[BosAc] Skarkon II SITREP

I think you’re getting ahead of yourself. You moved to reinforce the structure.

But enough about that. What I really find interesting is how quickly you cozy up to the Triglavian sympathizers who plunged Skarkon into liminality and murdered countless numbers of people in their invasion. It really makes all your complaining about Efrit’s handling of the system sound oh so hypocritical.

8 Likes

Mhmm. I expected as much. What an utterly predictable and tone deaf retort that sounds really snappy and clever until you, y’know, think about it any longer than two seconds.

It was Kril Efrit’s failures, including his policy of warclone exterminations and refusing to form a united front like we pleaded for multiple times that made Skarkon a Triglavian world. We’re just living in it. Yet unlike the previous administration and occupants, those that make their home here now have openly accepted us as comrades and gone out of their way to defend us for no other reason than accepting our existence. That’s a far cry from the constant hostility and lynchings we faced or the constant “outsiders!” squawking we were used to from the old order even as we scrambled to try to preserve it.

2 Likes

Translation : I set up in somebody else’s space, tried to force my ways on them and when they didn’t like it I sided with invaders who violently and forcefully took their space because they were nice to me.

From one outsider to another, go ■■■■ yourself.

6 Likes

Its oversimplifications and an utter unwillingness to show us the barest amount of respect, hear us out, or let us help you that caused this yet here you are doing the same schtick.

Fine. If you wouldn’t listen to us the last two years you aren’t going to listen to us now, so theres no point arguing it with you. Die mad.

2 Likes

You know, we’ve got a couple of Matari capsuleers who were born on Skarkon II. I’m curious, have you gotten their take on any of this… at any point in your campaign to establish yourselves there? I mean, sure, Kril Efrit and the entire Shakorite government constitute a corrupt bunch of bastards who seized power in part through a violent, bloody coup and murder-spree, but they’re our corrupt bunch of bastards.

So, you know, I’m just curious about whether or not a bunch of professionally violent outsiders actually had, at any point, any kind of popular imprimatur from the locals that you can point to as a way to say ‘we weren’t a bunch of invaders’. Because, you know, while I’ve made my opinion on your subsequent collaborator status clear, the whole question of “who the hell asked you to stick your nose in Matari affairs in the first place?” is still out there.

2 Likes

Ughhhhhh. Yeah. Yeah, we did.

We fleeted up with them during our first attempt at forming a ceasefire. You know, when we went out of our way to defend Skarkon the first time despite the active shoot on sight order against us? Good job sticking your entire foot in your mouth.

Literally the Thukker. And our own Minmatar comrades in our organization. But I’ve had this argument so many times with you pigheaded bastards I’m not going to spend any more time and effort explaining this. The time for that’s passed, and its when actually listening to us could have prevented all of this. Now though? I’ll say again–

1 Like

Right, because asking a question is putting my foot in my mouth. It wasn’t a trap. It wasn’t a ‘gotcha’. It was a question. You answered. You could’ve left it at that, and acted like a reasonable human being. But you didn’t. Instead, you decided to be a shitstain about it. Good job demonstrating why people aren’t so eager to support you these days.

Also, just as an aside? That ‘fleeting up way back when’ thing is months after you were meddling in local affairs. The question was about your initial entry into Skarkon and meddling in local politics. But, like I said, gotta be a shitstain.

1 Like

Considering that even when he was reasonable, he continually got crapped on, even while providing corroborative evidence for why he was there and legitimately involved. Can’t really blame him for a particularly visceral reaction.

2 Likes

That just demonstrates why he shouldn’t be a public-facing representative of his organization. Visceral reactions are pretty much handing your enemies free PR to use against you. Kinda like why I’m not a diplo. :wink:

He answered that question of who invited us in. Literally the Thukker

1 Like

Yup. Which, you’ll note, I fully acknowledge. But then he proceeded to be a dick about things, and act like just asking the question was somehow a trap. It wasn’t. It was a question. Trying to deflect from that by pointing out things that have already been agreed upon doesn’t help. It just highlights the fact that you’re deflecting. Especially when you need three of you to do it.

1 Like

Tell me; which tribe owns Molden Heath?

Molden Heath is, supposedly, ‘a region for all the tribes,’ therein, the Thukker tribe has generally been the most active in taking advantage of that from my limited observations, until recently.

2 Likes

… I did not, in fact, ask because I was unaware of the Heath’s status as common lands.

But thanks for sharing with the study group.

1 Like

It was in response to the question to put it out there for others that may not have been aware, instead of being a rhetorical bitch.

1 Like

Ah so you’re just asking to be a “shitstain” then. Cool.

Also, without taking any credit away from the pilots that actually did the leg work and were willing to show up to support us, I’d argue our coalition last night turning out to defend us and being able to bring together UWU and Stribog (two historically rival clades) is proof enough of my skills as a diplomat when I’m actually able to talk rationally with people that aren’t ■■■■■■■ awful and squawk over pedantic tribal law or our status as “outsiders” again and again and again.

Collaborators gonna collaborate I guess…

3 Likes

Galm, I’d advise, as a friend, taking a step back.

Tribal law is still the law of the land in Matari space. It is overly specific and at the same time overly vague, filled with loopholes, weighted with traditions and formalities.

It IS FRUSTRATING… but frankly no more frustrating than the political systems of my own home. Navigating The political systems and legalities therein is just as important as pushing through toward final objectives.

1 Like

Well then. It seems our dear friend Efrit got another ‘promotion’.

That in mind, knowing more about the situation groundside with some millions of civilians still trapped, I will be restarting evacuations, even with Svarog activities, and Efrit remaining at large groundside I’ll take the risks.

1 Like