None Battleship Level 4 Mission Runner options?

So at some point I want to do Level 4 security missions in Hi Sec for building standings with diffrent corps. As a result I’m after something that well designed for blitzing through them, over collecting every piece of loot.

The thing is my other main activity is small ship pvp, so I’m not really inclinded to take a detour and train battleship 5 and a large gun system if I can avoid it.

So whats my best options?

Tech 3 cruisers, HACs, heck some battlecruisers with a blingy fit.

Anything with a large drone bay and sentry drones can run them, just slower than a t3 or marauder

So something like a Ishtar a good long term goal?

I find a Tengu does it well, little slower than some other options but very good, good damage application from Frigates to Battleships.

I’ve heard that a battlecruiser can do the job despite not having the tank

Tengu, if I just want to hit and run this does well.

if you just want standings can try blitzing lv3s. rail proteus with the warp speed sub is super fast. Ferox is about as good but a bit slower, and way cheaper.

Ishtar can run L4s, but it’s not good at blitzing, especially something like Dread Pirate Scarlet. It will also struggle in some of the storyline missions (e.g. Patient Zero).

Gila. Probably any HAC and drone boats (speed tank, best tank…)

Even drake, if you like to suffer.

Tengus work well, and have multiple fits which work well.

Ishtars are okay, but a little low on DPS when they have good range and tank and a little squishy if shield fit to pull lots of DPS out of them.

Deimos is able to do them and is similar to a brawly HAC setup.

Command ships fit for DPS and tank are really nice if run well. they’re more on the tanky side with a bit lower DPS for most of them, but they still do it with only a few slots for tank.

1 Like

If you run burner missions, you can do them in the frigates and cruisers you like so much.

Tengu’s can run them pretty nicely, but if you want to run missions you don’t need a fully decked out, t2 gun fitted marauder that takes months to train into. A simple Raven with a t2 tank and meta-4 cruise launchers works just fine, just don’t expect to face tank ALLTHESTUFF because you simply can’t.

For blitzing, training into like a machariel with meta-4 guns should just be large guns and the battleship skills, which when trained to lvl4 should take no more then like 2 weeks? Because most of the support skills you will probably already have trained.

TL;DR: training for a blitzing mach takes you like 3 weeks to get any decent performance out of it, not a very large detour. If you haven’t spent all your free SP from the last weeks you can probably just inject it all.

Hit me up in game if you want more info!

1 Like

Tengus work well, and have multiple fits which work well.

Ishtars are okay, but a little low on DPS when they have good range and tank and a little squishy if shield fit to pull lots of DPS out of them.

Deimos is able to do them and is similar to a brawly HAC setup.

Command ships fit for DPS and tank are really nice if setup well.

I did all my level 2 security in a Navy Issue Raven cause #battleships
But it was kinda slow so the Level 3 ones I fitted a Passive shield tank Gila with drones+drones+drones.

Much quicker and the drones eat everything quick so you don’t waste a lot of missiles even. or time
I really like the Gila but good drone skills are required with it.

-Cobreean Lassk

Scorpion Navy issue is a hell of a ship for PVE lv4.
Tempest is much cheaper to start moving towards Mach and pretty fun ship for learning how to proper fly.
Much folks like Abaddon with T1 crystals, never run out of ammo and fun.

Plenty of BS options. It’s worth training BS if you want to do lv4 with ease.

I find the issue with using sub battleship classes in most cases is dps projection. Yeah you can fit a proteus to have the damage of a megathron but you pretty much need to be at point blank range. Your best options when going sub battleship are:

Beam fit Legion, single Web and two TC.

HAML fit Loki, dual Web and two GC, armour tank and immobility driver sub. I genuinely think this is superior to the tengu because of access to drones and greater versatility with the guidance computers and webs together.

HML tengu, mwd fit to keep range. Use minimal tank and cram in target painters.

Standard Gila

Ishtar

Eos

Shield fit myrmidon, use small blasters or autocannons to eliminate any frigates that get close.

The loki is probably the best option, but there is a reason people use battleships. You can get away with training it to 4. You don’t even need to train a battleship weapons class as you can just use rapid heavy missile launchers on a drone boat like armageddon or rattlesnake. The arbitrator or prophecy is a great option for level 1-3 though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.