Bounty overhaul and warrant idea!

It should be expensive to put warrants on people. Like it should be based on target’s security status, standings to empires and maybe some other stuff.
For example a person with -4.9 sec status warrant should be really cheap because he is almost illegal in all of the HS. On the other hand lets say a person with 5.0 sec status and 8.0 standings with Amarr and Caldari. If you want to put a warrant on him which would be valid in said empire space it should be pretty expensive in fees for you. In Gallente/Minmatar space it should be a little cheaper as target don’t have standings there.

Now for the bounty hunter it should be some cost on activating this warrant. Instead of putting suspect timer on the prey like in kill rights it should make a limited engagement instead. And to prevent overblobing attacker should pay some isk or loss some standings or something upfront when activating warrant. Oh, and you should definitely suffer a penalty if you activated warrant and failed to fulfill it.

Now on the ‘frozen corpse’ part. Its really hard to pod someone who doesn’t want to be podded especially in HS where smartbombs can get you concorded and you don’t have any interdiction bubbles. So i think ship destruction will suffice for warrant fulfillment.

bounties as it takes players isk, warrents should be the same way and not given by an agent. but also what requirements would be for a warrant? can they be put on anyone? if so than you just opened a whole can of worms to kill anyone anywhere, and region shouldn’t matter, otherwise youll have a bunch of people fleeing outside of the region when a warrant is active.
they should come from an agent but like the bounty board is now, if an agent is going to pay me than ill get an alt to get a warrant and kill the alt and collect the isk.

Doesn’t matter, High Sec is the only use-case that actually matters here because anyone in Low or Null can already be targeted and blown up with little to nothing in the way of repercussions no matter what they’re flying or whether or not they have a bounty on them.

If I know someone mainly flies in Low or Null and I want them dead I can find someone and pay them based on kill mail value without getting game mechanics involved at all.

Statistically speaking it means that more often than not you’re going to be stuck with a bounty you can’t act on, which makes the system a tool for trolls, farmers, and not much else.

Generally CCP marks activity as having logged in inside the last month. Even using this you’re still looking at more accounts that you can’t kill than those you can.

Random assignment of bounties basically means you’re rarely going to actually get to use the system.

It’s not, it’s a massive flaw in the whole “lets randomly assign bounties to prevent abuse of an improved bounty system” idea.

When a huge chunk of possible targets never undock, never leave their fairly protected Null Sec home, or never log in during your play time then what you’ve basically created is an extremely badly implemented game of Assassins.

Like I said, this whole discussion has been done before and will likely be done again.

The closest I’ve seen to a workable bounty improvement does absolutely nothing with CONCORD, it just lets you setup a contract for a kill on a player with some ship-value and payout restrictions. Making bounties a way around CONCORD just does not work.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.