What ship for L4 missions in High Sec?

Looking for some good fittings for high sec level 4 missions.

I am up for pretty much any ship-type… i just want some options to try and look at.

I often prefer to run missions with range and not having to constantly move around and approach stuff.
It was many years ago i did missions… but i used to run in a raven or an sniping abaddon.
I like to have it quite secure on the tank and not have to worry about being scrambled by some lonely friggat.

Im not looking for some super expensive rare-item fitting. Something more balanced with a good tank but still decent DPS for a decent mission profit. I am more looking to cash in LP rather than collect loot.

Need inspiration and tips. Havent played for several years.

:red_circle: Those still work. You could also aim for Machariels, Barghest, Rattlesnake or Vindicator. All of them have the range to shoot things down from far away, the drones to take care of pesky tacklers and the application bonuses to melt everything in their path. Cheaper options are Tempests (FI), Typhoon (FI), Apocalypse (NI) (this one is not necessarily ideal outside Amarr space). With the Large Micro Jumpdrive you can move around the grid with relative ease and get out of trouble fairly easily.

2 Likes

You can run level 4 missions with a 6 month old character in a T1 battleship with a meta fit. You can run them faster in a pirate battleship with a T2 fit. It’s hard to beat the cruise/sentry Rattlesnake for relaxed, long range farming. It’s been a few years since I last ran level 4 missions but still have the fit I used at the time:

[Rattlesnake, Rattlesnake fit]

Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Inferno Fury Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Sentry Damage Augmentor I
Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Warden II x2

2 Likes

Nice, thank you both.

I remember i used to follow some mission-guide to make sure i packed the correct armor and damage etc.
Found this link.
https://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=MissionReports

Is this guide still valid or is there some more updated version?

What would you recommend for ISK making. Spend time on loot+salvage to sell or try and blitz missions fast to only get a bit of bounty and focus on loyalty points?

Missions are among the oldest content in the game - they haven’t changed.
Edit: should qualify - they hadn’t changed the last time I ran them!

Great!

More ship fittings would be awesome.

This fit has horrible cruise missile application, you probably do more damage with regular t1 missiles. You must use rigor rigs to have an actual benefit from fury missiles.

If you let your opponents get too close, I agree but missile range is 125Km while the drones can engage (falloff) out to 160Km. I pull sentries and jump when opponents close to within 60Km. Let the Wardens take care of cruisers & smaller - generally 1 shot because there is no transversal, while the missiles focus on battleships & battlecriusers. May not be “optimal” but it works. With the new AI where rats warp to a bookmark and than land on top of you a very different strategy would be required!

@Behedwin

If you look on YouTube for PocketDK he makes some really good guides on blitzing Level 4 missions for the LP as well as cashing them in.
He has a good Machariel Fit that isn’t too expensive but I’m sure it can be cheapened or improved if you have the ISK.

If you want to just sit there and then a Sentry Domi is a very good cheaper option to the Rattlesnake.
When i get home I will add the fit to this post but its mainly consists of:

Highs: Drone Links
Mids: MJD, MWD, Omni Tracking and Maybe a TP
Lows: Repper (Normally Deadspace), Reactive Hardener, Resists / Damage Control and Drone Damage Amps.

Sentries to suit NPC damage hole.

Sentries to suit NPC damage hole.

With sentries it really doesn’t matter. Warden’s have the longest range, garde the shortest. With those two, two scan boosters/omni tracking with range scripts, you can hit 200 out easy. Very easy with a domi/navy domi with deadspace repper, reactive and DDA’s to snipe any L4 mission and rarely take any damage. Drop an MTU on warp in and MJD away. Kill everything, MJD back to the MTU and collect any goodies.

Golem

[Low Slot]
Damage Control II
Ballistic Control Unit II

[Mid Slot]
Large Micro Jump Drive
Target Painter II
Target Painter II
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script
(Mission Specific Shield Hardener) II
(Mission Specific Shield Hardener) II
X-Large Shield Booster II

[High Slots]
Cruise Missile Launcher II
Bastion Module I
Tractor Beam II
Tractor Beam II
Salvager I

[Rigs]
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Large Warhead Flare Catalyst I

[Drones]
Flight of Smalls
Flight of Mediums

I’ve never had a problem with any mission in this. Great sniping fit; can get I think about 116km or more. Also have used for brawling, and have triggered entire pockets with no issues. You can replace any module with bling, such as CN BCUs, deadspace shield stuff, faction TPs, but I don’t bother. This fit gets 'er done as is. I’m sure someone else can chime in re: the rigs, or I can update when I get home. As well, can’t remember if I have T2 Tractors and Salvager or not… assuming I do but again, can’t remember and can’t get online atm.

Edit: I have been toying with the idea of dropping the Damage Control with some sort of missile application module, as tank has never really been an issue in this. But really, this usually 1 shots cruisers, battlecruisers, destroyers and frigs. The odd time I have to 2 shot battlecruisers and frigs but not sure if more application would help in those circumstances.

Edit: checked out the rigs and edited this post as per above. Tried to figure out why I can’t use T2 rigs; looks like it would be too tight on CPU, though maybe with Deadspace and/or Faction, one could fit T2 rigs?

This is a good fit overall but there is no point in using a damage control on a golem which is fitted with a bastion module. So use that low slot for another ballistic module. If you take too much damage, you just pulse the bastion anyway. Also why using t1 rigs on a hull costs 1.5 billion?

If you can use t1 rigs, you can also use too as well, the penalty is the same for both.

I think you’re right about the DC. I think that’s just me being nervous with a 1.5 bil ship but I’ve never had a problem tank-wise so maybe I will grow some balls and switch it out :slight_smile:

As for the T1 rigs, yeah that does seem dumb… not sure why I did that then but thanks for pointing that out. I think I will go switch them

Just take raven with T2 Cruise missiles, 2x Adaptive shield resist modules, X-large shield booster, MJD and target painter.

For rigs I recommend either 3x Shield extenders or 1 x Missile sig radius and 1x explosion velocity and 1x Shield extender (can’t remember the name for missile rigs)

Low slots are obvious choice, T2 Damage Control and 3x Ballistic missile controls.

I manage to do lvl 4 missions on that fit no problem (then again, I usually fly golem and skills play huge role how things go, Raven has more dps than my Golem does, but my golem basically laughs at null sec ganker supers trying to nuke the ■■■■ out of it ^^).

I’m still using an Ishtar. Good drone skills and faster to warp between sites.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.