[ARC] Corrupted trinary key released, one puzzle remains

Unless they are trying to use references that would make some sense to us. In their eyes from skimming our comms network ‘CEO’ may well translate into ‘Leader’. One thing is certain from this, one side or the other are trying to communicate with us. I doubt it’s the side with the upper hand, so I’m thinking the Drifters.

3 Likes

I looked a few of the videos and it seem to be a correct analysis since at many moments the point of view of the recording device is near a battleship (who could be the “CEO”) and we do see correctly placed ships.
I sadly does not have the time to check every videos.

Edit: Ofc it could simply be a coincidence, after all, mind is easily tricked

1 Like

Actually there is something bugging me off with this last video…

In this one they clearly show that they intend to have those informations being found. I think we can all agree on this bo?
But then…
When all the encoding?
I mean: if their goal is to be found, why hide the information?

More likely for that if found by the ennemy it would be not useful right?

So there it is the problem…
The key is not that hard, it’s not coded, it’s not all scrambled, they could have used at least the caesar code, one of the most basics of encryption methods, but no, it’s “only” a foreign alphabet, but then, does that mean that the authors think that their ennemies are too stupid to crak the code? Or that we have a special things that would make sens only to us? Or maybe ot’s only to give us informations about this threat, but even in this case it does not make a lot of sens, why help us? We invade their home, destroy their ships, steal their technologies, so why helping us?

To me it only add to the theory that they are not a threat to the clusters…

1 Like

It’s common for people to talk about the Amarr like there was only one of them.

Maybe we’re making the same mistake with the Drifters?

3 Likes

While i agree for the amarrians, for the drifter, until now, their is no proof of individuality.

1 Like

Or, for the most part, something we’d recognize as sentience. There does seem to be something behind them, but, whether it’s a mind, or a community, the way we’d recognize these concepts is still open to question.

They definitely fight like their bodies don’t matter to them, but, that doesn’t necessarily mean very much.

3 Likes

I agree on this too.
After all, we are a pretty good example of “loss of bodies does not matter much”.

But I’m still a scientist and like to keep the explanation to the simplest possible, and since there is no evidence of even conscience from them, I’m tempted to keep the “hive” theory as my favourite explanation for now.

but that does not mean I does not consider other possibilities.

1 Like

Well … then, let me throw your own question back at you.

Maybe we don’t have proof that there are working minds behind the Drifters, but, in that case, where are the vaults coming from? Something behind them was functional enough to trick us into giving it Jove DNA. That implies a couple things.

1. It’s at least sapient enough to attempt deception (and succeed).

2. It didn’t actually have Jove DNA on hand, despite all the canopics in Sleeper space. It engaged in creative problem-solving.

It might still be something like a military AI, but …

… maybe not. We don’t have proof that the Drifters are beings like us, but, this seems to make it more likely that they might be.

1 Like

well, I didn’t said that there is nothing beind the drifters, I originally spoke of individuality.
And it’s all compatible with a hive intelligence.
Each member does not count, but the whole is self conscious, as we, as biological entities, does not think of all the cells that are “killed” every seconds.

1 Like

Yeah, see, that’s the thing that strikes me as a maybe-erroneous assumption. Even if the Drifters display hive-like behavior, that doesn’t mean at all that there’s only one mind behind it all.

Something is apparently communicating with us, but it’s picked a really strange way to do it. If you have a single hive-mind, there’s maybe a little less need for peculiar games.

2 Likes

Unless what we perceive as a peculiar game is whatever mind(s) are behind the Drifters trying to work out how to communicate with us. I also think it may not be a hive mind as such, but rather multiple facets of each mind controlled at once, like multicasting commands to many drones, but on a much more personal level.

3 Likes

I created a thread about the author(s) of the messages, so it cover too the drifter mind ^^

so we can discuss it without sur-charging this thread.

1 Like

After reviewing the evidence in front of me i’m less inclined to continue supporting my original hypothesis that frames, when overlapped, consist of “battle data”…due in part for two reasons.

1: If someone wished to represent “engaged” ships, there are much more elegant ways of doing so rather than simply “mashing” them together across reference frames…

2: This original hypothesis fails to adequately address the opening “three” “answers” “clues” frame…

This being said it seems more and more likely we can draw a series of smaller conclusions from looking at the entire file.

Each “frame” is meant to be read on its own and in the order they are presented. Why? Layering of the frames has only led to “collisions” between characters across frames, which would imply the original maker of the file did not intend to have the frames layered like we have been attempting. EDIT: At time of posting i thought this to be the case, i have since rethought things and no long support this argument

That the frames are meant to be read in a "top down/Left right or top/down right left format. Why? The opening frame obviously has coherent words translatable into our language, but as opposed to placing them in the standard left right top/down configuration, they chose to put them in that configuration, despite knowing how our language is normally read as evidence by the majority of the past vaults. (The merit of whether or not the characters are read left right or right left is up for debate, im in favor of the left right idea…mostly due to the grammatical structure three initial words.)

As another note, iv’e gone and attempted to use a vigenere cipher to try and generate strings based off our initial three words and the 24 given characters, unfortunately these efforts have proved fruitless, either by my own incompetence, or because they are not valid solutions. These failures however have further reinforced the belief that we are NOT dealing with the same file structure/file type that we were(.mp4), assuming we’re dealing with one at all.

1 Like

A new, or rather an expansion on a current theory, one on reddit right now…that that images we’re seeing are in fact maps or parts to a map.

Myself and Yoshitaka Moromuo were working on this as a possibility, noting that the region and constellation maps, especially the ones in Anoikis, bear an uncanny resemblance to some of the compiled frames from the current vault. This being said, there’s too many systems to look through.

Unfortunately it’s nearly impossible to tell what frames make up what parts…current idea is that we’re looking for a region map, a constellation map, and a planet layout based off of the frames in the video, which is turn satisfies the the “three answers” we’re looking for.

To be clear we’re looking for a region with anywhere from 3-12 constellations, and a constellation with 3-12 systems, and a system with between 3-7 planets…with visual layouts matching some sort of combination of the frames from the most recent vault. Obviously frames cannot be re-used from the region/constellation/system maps…

3 Likes

To further expand upon our line of thinking, regarding these possibly being some sort of two-dimensional stellar map:

• If these match up to any “region”, “constellation”, or solar system within Anoikis or known space, then it is a lead worth pursuing for further research.
  • If these do not match up to anything known, then there is the distinct possibility that these could be representations of space outside both known space and Anoikis.

This line of thinking only assumes that these are maps, and not any other type of data; it does not preclude any other theory as of yet.

2 Likes

Maybe not of the required standard for the purposes it needed it for. Perhaps a fresh sample was needed rather than samples from who knows when.

2 Likes

Perhaps it needed to compare old Jove (from the sleeper canopics) and new Jove (from the body parts). Something may have happened to the Jove in the intervening time they needed to study?

2 Likes

I think we can assume a few things, given the previous messages being broadcast.

1- This group has the ability to communicate in full and complete wording.
2- There is a limited amount of bandwidth to send a message.
3- This last message is attempting to convey more information than could be said in a few sentences.

The starmap idea is a good one, but without a starting point I’m not sure how viable it is. It also assumes that they’re friendly and are trying to provide their address. This seems a bit unusual in the history of EVE.

EDIT:

Looking into this a bit more, a pattern starts to emerge.
Letters:
15- e
4- o
4- a
1- c

If we lay the letters out as they appear:
a o e o e e a o a c e o e e a e e e e

The last frame would be unused for this, assuming the “c” should be the center of the 15 characters.

You could further refine it, if you drop the "e"s
ao oa oa c oa - letters
10 01 01 2 01 - Ternary
3 - decimal

… Huh?

2 Likes

Pilots;

Two vaults were successfully retrieved today.

One appears to be an elaboration on the 47697 vault. The second is more conventional, and has been decoded. Composition is underway, and an updated ARCHIVES release will be out shortly. In the interim, individual recon footage clips is attached.

atgratse1dt
fttedandddooaer
lleknarrionwwda
madcoelccwegpq43
plewsbtttusawee
uragpdwdau

47609 - anomalous

Edit; additionally, a fleet spotting bounty of 150m ISK has been issued to Andrei Haiducul.

5 Likes

I have not been following this all very closely, so I’m not sure what’s what. I think I figured out so far that each 476** has a “header” followed by pointers to footage. If I’m right, then what is the information in the “header”?

Also, I think one of the pointers to footage, or something else, is missing under 47691? I count 8 lines under the header, but I only see 7 pointers to footage in the post. Or was the 8th line something else, and if so, what was it?

1 Like