HACs for level 4 missions

I really like HACs and would like to train for more of them. Are any of them decent for level 4 missions? I have and love an Ishtar. Are the Amarr or Minmatar HACs decent?

Ishtar is great for L3. L4 would be a challenge even for it, due to more dps coming towards it. While L3s are mostly cruiser/battle cruisers with an occasional battleship, L4s have missions where you can have 20 battleships on grid.

Best advice, is try it on SISI first.

1 Like

Ishtar used to be a popular choice for mission runners but it got nerfed several years ago and that made Gila a L4 swiss knife. Ishtar is still good choice for PvE, at least if NPCs are shooting Kinetic or Thermal, which is Ishtar naturally tanked against and if you’re moving to use advantage of HACs low sig.

As for Amarr and Minmatar HACs, I haven’t seen many mission runners using them, but Vagabond is supposedly popular for Abyssal PvE in electrical storms due to high natural EM resist.

1 Like

Long ago, I ran a level 5 missions in a Cerberus. Insane missile range and selectable damage while orbiting something more than 100km away.

Since medium railguns became useful, you can have it even tankier in an Eagle, but you lose speed for the sake of a little more tank.

If you like lazors instead, the Zealot can make a rainbow - up to 140 km long. If missiles aren’t your thing, but you really don’t like to fly shields, the Sacrilege is your ship.

Sadly the only Gallente boat would be the Ishtar as Luscius said earlier.

However, you are out of luck if you are really a fan of minmatar ships. Neither the vagabond, nor the other one, are good choices for level 4.
They are fine ships in pvp and other things, but autocannons are not very good at running missions.

It is not impossible but slow and costs a lot of ammo.

Take your pick and when your progress allows it, try them on the test server and form your own opinion of the 8 HACs.

Oh wait, I forgot the abomination, something triglavian with minmatar speed, Amarrian levels of armor tank and 2000+ dps with the murder-death-ray beam gun.

I use Cerberuses to run any of the regular, storyline or epic level 4 missions. Used Vagabonds before, they can easily do those, too.

I don’t see why an Ishtar wouldn’t be able to run them, or a Sacriledge, either.

1 Like

They’re not great but they work. If you want a more engaging experience than a battleship or marauder, HACs are good for level 4s. But that’s the only actual advantage.

[Ishtar, PVE]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Reactive Armor Hardener

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Drone Navigation Computer II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Ogre II x5
Bouncer II x5

Tracking Speed Script x1

200 EHP/s, 650 DPS, 1500 m/s, capstable with MWD off.

280M Jita SO.

[Ishtar, *DEFAULT RATTER]
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Assault Damage Control II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender

Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Explosive Shield Reinforcer II

Praetor II x11
Acolyte II x10
Hornet EC-300 x10

A vagabond can do Blood Raider Base, which is technically an L4 mission. :slight_smile: Let me know, as I have a fit that does it as fast as the Cerb XLASB fits you see floating around, but much safer (it’s point and click).

Garth

Thanks for your comments, folks. I should have made clear that I run level 4 missions with an Ishtar. I use a sentry setup, shown below:

[Ishtar, Simulated Ishtar Fitting]
EFFA Compact Assault Damage Control
Medium Armor Repairer II
Reactive Armor Hardener

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
AML Compact Omnidirectional Tracking Link
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Sensor Booster II

Auto Targeting System I
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Hobgoblin II x9
Warden II x7
Acolyte II x6
Curator II x5

Targeting Range Script x1
Optimal Range Script x1

I’ve decided to train into Vagabond and see how it does. Worst case, I will be able to fly a Vagabond for not-missions :).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.