Avalon Warden Ascension Ceremony // May 14

Brief aside, as the situation seems to call for it; we are aware of renewed attacks by the Skarkon Tribal Resistance Army on warclone holdings and territories on Skarkon II.

I unambiguously condemn the continued aggression, and personally take this as yet more evidence that Kril Efrit’s resistance army has nothing to do with the defense and evacuation of civilian populations on Skarkon. I’m utterly unconvinced that their efforts even pose real possibility of “freeing” Skarkon from Triglavian occupation either given the logistical challenges EDENCOM forces as a whole face in Pochven. Kril Efrit’s Skarkon Tribal Resistance Army, more than anything else, is a propaganda tool that I anticipate will continue to be used to obstruct and destabilize the planet perhaps indefinitely until some sort of solution is found.

Without putting words in anyone’s mouth, there’s a certain argument and philosophy among some Matari loyalists that the warclones of the Bosena Accords are just another warlord gang on Skarkon but just like any gang we can be reasoned with and negotiated with to find pragmatic solutions to the humanitarian crisis on Skarkon. I’m very much inclined to agree to the latter half of that statement, and able to recognize when pragmatic politics and the reality on the ground should take precedence over any lofty ambitions or historic grudges.

All of this is to say, we’re willing to tolerate a certain amount of skirmishing and conflict between both sides so long as we avoid strategic escalation. We have reasonable suspicion that they continue to operate from their GULLTOPPR-class submarine fleet and submarine hunting equipment isn’t exactly cheap or something warclone units carry standard. We aren’t on Svarog payroll, and there’s no long term advantage to spending materials we don’t even have hunting Kril Efrit every time a scud missile takes a pot shot at us.

I would be a very very bad idea however, to act like this just isn’t happen or to escalate things further so I would continue to implore our historic adversaries, yes including you @Kril_Efrit you big dumb bastard, to put down the guns for the day and break bread with us on May 14th.

It’s a shot in the dark, where many many other shots like this haven’t landed but I’ll take it. What’s the worst that could happen? The sun going black again?

3 Likes