[ARC] Athounon data capture

I may be quite the killer but I am open and honest about my intentions, loyalties and reasons. I serve the Empire, and in this instance I am serving the Empire’s allies, the Caldari State, its ostensibly loyal capsuleers and their interests. In this case, their interests lie in protecting the Caldari Navy and maintaining its operational security in the system in question, which the data fragments you seek pose a direct threat to. As you might guess, they are rather irate you are seeking them so earnestly, with no regard for their goals.

I believe I have been polite and as neutral as I can be in pointing out why they might be upset with your pursuit of compromising State’s interests here. Even disregarding the fact you are seeking what is definitely classified information according to them, the method you proposed to obtain them is unethical and amounts to paying for the killing of those protecting the information in question. Now, I have also offered, again, very politely, ways to at least ensure an ethical conduct in obtaining that information, but as you are now resorting to simply attacking my credibility rather than addressing the issues being brought up, I will have to offer a different suggestion.

Simply own up to what you are doing, and what ARC is. You are ruthless scientific tabloid publishers, your client is the capsuleer public, with your payment being gratification of your own curiosity and the appreciation of those who do not care how you get your salacious scoops.

3 Likes

Do you have anything other than genetic fallacies and deflections to respond with? This is frankly embarrassing to even see.

Here is another question for you to fail to address meaningfully, why even maintain a bounty like this, when the contents of this fragmentary data are already made public?

“ARC will continue to work for the betterment of humanity”?
What a joke.

3 Likes

Oxymoronic, at best. When money and murder are involved, there aren’t many capsuleers anyone should trust at all, and I suspect my list and yours intersects at about 1 name.

Allegedly former…

Tell me you lack context without telling me.

There’s more data out there, and what has been made public this far may just be a miniscule fraction of what can actually be recovered, despite the risks involved.
The bounty is necessary to attract willing parties to brave a three-way warzone where at least two of the involved parties have openly and publicly declared unregulated hostilities, even against recognized non-national (CONCORD, EDENCOM), allied (both minmatar and amarr militias) and neutral/independent entities (I can safely assume that the SoCT and the SoE are both included in the ‘non authorized’ classification mentioned in both militia orders).

So, who’s gonna get the data? The very militia that would rather see that data disappear in some top secret data vault, their enemies that would do the same, the collective of invaders that have been vague or even outright silent about their motives, or the independent organization whose track record at least shows some results?

2 Likes

Considering you’re responding to a member of ‘the very militia that would rather see that data disappear’, I think it’s safe to say that we know who Remi would prefer get the data.

Fair point.
At least the answer is on the record for anyone else with similar doubts or criticisms to see.

The Protectorate released the full decoded and decrypted video footage to the press before the bounty was issued, after some deliberation. Precisely to prevent reckless acts such as these.

You seem to be missing some context.

3 Likes

Do you mean the footage published by the ASMR?

“Let’s release a partial 10 second clip to the press, because that will totally stop independent entities from pursuing more information about why we’ve engaged full on kill-on-sight orders against anything that isn’t flying Protectorate/State Navy transponders!”

Yes, the one published by the Achur State Mountain Report.

No, I do not think ASMR’s story will prevent more independent capsuleers from trying to interfere in State business.

I responded to your statement concerning the Protectorate’s stance because it was bafflingly incorrect.

We do not care what you think concerning optics or strategy. I have little more to say. My orders are simple and clear. Violate the protected zone and die.

3 Likes

Ms Priano, to put it plainly, this is outright sponsoring the destruction of Caldari Navy vessels in Athounon. Indirectly perhaps, but there is no spinning it as a mere salvage contract.

I was hoping the members of ARC would have taken the responsible path and approached PLESCO leadership about the developing situation. If only to avoid placing yourself on the other side of State interests.

I am hopeful still, that you will change the direction ARC is heading, as the international community you claim to support is very much against seeing this situation turning into another Semiki.

3 Likes

So Makoto, how much you paying for the ill-gotten gains?

Great suggestion Aldrith. My rates are quite low these days.

Very much former and it’s self proclaimed. Remilia has pariah’ed herself with her words and actions from both groups. Clearly its easy for the State to turn a blind eye when it suits them.

She does not speak for us. We have no intrest in Athounon.

3 Likes

You guys amuse me. We’re all capsuleers. You only pretend to care about civilian casualties when it suits your agenda. Any other day of the week its collateral-damage-o’clock. If you cared about civilians you wouldn’t be in the militia. You probably shouldn’t even be an egger.
You know what the warzone is? Heck, all of New Eden? It’s a ■■■■■■■ meat grinder. People go in one end, and meat comes out the other. All we do is turn the handle.
And the ones crying the loudest are a slaver and a former trig. figures.

PS. have you guys even seen these fights between the feds and squids? Bob they take their time killing each other. Makes you really appreciate our gift. And then they just start over again too. Killing them is honestly just putting the poor bastards out of their misery at that point.

2 Likes

I am not familiar with the Caldari verson of the concept of redemption, but if there is room for forgiveness I believe Strike Commander Malitia is on her way toward earning it. Of course, it is not up to me to say when or if she has earned it, but her dutiful service and provision of a safe harbor to the State Protectorate and allies during this crisis has been valuable. I’d hope those who currently call her comrade will take it into account.

3 Likes

So you are accepting of redemption of those who opposed what you believe in. I’m curious how far I’ve progressed down this path. Or does your organization initiating conflict with me reset that progress? I suppose whatever benefits House Sarums motives at the time right?

8 Likes

Frankly, Edios, I have seen no evidence you are the slightest bit repentant for what you and yours have done in Thebeka and our warzone. Ms. Malitia is quite clearly making good on her claims of loyalty to the Caldari State with action. You, however, seem to be the same callous mercenary with no regard for what or why you fight, so long as it catches your fancy, or ensnares some gullible blues.

If, however, you perchance do show some willingness to repent for your actions against Amarr, I would be willing to give it consideration.

2 Likes

Sparking through the night, unyielding spite of old
State and Fed, full sure of their predominance.
But yet by days end, when asked the corpses told
It is said in Placid, Salvage hath no provenance.

5 Likes

:person_shrugging: That presumes I should take a kyber’s word for… anything.

3 Likes

Sure she is. Violence you get rewarded for is no show of loyalty, only pliability.

Let’s see her actually make sacrifices of herself for the State, instead of sacrificing others’ lives.

3 Likes