Double Barghest for lv 4s

i know, barghest is a blitz ship, but, having two of them, are they isk efficient with HRM or am i incurring in tank/reload times troubles?
I currenttly run them in double paladins and, yes, they are good for everything, but when i’ve to deal with guri/angel is a real pain in the ass

I don’t have a problem in my paladin with those, but I do jump 100kms and burn everthing. why do you want a barghest? because of the missile hits the target sooner? I prefer application even my rni has 2 painters and my golem is unmatched at 3 and 1 hitting everything under battleship

So you’re using tachyon paladins with mjd? How do you get rid of targeting range limit?

If you want DPS for full-clearing sites, get Rattlesnakes. The Barghest is for Blitzing. It does not have anywhere near the same sustained DPS as Marauders, the RNI, or the Rattlesnake.

The Barghest is meant to fly through sites, hit the objective rat/structure fast and hard, and then warp out. You reload while in warp.

The Barghest is a pvp bonused ship, you could fly literally anything else and have more applicable bonuses towards L4 missions.

In my opinion, you’d be better off using double Ravens. It would be quite a bit cheaper and you’ll get similar performance.

good skills and bastion give me a bit more range, I destroy most of everything before they get close, by than I only have some battleships to deal with.

Blitz barghest fit, old, may need adjusting

Lows
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Ballistic Control System II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II

Mids
Shadow Serpentis 500MN Microwarpdrive
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script
Pith C-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Highs
Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II
Small Tractor Beam II

Rigs
Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Drones
Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

I use a Barghest for lvl 4’s, I couldn’t be happier, when it comes to difficult missions (high DPS), I always use it, the missile bonuses make a big difference, I run with a Corp mate and they are in a Raven, excellent but you definitely see the bonused difference when we run together, and you’ll love the speed, it moves.

it’s the highest dps missile ship with good mobility, the only thing wasted in pve is the point/scram bonus. The missile velocity bonus is great in pve as your missiles hit before another volley launchers, so you don’t end up wasting missiles. I’ve played with cruise and RHML versions both can be very good for blitzing, never really tried full clears. Cruise can hit things like BS or structures at 100km+ for full damage, or RHML for the low enemy count brawl missions.

dual ravens, meh. Dual navy ravens maybe, the extra application will help some.

i’d stay with my couple of mega pulse paladins, why change what is already great, i don’t know if you could ever squeeze more isks from full clears, imho paladins are the kings of level 4, in amarr space ofc

indeed, and assuming you are in amarr space just use your standings and decline angel/Gurista missions. The only angel mission you should get is Angels extra, and that is just a horrible mission to run in general. The Gurista missions you can blitz most of them, or just decline. Guristas extra you can blow up some of the structures and it avoids most spawns, The assault, use an MWD to crash the gate in the first room, then MJD onto the last group, kill with conflag and missions over in under 5 mins, or skip the MJD and just use tachs to hit the far group, that’s what I did before MJDs were a thing.

Just use a golem and all your dreams will come true. Overall it it the best and you can blitz in it. If you want to have the absolute best, you will need at least 3 in every system you mission in.

Barghests are pretty horrible in comparison with other options. Double that if you have 2 ships at your disposal. I have been doing full clears including extrvaganza bonus rooms etc. on a Gila, Tengu, Proteus, RNI, Domi, Navy Domi, even tried out a Hyperion and Megathron. I should also mention that one of my goals was to do it solo in under 1 bil fits.

Now a lot of these I have to forsake a lot of loot due to cargo capacity and limited salvage per time, just don’t wanna wait that long. And also because I do them solo I have to have more balanced fits of tank vs applied DPS so I am most certainly not breaking any speed records for the clears.

Eventually I settled on drone Proteus for cost efficiency both fits and ammo used, Gila for the sig / transversal tank for some missions, and a Navy Scorpion for full easy mode. The scorpion has a ton of built-in tank so don’t need to use as many slots for it and with MJD and Cruise missles + MTU it really is full easy mode while the entire fit, ammo and hull included is around 850 mil.

So the point is, if I can do this solo, and you have 2 ships at your disposal, you can just focus your 2nd ship on the loot aspect and some long range support DPS while your primary can stay the tank + primary DPS. This way you will clear things a lot faster and far more cost efficiently. The Barghest and marauders are far too cost inefficient, even the hulls themselves are just not worth it.

I highly recommend you give some of the ships I listed a good try and vary your ships config to one primary the 2nd support + loot.

T1 dominix as a support, warp in - mjd - deploy sentry -right click assign to your main, forget it. I think it’s 500 dps with very good tracking at 100km.
Your main needs to have an active offensive module, like a painter, to guide the sentries.
I use a raven NI as my main, cruise for BC/BS rats, and after each activation of guns on a rat I use TP again on a small rat to make the sentries attack it.

That T1 Domi + RNI or alike ship actually sounds really good.

starburst MJD with barghests and launch auto-targeting missiles. 700ish dps that hits out to 100km or so before a 2nd volley launchers, and since you did a starburst they should be targeting different NPCs further reducing the risk of wasted volleys.

and yea adding a drone boat support ship is a long used tactic, domi and rattlesnake probably the two most common. Can add some cap transfers or remote reps to it too.

I just did some experimenting with domi, navy domi and raven for support-ish fits. Doesn’t work very well at all, especially with the Domis.

Problem 1 is the Domis have low targeting range, especially the regular one, the navy is a bit better but still too short, had to waste slot on Sensor Boosters.

Problem 2 is that long range wardens without drone range script booster running have a very low damage application at 100km+ ranges, and in case of Navy Domi its even worse since it doesn’t have hull bonus for that. Its so bad I had to go back and refit wasting 2 more slots for it otherwise it just takes way too long per target. So they are a bit crappy for sniping actually. Add to that the low range on the sentries other then the warden.

Add to that some cap and some tank and there is not much room left for the support stuff. But you could fit some modules in the uppers instead of turrets, I’ve seen that done here and there and even put a rig in for support drones and run those.

With full tank and going closer in they still couldn’t out tank a Gila, Tangu or a Proteus. That low sig + AB transversal is just a superb tank to those ships.

Navy Scorp and Rattler can out tank it, the overall kill time on these is better then that of the cruisers cause they take much longer time to deal with the more resilient battleships then the Scorp or Rattler takes with frigs. So if going for full clears, these are my 2 choices.

I don’t know that I see any of your issues as actual problems. The typical use should be to drop drones, assign to main, alt-tab back to main. Domi is an easy +500-700 dps that you hardly have to do anything to get. If you want to actively dual box both ships, then yea domi isn’t what you want.

for problem 1, the domi doesn’t have to lock anything other than the main if using remote assist mods. Need drone link augmentators to be able to hit at range though.

for problem 2, With max skills wardens hit 103km in EFT, and a few omnis boost that to over 130. That said I think Gardes and <60km combat should be the main focus, I want to fit omnis to extend garde range more than anything else.

A large cap battery and a cap recharger gets it cap stable with one large rep, can add some cap rigs to get even more. The extra cap is useful to turn on a cap transfer or remote rep for a few cycles. Heck if you aren’t taking damage you can just run the cap transfer or remote rep instead of the local rep.

Using 2 ships you should have plenty of tank and dps to just face tank whatever. sure a cruiser can speed/sig tank more, but so what?

navy scorp or rattler, then you have to alt-tab back to turn on launchers every time something dies, also rattler has shorter range drones than the domi. Although the rattler can use auto-targeting missiles.

I found that 3x RHML Barghests were the ideal setup. You spend far too much time reloading with just a pair and more than three drastically reduces your ISK/hour rate across multiple characters.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.