Bringing Battleships Back

Well in that case, anything can be hot dropped by caps so why then, fly ANYTHING? omg…

You mean besides cost???

But in fact you are right, it is not just sub-cap ships PvP in general takes a hit.

For a new player the difference between a frigate a cap is huge but yet in low that is exactly the place new players should be learning to PvP and that is the meta.

Removing caps from empire space would make battleships the meta.

I agree with this, especially because based on what I have seen (and built) so far, about half of the cruisers are flying around with large armor plates and shield extenders.
For the sake of an example, T1 battleships could get 100% bonus, 125% for the navy versions, 150% for marauders, and maybe 75% for the black-ops. The pirate ships would get their bonus on a case by case basis, with 0% for the Machariel because it already seem to be dominating the battleship meta.

Especially extenders. 1600mm plates are quite fine, but large shield extenders are cruiser sized.

This is true for shield battleships, but for armor ones they really have much more ehp than battlecruisers.

Cruisers don’t fly around with 1600mm plates unless specifically fit for brick tanking. Even battlecruisers fit at most 1 such plate - assuming they got fitting room for it. T1 Armor battleships reach 110K ehp easily, with possibility of reaching 200K+ if so desired. The only t1 battlecruiser that I can think of that crosses 100K ehp is prophecy… and even then it is almost exclusively brick tanked.

So X-large plates and extenders? I can get behind that. Lots of other possibilities on other ship fits too.

I already made a proposal one year ago…

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/xlse-extra-large-shield-extender/54924/36

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.