7 Days Ago

This is Ministries Pellion, for the independent press organization, I Reject Your Reality, reporting live from Nidupad.

Earlier today, forces from the Central Cluster’s Spectrum Alliance assaulted and destroyed the mining infrastructure of The Imperial Union, another Central Cluster alliance.

Six structures were assaulted and destroyed in the Nidupad system over a number of hours, resulting in the loss of billions of isk, jobs, and loss of life, for non-capsuleers, working aboard these mining platforms. (Independent verification can be found on the popular Central Cluster news site ZKill, check Nidupad.)

Local intel remained quiet as to the source of the conflict between these two groups. It was noted the initial perpetrators were drawn from three corporations within the Spectrum Alliance’s organization. Those corps were Khardula Ventures, Loot Fairy Repossessions and An Interesting Corp. Perhaps this was some local squabble between the groups; however, it is rare to see such carnage, in such a short time period, within a single system within the Central Cluster.

No members of The Imperial Union were present during the initial assault to ask as to the origins of this fight, and this reporter, fearing for her safety, declined to speak directly with the members of the offensive force as one member was, in fact, a known ganksta. The increasing use of “gankstas” to enforce a code of behavior is becoming common in the Central Cluster. Local outcries, over this tactic, have gone unanswered by Concord highups, though I do want to note the enforcement division still exacts retribution in accordance with the law, in regard to illegal aggression. Still, the common capsuleer plagued by this lawless behavior must take steps to ensure their own personal safety (and the safety of friends and loved ones) among the stars, which has led to the question, now common in many quarters…why have Concord at all?

This is Ministries Pellion, live from Nidupad, on Satuday Night.

4 Likes

Outside of the independent sources you’ve seen, have any of the pilots involved in the skirmish stepped forward to confirm it or state any particular reason they engaged this way? This sounds a little more involved than just a skirmish.

1 Like

We will continue to burn the symbol of our prophet into the heavens, those who stand against the wishes of our Great One will fall. All is not safe from his wrath.

3 Likes

i find that offensive, im not a ganksta, im a mega boss gangsta

All hail The Great One!

1 Like

hrmm yeah I could be a ganksta

1 Like

The hell is ‘the Central Cluster’?

1 Like

*stocks up on heavenly socks

Suddenly a laser point apears on the studio window catching everyones attention moving in a fluid motion. In a moment it becomes clear that that dot of light is forming a patern, which can only be interpreted as… “Praise The Great One”. A few heart-stopping moments later, laser disappears as suddenly as it appeared and with an unearthly voice coming from all the speakers across the building saying “Praise Him or perish in the in the Abyssal flames of his wrath” is heard across the building.

1 Like

I thought that meant “high-sec space”?

Though that does not match calling Zkill “central cluster news feed”, so maybe I am wrong.

1 Like

Ignus Impuri! The wrath of the Great One burns bright across the cluster and those that would transgress against him and his Word will watch their ships and structures become nothing more than interstellar dust!

2 Likes

Is this CODE attempting to be relevant again? This feels like CODE attempting to be relevant again.

4 Likes

Does it matter? We live in lowsec…

:wink:

1 Like

James has extended his blessing to all miners, regardless of where they may reside.

How nice, I’ll be mining in my thrasher.

1 Like

It can fit so many mining lasers…

2 Likes

Years and years ago, I used to mine with an Omen.

I’m sure even today with new, accessible ships like the Venture, that there’s a Thrasher mining somewhere.

2 Likes

Oh. My. God. I did this. I might have even mined with a Thrasher. I know I mined with a Bestower.

The Venture is probably a little too good, for some value of too good.

It isn’t the best ship, though. The Harbinger is the best. I am fairly confident that despite my unworthy operation of Harbingers, I never made any of them mine.

1 Like

Clearly, the best ship for mining is a mining capital ship.

You know, the Veldnought.

3 Likes

In the last few years I’ve done it a few times, also roam around salvaging in slashers, trying to simply evade people out of boredom. That was more for the trying to evade enemy fleets than anything else.