Abyssal losses are happening

So if I buy a $200k house, and the local pyro burns it down, and insurance pays only $20k, living in the pyro’s territory is not a money sink? lol.

Mmmmpppphhhhhh

Nope it‘s not, the 200 are still there owned by the person who sold you the house, plus 20 for you from the insurance … 220 in total, 20 more than before the ‚incident‘ (RL works different, but this is EvE). It doesn’t matter that you personally are poor now in the grand scheme. :wink:

2 Likes

Abyss has been great to me…yes I lost one ship (Gila), but sold a drop for nearly 5 billion isk. I say success!

Abyssal losses will top 1 Trillion ISK by tomorrow. And this is only couting losses due to the Abyss collapsing on you. This doesn’t count losses to Abyssal NPC ships and player ships getting ganked upon exiting the Abyss, which adds up to hundreds more billions.

https://zkillboard.com/ship/47465/stats/

As you can see here, Abyssal cruisers are getting ganked left and right…

1 Like

ITT buttfrustrated nerds derail OP to talk about eve economy for 50 posts saying the same thing to eachother over and over again in different words

TLDR no one wins we all lose

6 Likes

lmao, I don’t mind. As long as I create a thread that people choose to type words in I’m happy.

Looks like a change is incoming

More base damage for the trigs, faster ramp-up but lower cap damage. Not sure is this a buff or nerf?

they changed them back to old stats

3 Likes

BTW, do we have some first loot value statistics? What do you get running a T3,4,5 on average?

I haven’t run a T3+ or higher tier yet, but I know that in the L1-L2 sites I’ve run the results are too varied both in numbers and types to come up with useful estimate. There really is no typical loot case, and the market values are changing rapidly as well.

A more practical benchmark that I’ve been using is whether I can just stay even or ahead in ISK-in-the-bank between ship losses. Overall I’m ahead on loot gains counting some ships I’ve bought that are still alive, but I just dropped my second ship, and it was semi-shiny Gila (for me at least). I think more than a few players are probably well into negative ISK based on some posts I’ve seen.

Abyssal deadspace is proving to be quite addictive for me, and I can see how some folks are tempted to through more ISK on their fittings trying to fix the last ship loss. The procedural encounter generation can really catch you off-guard with a new scenario. For my last ship loss it was a lone drifter BS that was hitting me outside my ship’s drone control range, and I was stuck between trying to maintain transversal and closing the range gap. I ended up burning out my AB while trying to hold onto the remaining structure on my ship and was soon killed after that.

So loot per pocket is less relevant than can one hold onto the loot relative to the risks one takes to get it. That’s an answer I’m trying to discover for just myself, and it will be pretty different for each player.

1 Like

So far I have lost an Ashimmu, Arbitrator and two Vexors in Tier I sites.

I am running a Navy Osprey and haven’t feared losing it yet.

A vast majority of the loot seems to be tanking in value super fast. Most of the loot being able to drop in the easymode 1-3s, even if in smaller amounts, is going to make the profit on these things tank hard.

True but thats ok, because right now the value of even the t1 abysses is ridiculously high, too high. I think it will stabilize to a point where they’re still worth doing. Also the amount of material being destroyed by the abyss and bad mutations is making the value of almost all loot from other forms of pve go up, so overall I think it’s good for the ecosystem, however I think it should be made easier to brick modules, and harder to get good rolls.

1 Like

I disagree, if that happens most players won’t even try it. If anything it should be a 50/50 chance, same goes for completing the Abyssal Pockets.

In fact due to CCP stacking the odds against players, this content is quickly loosing it’s appeal.

Is this Obil Que guy just dumb? If you lose a ship costing 5 isk get 1 isk for insurance, you have 4 isk removed from the system completely. Insurance in no way pays for everything on your ship plus fittings, therefor if you lose a ship in the Abyss then IT IS GONE and you have a NET LOSS.

How did you get the apples? They weren’t free, guess what, they costed isk to make, and to buy. And when the item is gone from the game so is the isk.

So you’re saying the money you paid for the ship gets removed from the wallet of the person who sold you the ship? You’re thinking material sink and not isk sink. Ironic you called someone else dumb.

1 Like

if the ship cost 5 isk, then you obviously gave those 5 isk to someone and he gave you the ship in return. if this ship gets destryoed and you get 1 isk insurance, then it is a net loss of 4 isk for you yes, but not for the system as the 5 isk you paid for the ship are still there, they just arent yours anymore!

I run a Gila. Cost with implants is around 750m. I have run 1-4 with not much difficulty. I haven’t tried it in a 5 yet but I may do so today. If I lose it, lesson learned and I’ll rebuild. I am pushing to have a reliable Gila for 5’s. When I say reliable I don’t mean 0 chance of death, these sites change every time you enter so death can always happen regardless. I’m looking for something I can feel somewhat confident in when I enter the first room.

1 Like