Alpha login restriction lifted?

What are you guessing about? You run more than one account when one is alpha, you get ban. That’s how it works.

3 Likes

“Dark Lord Trump”… HaHaaa!!! :rofl:

Which part of the TOS are you referring to

Line item 23:

You may not exploit any bug in EVE Online to gain an unfair advantage over other players. You may not communicate the existence of any exploitable bug to others directly or through a public forum. Bugs should be reported through the bug reporting tool on our website.

4 Likes

Neither topic was locked yet because of a forum rule. That puts the “this is a bug” claim into question. Besides, these days you don’t know what is a bug and what is not, thanks to CCP’s garbage development quality.

Plus, in order to report it as a bug, you actually have to have 2 alphas or Alpha/Omega logged in so that the logs can show something. This gives this TOS line a comedic value.

REDNES

The death rattle of Eve.

Haahahahahahahaha…

I hope this is just a glitch

There’s nothing to guess, It’s literally point 2 in the EULA.

Just because you WANT something to be true, or you’re just drama queening, doesn’t mean facts don’t apply. Just because it’s technically possible doesn’t mean you’re allowed or supposed to.

Until the EULA gets changed or we get the official OK it’s not allowed, it’s really that simple if you’re not a 5 year old.

5 Likes

Just because its not allowed doesnt mean they can stop me

I guess that’s correct, right to the point that they ban your account.

Just because im doing it doesnt mean they know

1 Like

Taking the opportunity of having TOS experts in this thread, I am curious about the interpretation of the recent changes that CCP has implemented. Namely, since Alpha players can log into the game using EVE Anywhere, would launching the game client and playing on an account as an Alpha or Omega, while simultaneously launching the browser and launching another Alpha account via EVE Anywhere be considered a violation of the rules?

To spice things up, let’s say I run the game client on a desktop computer with regular cable internet, and EVE Anywhere on a laptop with mobile internet.

Probaby bug, as there was no announcement that they lifted the constraints.

When they will see what happened they will issue a warning about exploit, and that all Alphaganged ships will be refunded, but without the modules that dropped…

@CCP_Swift do you know something about lifting that login restriction for Alphas?

If you are doing it from the same machine, they know.
As for different machines i have no idea.

Easy there, Karen. I want nothing, really. I’m happy about what I can already do in the game so put a brake on the grandstanding, this forum isn’t that popular.

A Geforce now session is technically a different machine
Launching an Alpha from a Geforce now session surely would not be detectable?

Unless Geforce now is telling the EVE server the end users IP address, which I doubt for privacy rules alone

I doubt that this is intended, but who knows. I’m not going to try it myself.

physically or mentally?

I hope neither, otherwise you shouldn’t be here.

The alpha restrictions are still embedded in the EULA. This is a technical issue that is currently being addressed by CCP.

I would like to point out that disregarding the login restrictions, as they are anchored in the EULA, may well lead to a ban of the corresponding accounts - and further discussions about the mechanics are expressly not welcome.

8 Likes