Alpha clone ships for Wormhole ratting

Ok, thanks everyone!

After some consideration, I decided to try and fly a Myrmidon for now. If it doesn’t work, I’ll go for the drake.

As a fit, I’ve found this passive shield one, would you think it’s a good idea?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ6aMFXYInM

Top:
4x 750mm Howitzer Artillery II (Can I get away with using t1 ammo?)
1x Drone Link Augmentor I

Mid:
2x Large Shield Extender II
1X 10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
1x EM Ward Amplifier II
1x Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II

Low:

4x Type-D Restrained Shield Power Relay
2x Drone Damage Amplifier II

Rigs:

3x Medium Core Defense Shield Purger

Also, is there any chance I can get away with t1 drones not to lose too much ISK while I figure out how to use them?

Can I also get away with downgrading some modules from t2 to t1, for instance going from the tech2 howitzers to stuff like Gallum cannons? If not, this fit already looks cheap, so it will be fine, but considering I have never flown something so big and never brought it in lowsec (even if has been a very peaceful lowsec so far and I always scout ahead), I’d feel safer flying less ISK.

If you stay away from class 3 and up wormholes, you should be fine.

1 Like

Def use tech 1 ammo. I’ve tried myrms in the past but sleepers are notoriously famous for targetting drones. Its going to be a lot of work, however your results may vary from mine.

Try to use Pithum C-Type passive harderners, they’re quite cheap and are better. Try putting the fit into pyfa to see what recharge it has, you would want at least 200 and above for c2 sites.

200 and above passive recharge rate or ehp per second?

Also, the pithum c-type EM amplifiers are sold at 50 millions

Some corrections, you would want at least 300 ehp/s passive recharge rate, although you would pretty much have that already.

The pithum c-types you’re looking at are the ones that use cap. I’m talking about this one :https://evemarketer.com/types/19215

But you should really try to save up for a Gila, using a Myrmidon is viable but it’s tricky and wormhole site farming is more safer with a wormhole corp. Plus, Gilas can do C3s even as alpha as I said above, which are mice money.

Ok, for the pithum c-type, now I have no idea what I was looking at, you are right.

I understand what you mean about Gilas, but it’s a bit costly for me now and I’d rather start with something a bit less risky, even if in lower wormholes.

To be fair though, maybe I should have trained for a Drake. I chose myrmidon because I already had trained stuff for drones so I thought it was the natural choice. Also, the fact that I don’t like the way the Drake looks might have been a factor.

If you’re gonna be wormhole farming for a bit, consider a proper wormhole corp as daytripping is slighty more dangerous if you’re coming in from HS. Though id say with your kind of budget if you see a relic site go for that first always. Not sleeper ones however, even with a myrmidon those aren’t that recommendable. Good luck :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.