Battleship

last rattler i lost was to a nid lmao

gawd i was a bit sore about that, there was already 8 of them and only two of us :frowning:

This actually raises a very interesting point (from my perspective)ā€¦

How many ships have been lost to ā€œSpouse Aggroā€? I am going to suggest that it is the biggest cause of L4 mission ship lost in all of new eden!

:slight_smile:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

Ouuh I so hate it when that happens and I am sorry to hear that!

Hey Cypr3ss,
actually that would be the first. Even though it was a lady friend of mine in distress, I managed to keep my ships save until that very day.

But in my 13 years I lost my fair share of ships in level 4 missions, early due to hubris and too little skillbooks in my shelf, one in lowsec to pirates, some due to clipping errors in the engine.
If I would be guessing it would be 6 battleships.

1 Like

One of the ugliest ships in the game. But I guess if thatā€™s what floats your boatā€¦

I use a marauder for soloing l4 missions with salvage gear, the problem I face though is the restrictions that I face on some 6hr missions that I get from my point of contact for running security missions in hsā€¦

By using a marauder I can fit an omnidirectional link aug for drones, tractor beam, salvager and bastion module in addition to 4 gunsā€¦ I have offset the guns with drones for frigate destruction within 10 of my hull

ishtar can passive tank a lv 4 no problems

when last i looked ishtar was not a battleship.
it will also struggle with any em and web towers.

not in my experience and its smaller sig makes it better than a bs

if your mission running in gallente space i imagine, in your experience; you would not have had many issues.
However, in my experience, you will struggle with many em damage missions and web towers.
This is assuming passive tank like you suggested, as you only have 4 mid slots.
And an ishtar is still not a battleship, like the title of the opā€¦

For that money surely a Golem would be better? Havenā€™t used mine in a long time but Iā€™m sure itā€™s got almost 50% more DPS.

100% agree. The Golem is probably the best all-round lvl4 mission ship in the game. The Barghest is good, but itā€™s warp scramble bonus means that itā€™s really a PvP ship, dedicated to killing the Pirate faction battleships in PvP scenarios. My Golem has served me very well since I skilled up Marauders 5 a number of years ago, and the bastion module means you can fit a minimal tank to free up more mid-slots for damage application. With some abyssal mods it kicks out almost 1500 dps in any damage type, using Rage Torpedoes, and can project that damage out to over 60km if needed.

I am currently using it to make over 100million ISK per hour running a certain mission chain in highsec, and that includes Killing everything, Looting everything, and Salvaging everything. And doing that, I can complete the whole mission chain in under 2 hours.

If you are looking to blitz lvl 4 missionz on the other hand, the Tengu will be ideal, as it has that combination of speed and damage, especially if you fit a blingy afterburner and overheat it.

2 Likes

barghest can hit higher raw dps than the golem and with the extra missile velocity from the mordus bonus it doesnā€™t need to count volleys as the missiles hit before the next ones fire. Also the barghest is pretty fast so it can get and/or stay in range of many things better. Of course the golem has the MJD bonus but 100km overshoots a lot of things. Application is going to be a pretty clear golem win in most cases though, that TP bonus is nice. Been long enough some cruise bargest vs torp golem mission completion time comparisons might be interesting to see.

For blitzing Iā€™d take a mach, donā€™t think I could go back to using a tengu.

did you try rapid barghest ?

Going on reload kills your dps so in general missions short enough that RHML work well is probably better done with a mach for the warp speed. There might be a few interesting options since you donā€™t have to care about range/transversal as much though, even losing damage to reload might be worth it if you can speed/range tank while killing the completion triggers. Thereā€™s also a few missions where you need to kill only a few things then move to the next room that gives you some time to reload.

Iā€™d guess thereā€™s somewhere it makes sense, but I havenā€™t run normal missions in long enough that nothing immediately jumps to mind.

I tried zazmatazz in a T1 raven, and I just kill zazz + the structure with one clip

raven RHML
[Raven, zazzmataz RHML]
Ballistic Control System II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
500MN Microwarpdrive II

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II
Small Tractor Beam II

Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Hobgoblin II x13
Hobgoblin I x2

Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile x3150

itā€™s 9s align and 1000 m/s, with <80k ehp. I picked navy RHML because range and almost perfect application on zazzmatazz

The barghest has more base speed, better agility, much more base shield so a similar fit should be better.

barghest RHML
[Barghest, zazzmatazz RHML]
Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

500MN Microwarpdrive II
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
Thermal Dissipation Field II

Small Tractor Beam II

Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile x4000

now itā€™s 8s align and 1500 m/s (+50% !), >110k ehp on the barghest (thanks to base shield and DC)

both can start shooting on arrival and approach zor at once, the raven has no issue tanking the room so the barghest should not have either.
the gain of DPS is very small(20) but maybe it would be worth using fury on the barghest as it still has 70km range and the fast moving missiles may make it possible to hit zor before he reaches cruise speed (thus negating its speed)

I guess I will try the barghest soon Ā©

Interestingā€¦ I reach 100M/h running missions in hisec with my lokiā€¦ and I havenā€™t even attempted farming them properly yet (if I did I could easily spike it to 200M)

1 Like

@Chainsaw_Plankton I just tried the RHML barghest with fury( adn a guidance computer with precision script ), took me 14 missiles(*2.63= 36.8s) to shoot zor+ structure, while with raven it was 25(*2.1 = 52.5s), plus itā€™s faster to lock, to align, gets close to the can faster.

Basically in that one mission the barghest is 100% better than the raven.
cruise version would have less DPS and less apply so not even worth trying.
itā€™s also better than the mach. Almost instant DPS is better than waiting to get in range. The warp speed lacks. But Iā€™m not sure how much.

In the mission I did I watched zor speed and it never reached above 200m/s. with its 400m sig I apply 100% dps with fury up to him going Ā±300 m/s, and Ā±73% DPS if he goes 400m/s . On the structure itā€™s always 100% DPS (I guess its sig is huge) so the fury are actually better with a guidance than the CN (and cheaper but ā€œI careā€ said none ever)

edit : timed the moment between exiting warp and going back to warp, was 1:20 (and the structure was between me and the wrecks)
The total mission from undock to dock was 4:40 (one jump destination). thatā€™s a 30M drop, 6M LP worth and 1M8 isk worth (38M total) so 380M/h worth running it, assuming 1min to talk to agent etc(and rounded up so 6 min per mission total).

I use a fairly conservative LP/ISK conversion rate, so I suppose I could hit 150m if I manage good sales prices on the faction loot. I mission in Caldari space, so I donā€™t really know how lucrative the missions are in other factionsā€™ empire space.

Interested to see how you could get it to 200m? :slight_smile:

As an aside, Iā€™ve read the comments about the Barghest on here, and am now seriously considering buying one and fitting it for Torps for Blizting and Clearing.

You see, I have no qualms about farming tags, especially amarr tags. In some missions you can do full clear (except structure bash, that one takes another 2 minutes) in under 25 minutes and get over 80M in tagsā€¦ +20M in loot and salvage. I do missions in minmatar space.