Avoid this in the new HUD

So it looks like they’re going ahead with precisely the inconsistent and unintuitive thing I was afraid of, stacked health bars:

I guess I’ll look through the devblog to see if they have considered the downsides of this approach.

3 Likes

lol better iconography: By putting a FLASH on a HEAT feature. This makes SOO much sense.

2 Likes

To be honest, we have other problems in the game that should be addressed. But we’re getting a new HUD that nobody wants. Why not simply ask the players what’s important and what needs to be fixed?

1 Like

There are lots of players with lots of opinions.

I’m sure some players have said that stacked scaled hitpoints look nice, without considering how this limits the range of movement of those same bars, how it makes break point angles inconsistent and how it is going to be inconsistent with enemy targets.

As I said, niche and totally irrelevant for 99% of the PvP meta. I can live with that.

It’s just one example.

There also are many ships that can be flown with either shield or armor, and currently you couldn’t easily tell between shooting an active shield ship versus passive armor until you either hit armor or see them start repairing.

Bait opportunities would be fewer.