Battleship

ok I tried the zazz with a raven with T2 RHML and rigor T2 rigs, took me 21 missiles to shoot both zor and structure, warpin-warpofff time is 1:33 (so 15s more than with barghest) .
total time dockout-dockin was 4:28 (one jump desto) so that’s faster than with barghes, but it’s most likely because destination was further in terms of AU (only one hyper, so lowest AU/s, lowest align, than barghest)

1 Like

The Barghest isn’t very good with torpedoes. Even though you can fit them, I recommend you don’t.
The Barghest is much better with cruise missiles.

Why? Can you explain please?

first, because torps have very bad application.

• torpedo : 106.5 m/s 337m 1066 damage so 3.2 damage/m
  • cruise : 103.5 m/s 247m 889 damage so 3.6 damage/m
  • precision cruise : 124 m/s 22m 773 dmg so 3.5 dmg/m

secondly, because of range torp goes 31km, cruise 233, precision 116

Third, because torps use more fitting than cruise. If you can fit it tight with cruise, then you need to use an ancil rig so less tank

That means the barghest needs to go very close, so needs more tank, so less room for application modules. You also want MJD and MWD and cap, so IMO the best is armor tanked barghest - but then no more pwr.

it may be worth using in some specific mission, like pirate invasion, where the DPS and exposure is so low that you can remove mwd and fit passive shield MJD. But most of the time, rapid are much better, and cruise are better.

Instead of the Dominix i use the Arma with rapid heavies on top of the sentries and drones.

Passive Armour resist with twin Armour Reps.

1 Like

What do you do with the tags? Sell at teade hub, or somewhere specific?

Coolio! I use the very same ship. I find that throwing a few cruise missiles every hour or so helps with bigger targets.
I fit mine with one mostly cap stable local rep and 2x large remote reps for my sentries.

1 Like

I bought a Barghest when Invasion was released shortly after your post, and fitted it with faction torpedo launchers… and I must say that it absolutely rocks.

The damage application is absolutely fine, but then I am a regular torpedo user so I know how to fit Torpedo boats to make them work. I don’t have any of the problems you state, and I certainly don’t need to use fitting rigs or modules to make it work. I have Launcher Rigging 5 by the way :slight_smile:

With Rage I am kicking out up to 1800dps, 1500dps with Navy, 1200dps with Javelin. I’m very happy. My Torpedo Barghest is now my main blitzing and clearing ship. As for Cruise Missiles, the rate of fire is too slow for me, the clip size is too low, and the difference in Alpha between Fury Cruises on the one hand and Navy Torps and Rage Torps on the other hand actually doesn’t mean any difference in the number of shots it takes to kill battleships, so you may as well go for the weapon that had the faster rate of fire and bigger clip size, which means Navy or Rage Torpedoes. I know this from experience. As for Precision cruise missiles, I find Navy Torps compete with them quite well on precision as well which is another reason why I prefer Torpedoes overall.

Would Cruise Missiles enable you to completely clear out ‘Dread Pirate Scarlet’ in a single 20 minute tick? I managed this with the Torp Barghest the other day, I am interested to hear if anyone else manages this and can prove it with a screenshot like I did on another post :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not saying you can’t. I’m saying that cruise are just plainly better.

sorry, I thought you were talking about blitzing ?

Tha being said, if you enjoy it, it’s nice for you :slight_smile:
I agree that the barghest is a nice beast.

I use it for both blitzing and clearing :slight_smile: I clear Dread Pirate because it has such a good amount of cash bounties, and blitz Pirate Invasion because Sansha bounties are generally very poor. It is very good at blitzing. For Pirate Invasion I MWD down to the Carrier wreck before the mission completion group spawns, when they do spawn they are neatly in range to use Rage torps, and you are out of range of any webbing frigates from other groups.

I agree Cruise Missiles are easier to use, mainly because Torps badly need a range boost, but also because Missile Guidance Computers don’t have faction and officer equivalents unlike Tracking Computers. CCP could also double the effectiveness of the missile range implants as 5% is hardly worth using.

well than that isnt passive at all.

Still have the RHML Drone boat Arma with twin reps., but have been using for the last month and a bit an Leshak, clears lvl4 mission and Amarr/Cal Epic Arcs solo.

The mix of a good DPS ramp-up and 100mbs drone bandwidth and a good drone bay allows for twin geckos or 4 sentries, or any mix.
Most cases the drones don’t get a chance to attack anything, missions like Blockade they get some action once targets get within 54km.

The only down side is the turret cycle time, most destroyers or less are killing in one cycle, so you need to wait a second for turret to reset.
Cruisers and Battleships 2-3 hits tend to take most out, the odd one might take 5 cycles.

A good armour tank fit with a good armour repair module is a must. If you’re fleeting you can add remote reps and you end up with a very strong armoured fleet, and you don’t have to sit on each others knee, as you can rep out to 50km+, and can easily mount 2 large ones with little issue.

No omega implant?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.