volt]

Assault Damage Control II
Domination Tracking Enhancer
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Gyrostabilizer II

X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 400
Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner
Caldari Navy Stasis Webifier
Stasis Webifier II

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Inferno Fury Light Missile

Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing II
Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints II

Acolyte II x5

Eifyr and Co. ‘Rogue’ Navigation NN-603
Eifyr and Co. ‘Rogue’ Evasive Maneuvering EM-703
Eifyr and Co. ‘Gunslinger’ Medium Projectile Turret MP-803
Inherent Implants ‘Lancer’ Gunnery RF-903
Zainou ‘Gnome’ Weapon Upgrades WU-1003

You will have to use anti-drone supressor to get rid of drone swarm (or kite them with dual web, if there is no supressor in pocket), slingshot cruisers (you have over 1000 m/s speed) and spiralling battleships. Once your XLASB is out of charges (spare it !! Its your life…) you turn on damage control and wait till XLASB recharges. Use drones only to draw agro from NPC - scope them as soon as they get past half shield.

Drone /missile boats are not relyable cause you often get into Abyss with strong supressiors and constant re-scoping of drones will harm your DPS badly.

I saw people boasting to have vagabond fit , able to do all 5 tiers of electical storm weather Abyss. Truth is, that after tier 3 you can get such spawns, that you will die due to timer or NPC. Russian Routlette. Or you can get tier 5 so easy, that you ill still have few minutes left to enjoy sceneria…

I also heard one player, who claims to do all tiers, relyable, in T2 fit eagle. Here is the fit like the one he posted, never tryed it out, though. Range control is very tricky in slow boat as
[Eagle, Loreline Farcloud’s Eagle]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Booster II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Stasis Webifier II

Heavy Ion Blaster II, Null M

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Acolyte II x5

Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Capacitor Systems Operation EO-603
Eifyr and Co. ‘Gunslinger’ Motion Prediction MR-703
Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Medium Hybrid Turret MH-803
Eifyr and Co. ‘Gunslinger’ Surgical Strike SS-903
Inherent Implants ‘Noble’ Hull Upgrades HG-1003
Antipharmakon Thureo
Antipharmakon Iokira
Agency ‘Pyrolancea’ DB5 Dose II

Null M x6199
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x5030
Nanite Repair Paste x227
Antipharmakon Thureo x4
Antipharmakon Iokira x4

There are also interesting experiments with tracking disruptor going on…

1 Like

Its tradition in CCP to waste huge potentials.

3 Likes

Where you can get it cheap these days? Only on Sisi?

It sounds like drugs will be a prerequisite for these.

I’m gona try that eagle right now on sisi and see what’s up with it.I replaced the thureo drug with blue pill its 8% vs 20% for standard blue pill.

If it wount succeed you can try version with tracking disruptor:
[Eagle, Loreline Farcloud’s faction Shield Booster]

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner
Pith B-Type Large Shield Booster
Stasis Webifier II
Tracking Disruptor II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Ancillary Current Router II

Acolyte II x5

Null M x6199
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x5030
Nanite Repair Paste x227
Antipharmakon Thureo x4
Antipharmakon Iokira x4

it did fine i am wary about starving vedmaks i did few tier 3 electricals and 2 tier 4 firestorms didnt encounter the spawns i really wanted that is harrowing/starving vedmaks or damaged triglavian bs spawn rest of spawns it was ok but alot of other ships are ok or better on other spwns so…

So Eagle yes, Eagle no…?

eagle idk until i find those spawns

What’d you run for your Eagle fit?

ok died to portal collapse just as i killed the last sleeper cruiser and i had tons of sleepers room 2 and 3 and 2 sleeper bs room 1 in a firestorm tier 4

Anyone want to bet that the AT T2 cruisers will be able to run these?

If you know, that there is an enemy titan, waiting for you on Abyss exit:
[Devoter, Abyss bait]

Shadow Serpentis Medium Armor Repairer
Shadow Serpentis Medium Armor Repairer
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

100MN Afterburner II
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
Stasis Webifier II

Quad Light Beam Laser II, Gleam M
Clutch Restrained Warp Disruption Field Generator

Medium Anti-Thermal Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Acolyte II x5

It feels like there are too many things a ship is required to do right now. need to do over 700~ dps to be able to even finish depending on waves, cant use drones or missiles reliably, have to have at least 1 web to deal with frigates, etc etc. I am not particularly good at piloting but I have perfect skills for all cruisers hulls/equipment, and I simply cannot get a fit that will survive an abyss with the trig battleships, or consistently win some of the higher ehp/ high traversal frigs with repping wave combinations fast enough, and that is at lvl 3. I haven’t tried to simply shoving t1 hulls at it hoping for good waves, but even with my horrible killboard that seems stupid.

Not sure who this content is aimed at, but as a high sp, dedicated but casual player, this looks like a giant risk, and even on sisi, really tense and frustrating to play, which is too bad because the content looks amazing. guess i can suicide cruisers at the first container and hope for skill books i can inject before i die, then buy the ships when they get cheap :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

See here’s the problem, CCP creates PvE content that’s meant for all players, then the Professional players theory craft it in various forums and Blogs which causes CCP to think about changing it. Then those Pro’s run the new content on the test server and give feedback saying it’s too easy, or it needs to be more PvP-centric, or the rewards are too much, etc, which then causes CCP to make drastic changes to it. By the time that new content hit’s the actual server, it’s no longer viable gameplay content for the majority of players.

Basically all that work and hype turns into a waste of Dev time and resources, all due to the actions of a loud yet very small biased percentage of players.

10 Likes