Alpha clone faction re-balance, when?

Yeah. I think the Amarr droneboats should all have universal high slots.

1 Like

Itā€™s not like they JUST re balanced carriers and supers on PvE reasons right?

2 Likes

You can already split them; 50% guns and 50% missiles, or 50% neuts and 50% weapons.

Yeah, but on the Dragoon and Arbitrator have split hardpoints - for example x turrets and x launchers. They are not universal high slots like on the Prophecy and Armageddon.

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget Gallente also gets a full selection of useful industrial ships.

2 Likes

I know right? Whatā€™s up with that? Favoritism? CCPlease!

1 Like

Well they are EWAR ships, not a typical first choice for PVE (neut bonus on the destroyer, tracking disruption for the cruiser).

Okay, and? That has nothing to do with the fact that they have split guns, but the larger drone/ewar ships (Prophecy, Armageddon) donā€™t have split guns.

2 Likes

Considering their other bonus is drones you can infer that drones is their main weapon. As such, get some utility from those highs.

Or fit a full rack of rocket lau- oh wait you canā€™t, because split guns.

I donā€™t think you understand what weā€™re actually talking about in this thread bro.

I thought we were on about Kynamiā€™s point. Amarr droneboats double as EWAR ships so they donā€™t have full hardpoints. The Gallente droneboats are combat ships so they have more optimal hardpoints.

1 Like

Do you know what ā€œuniversal slotsā€ and ā€œsplit gunsā€ meansā€¦? Letā€™s clear that up first before moving forward here.

The main reason why i would say always gallente for alpha chars are the industrial transport ships. Ore, PI, and two cargo transporter. What offer other factions?

Enlighten me.

Yes, they do. For starters, Alpha clone status is designed to be more than just ā€œtrial modeā€. But even if it was, you donā€™t want new players to feel screwed and uninstall in frustration, because they discover theyā€™ve spent all that time investing in the handicapped faction. Thatā€™s just bad NPE.

2 Likes

Minmatar have the ammunition and charges hauler the Hoarder in addition to damage types served by changing ammunition because both missiles and projectile weapons have their damage type determined by ammo used. Also with how important cap can be in null warfare the fact their guns arenā€™t horribly dependent on it is a blessing, especially if you need to help structure bash.

Caldari just have some stupidly strong ships in the cruiser class that excel in both PvE and PvP. Caracal, Moa, and Blackbird are all really good at what they do. And while they have better bonuses for kinetic damage, they in their missile systems can choose what damage type they are dealing.

2 Likes

I thought that was marketing spin. Every day is a schoolday!

Alpha clone status has been meticulously designed (with input from CSM) to give you the full basic Eve experience. Not only for newbros but also specifically with vets in mind. Whether they want to lay low/play casual for a while or on the other hand, want to get their feet wet first after a break from the game.

And besides these daring faction balance issues, it actually succeeds in that. Thereā€™s plenty of fun and full game to be had as an alpha. Still it wonā€™t stop you from wanting to upgrade to Omega when you put more time in it.

1 Like

no, but the combo of lasers + drones is a good mix of range and DPS and is pretty decent for low level pve where most npcs have low resists, and small HP pools, so damage type isnā€™t a problem like in lv4s where you have to chew through elite cruisers and a bunch of battleship npcs. Amarr looks really good on the gnosis where you can use heat sinks and DDAs to take advantage of the drone and gun bonuses on the hull.

also low level pve probably isnā€™t giving many players to subscribe. having viable pvp boats and making some friends in game is likely resulting in more fun and more subs.

here I was thinking minmatar was the worst alpha race. they get guns and missiles which compete for slots/damage mods, and their cruisers have decent drone bays but very little drone skills to help get the most out of the ships.

I was thinking caldari and minmatar could use a bit more drone skills, amarr could use some more missile skills, and not sure what changes Iā€™d make to gallente, havenā€™t looked too far into them, and they seem pretty popular anyways.

I really want to love the dragoon, but the slow speed and 2 mids are pretty big downsides imo. That said it seems like it would be a great ship to have in a roaming gang to help shut other players down. And the drone velocity bonus should be good for chasing down frigs.

heck you could probably do more than 2. [quote=ā€œRemiel_Pollard, post:15, topic:5625ā€]
The PVE is not a reason for ā€˜rebalancingā€™. This is a PVP game. Balancing revolves entirely around PVP. If your argument for a rebalance involves PVE, youā€™ve already lost.
[/quote]

Iā€™d about 90% agree with that, but when obvious pve problems show up sometimes it makes sense to do some balancing there.[quote=ā€œLord_Rolfski, post:35, topic:5625ā€]
Yes, they do. For starters, Alpha clone status is designed to be more than just ā€œtrial modeā€. But even if it was, you donā€™t want new players to feel screwed and uninstall in frustration, because they discover theyā€™ve spent all that time investing in the handicapped faction. Thatā€™s just bad NPE.
[/quote]

sure it is more, but extended trial is a very concise way to state what it is reasonably accurate. Also I donā€™t consider any of the factions handicapped at this point. A few tweaks would be nice but overall they should be pretty minor.

1 Like