Best t1 bs for highsec L4 missions?

Hi there!
I need advice, which battleship should i choose for high-sec L4 missions? Fast googling the question returns controversial results.

So can you suggest any non-missile T1 battleship, Assuming almost perfect skills except drones. It would be nice if fit will be cheap (sub 1 bil)

Let’s share your actual fits!

1 Like

Praxis is a good jack of all trades, you can fit almost any setup on that, being drones+guns, or missiles. lasers are an issue cause praxis don’t have such a great cap or cpu. I would go kinetic if guns, or you can try DOMINIX if your drone skills are good

4 Likes

With upcoming update, shield potato will most likely be easy mode.

Esp since you can fit MJD easier. I’ll make a fit later and post.

1 Like

Raven is pretty solid with golem being end game. Just a cadari preference.

2 Likes

A long time ago the Rattlesnake was affordable. Not so much now. To do something like that see about making something with strong passive shield generation. A ship with natural shield ability. Maybe the Rokh? All my thinking is from how I use the Rattlesnake, but the Rokh looks like it could do the same passive tank and target/shoot far away.

One of the things I do is use 2 mids with shield resistance amplifiers targeted to the specific damage types given for the specific mission as seen in the Eve Survival web site.

I also use a micro jump drive to leap out 100k from the NPC’s and safely wap them from afar. It looks like the Rokh could be set up to hit quite far off.

OK…you got me interested in the question. This doesn’t have as much passive recharge as my rattlesnake, but it targets and shoots farther. I put thorium as the ammo as that puts it at the most damage matching about 100K optimal, but able to hit at full targeting range of 135 K. I think I’ll give one of these a try. The drones are for anything that gets close. The guns will not be able to hit anything close.

[Rokh, Simulated Rokh Fitting]
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Damage Control II
Tracking Enhancer II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Pithum B-Type Thermal Shield Amplifier
Pithum C-Type EM Shield Amplifier

425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II

Large Core Defense Field Purger II

Warrior II x5
Acolyte II x5

Thorium Charge L x3520

2 Likes

Typhoon with cruise missiles.

1 Like

There is no such thing as the best T1 mission running bs in general.
Most non missile bs do struggle against certain npcs since they are damage locked.
Laser vs Angel / Minmatar. Hybrid vs Drones, Projectile vs Amarr / Sansha / Blood Raider etc are all relatively weak since a lot of damage is lost to high resistances.

Some fits i used over the years:
In Amarr space where you face very few angel missions

[Abaddon, PvE]

Large Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Domination EM Armor Hardener
Domination Thermal Armor Hardener
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

100MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Large Cap Battery II

Mega Pulse Laser II, Scorch L

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Imperial Navy Acolyte x5
Imperial Navy Infiltrator x5

Both in Caldari / Gallente space

[Megathron, PvE]

Large Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II
Domination Kinetic Armor Hardener
Domination Thermal Armor Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

100MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

425mm Railgun II, Antimatter Charge L

In Minmatar space

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

X-Large Shield Booster II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Domination Kinetic Shield Hardener
Domination Explosive Shield Hardener
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

800mm Repeating Cannon II, Barrage L

Large Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II
Large Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II

All fits under 500m.
Raven / Typhoon would be the more obvious alround choices which free damage selection on missiles.

3 Likes

Abaddon for lvl 4 missions is a terrible advice.
Specially when you got a better alternative with the Apoc.

Either people fly what they want for fun or… They go for the best and most efficient ships. I can’t think of anything else better than a Raven or a Typhoon.

The OP was looking for non-missile.

4 Likes

Since I can only talk about what I fancy, I can tell you that the Armageddon or the Dominix are nice drone options if you like your drones to do the work.
The Dominix also gives you an option to fit guns, any type of guns you fancy, and the Armageddon has 5 missile launcher hard-points.
Neither of the high slots on both ships have any weapon bonuses, but both have a big enough drone bay to take as many sentries, light or medium drones as the situation requires.
The Apocalypse is an excellent laser-boat that also has very nice mobility for a battleship.

The mealstrom is also an option if you like autocannons, but is not as agile and very slow. The tempest is a really good pvp battleship, but not very good as a mission boat.

The Rohk and the Hyperion would be the large railgun options for you and if you enjoy armor-tanking, I strongly suggest you get a Hyperion with blasters instead of railguns.
The Hyperion is very agile and fast for a battleship, and you may enjoy the firepower with a strong armor-tank.

The Rohk comes with a strong shield tank but as a trade-off, you lose agility and speed. However, you get slightly less firepower but a lot more range for large blasters and railguns.

And who doesn’l like 50+km of range for blasters?

The top options would be most of the pirate-faction battleships, but thanks to all our fellow Ferengi, we don’t get to have nice things.

My favorite is the Armageddon because it is a cool looking ship, even though slow and not very agile, but I prefer missiles and sentry drones.
And the Armageddon is not as much of a gank-magnet as a Rattlesnake would be.

A piece of advice, hop on the test-server, train the battleship skills there and try them all out. One of the battleships will be for you.

5 Likes

Yup. I’m going to be very irritated when I lose the one I have left.

Rock is super weak on capacitor and slow as hell, but it was my first BS almost 10 y ago and I never lost it.
Once I trained Cruise and switched to Raven I almost never looked back, still for sniping fits
from time to time I went back to Rock. Raven for me.

1 Like

Maelstrom
Mach if you want pirate

2 Likes

Dominix with T2 sentries. EZ mode.

2 Likes

Agree the Domi is s good option with massive drone capacity and good turrets.

If missiles were an option id add the Armageddon to it, its good with 5 turret slots, but better with rapid heavy launchers, it has just as good drone capacity and bonuses as the domi, also Has good cargo capacity.

I personally done both the amarr and Caldari epic Arcs solo in a dual rep missile/drone boat Armageddon. Blockade lvl4 missiles are easy with also, it tanks very well, though relays solely on player skills, fit and implants to get better weapon bonuses. But never been an issue.

I would say leshak, but price point can be an issue for so as well with the turret mechanics.

1 Like

personally i am a fan of Gun boats the most which Abaddon if the big beefy gunboat
going to need high skills + rapture implants make it much easier to fly on cap

can’t go wrong with Apoc which is MUCH easier to use then Abaddon and cheaper, but less tank and dps potential.

If you are open to Navy Variants, Navy Armageddon is my favorite battleship with the LaserCap/ROF bonus (I like seeing laser fire faster), can easily use a set of drones close or long range / beams or pulse laser like the base Armageddon variant (more focus on guns instead of drones) can fit a great tank and less cap/high skill issues that Abaddon brings while also have 1 extra low slot.

basically a good all round choice that can be fitted for brawling or sniping.

only weakness is being locked into EM/Therm damage except for drones but the drones are not your primary damage. but on the plus side standard ammo = infinite ammo for lvl4’s and you can save the good crystals for the good beefy targets

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.