Need help with fit

Hi guys

i’m trying to make a barghest / rattlesnake fit to fit my needs and have come up with the following it is working but was wondering can it be improved and if so what would you do to it to make to better whether shield tank or dps or cap stable. also what implants would you go with it.

There are alot of variants out there but I just cant seem to find anything that suits me its always been a mix and match of this and that . I have mostly been a fan of cruise missiles long range but as i am getting confident i prefer the taking damage and brawling hence I am using the RHML. I would like something with dps some cap doesn’t have to be stable a little range as with the current setup and nice repair. I hope that’s not asking for too much in this fit from this ship. Also I’m sure its a trash blinged out build that’s badly optimised and all the other criticisms that comes with it and I openly accept that, Would really appreciate advice on the build please. its as follows. Also please what implants would you throw in there from 1 to 10.

[Barghest, I have Issues RHML]
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Ballistic Control System II
Damage Control II

Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Dread Guristas Shield Boost Amplifier
Missile Guidance Computer II
Missile Guidance Computer II
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger
Gist B-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large EM Shield Reinforcer I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Inferno Fury Cruise Missile x1500
Scourge Fury Heavy Missile x1503
Mjolnir Fury Heavy Missile x1500
Inferno Fury Heavy Missile x1500
Missile Precision Script x2

Kind regards
Jiggzy

hmm. I don’t like to use locked rigs, cause most of the time they are useles.

cap recharger should be worse than a RF LCB ? not sure.

you need faction missiles as furry will have a hard time hititing even BS in some cases. With your MGC you should have good application, but below BC still not very good.

the MGE are mostly meh since they are stacking penalized by the MGC. personnally I like fitting a nanofiber. Or two, depends.

The second MGc is not as good as a painter since you have MGE. Personally I’d fit 1MGC, 1 MGE, 1 painter.

The issue with RHML is the reload. It’s very boring. I’d rather go torps, with navy you have good range(should be 60km? same as RHML) and will have more DPS. I’d go with a pith XLSB though, and gist invul instead of SBA. also rigor rig.

2 Likes

Thank you @Anderson_Geten much appreciated, I will give that a try and report back.

Kind regards
Jiggzy

also, OP, you should tell us what you plan to do with this fit? missions? ded sites? etc

2 Likes

Hi

Sorry I missed the important info out…it will be mostly lvl 4s and once a little more confident venture out to worm holes and everything else I can…a kinda a go to fit if that exists. Survival and DPS.

Personally I use barghest with RHML but it’s really for hit and run tactics, where I use less than a clip to complete my target. On those fits I go with passive buffer shield and align/warp/target speed bonus. Typically, L3s, and a few L4s that can be done that way. Otherwise I’d go with kronos, mach, golem, depending on the mission. Paladin is actually better than kronos due to long range on short range turrets.

1 Like

I’d say go torps, seems like they got buffed to the point RHML are near obsolete for missions.

and I’d guess putting a multispectrum hardener would be more overall tank than the boost amp but I cba to pyfa it.

2 Likes

Update

By following advice from @Anderson_Geten I was able to up the range to near 75+km for those torpedos just by upping my miss bombardment and miss projection from IV to V and some implants.

thank you so much, running some tests and adjusting accordingly.

Regards
Jiggzy

MWD is eating a lot of your cap even when not used. Try afterburner instead

1 Like

threw a 100mn afterburner in there which helped cap quite a bit. I I was going to try this fit on a rattlesnake but i found out its a bad idea no bonuses or range :frowning:

Regards
Jiggzy

a b-type mwd is only -5% cap or so, I find the huge buff to speed should be far more valuable, and I mostly just run faction MWDs which are -10%

2 Likes

Tastes vary here but…when I ran rapids rattlesnake they were mainly BC and below killers. They fly into range to be shot by missiles.

Freed up putting out smaller drones to just put Sentries out to kill BS’. When small stuff dropped I’d hit whatever BS’ in range or move to in range.

Mission depending…the small stuff would rush to orbit ranges and tracking an issue unless fit for it.

Outside that range…you’d have sentries blap them in the say 50 Km straight line they were in.

Hi Guys

An update been playing around with various ships and setups and i have come down to torpedo’s as my go to…I have not played with heavy missile I guess their dps will be too low…cruise missiles nice range but again dps low not sure if any modules can be used or scripts to bring their radius down and increase dps…RHML reloading is like watching paint dry. Torpedoes nice dps nice reload and nice range with a range script and a MGE…now my question is

faction torpedo’s for range with range script

or

rage torpedo’s with precision script

Faction increases range but dps is lower normal rage torpedo’s low range but higher dps and higher higher explosion radius which in turn out puts less dps than the faction ?? or am i missing something here?

Can someone suggest some cocktail to try for range and dps with out compromise?

Regards
Jiggzy

use faction most of the time.
Unless you are shooting BS, they are painted, and you have MGC/rigor/MGE . Basically, rage apply less to BS than faction unless you have good application bonus.
Also faction go faster, so less overshot.

2 Likes

Thank you @Anderson_Geten a true asset to Eve community, appreciate the super quick response.

Regards
Jiggzy

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.