Brisc Rubal 2020 - Tanned, Rested and Ready for CSM 15

Now xeux need to live with that hahah

1 Like

I am sure I will live just fine.

1 Like

You’re one of the few CSMs who took all the heat and anguish from the players here on the forums and stayed in constant contact, where the NDA would allow. I would have voted if you ran for 14, but I will vote for you, as well as Mike for CSM 15.

7 Likes

Very good example, how you are used to twist things, I never said that you don’t care about the game, you certainly care. You care about your and your groups game, just not so much about others’ if it doesn’t fit in your narrative.

Seriously, Tipa. You’ve known me for more than three years now. I have gone out of my way to represent playstyles not my own. You know this. I don’t know why you can’t just say you disagree with my perspective, rather than have to make crap up.

3 Likes

Because it’s not only about your and my opinion about topics, we also agree sometimes, but the way you present yourself as a candidate who cares about the whole game not only about that of your “tribe”. In reality you never leave your role. A wasted seat in the CSM in my opinion.

I will not be able to convince Imperium folks to not vote you in … lol … but I will continue pointing out any IMO wrong turn I see you participating in.

I have no idea what this even means.

1 Like

you supported interceptor losing nullification , to keep null sec krabbers safer .
and you push for the remaining 4 inty also to be nerfed .
the ecm nerf , widely hated by nearly all players … a whole class of ships tossed into the shitter and ccp won’t be looking at ecm again for a long time . a huge opportunity lost . but your carrier pilots love it …
you represent those that elect you , null sec . to say otherwise is a lie .
ps you call yourself a politician but you’ve never been elected to any public office … you’re just another arrogant union rep playing both sides of the fence …

2 Likes

This is false - he was elected to the CSM, right?

1 Like

I have a STARK feeling I will vote for someone else

I wouldn’t put this “election” in a RL resume if I want to be treated seriously by people having a clue.

I supported combat interceptors losing nullification because there should be no ship in EVE that is so safe that it can align, insta-warp and be bubble immune and still combat capable. Has nothing to do with protecting nullsec crabbers. I have gone out of my way to push for major changes to the supercap meta to make it harder for those ships to survive and for them to be less oppressive to sub caps.

The only people still crying about the ECM nerf are the guys who used to triple box random gate camps in lowsec and pick off people who couldn’t fight back. It has been so non-controversial, this is the first time I’ve heard someone complaining about it in two years.

Since you haven’t mastered the art of capitalization, I know this point may be beyond you, but there are plenty of politicians who have never held elected office. I held two political appointments, once made by the President of the United States and one by the circuit court in the county I live in. Andrew Yang, many sitting cabinet secretaries - all politicians who have never held elected office.

But let’s leave real life out of this.

You don’t seem like you even play the game anymore, so I’m not sure why you’re here.

2 Likes

You should read the war dec plank on my website.

The only good point on that list that can not be summarized by “let’s make it even more boring” is “Talk to the War Dec Community”, which they will hardly ever do.

Also the line “The changes to War Decs that were designed and implemented after CSM 13 are some of the top changes to the game made by CCP as a result of CSM feedback.” is a pretty nice joke, since it had zero observable effects. The sentence could still be right though and just mean that all the other feedback made the game even worse.

As for your cute ideas for game changes. You are not a game designer nor should you try to be one as a CSM. Your function is to give CCP feedback on their idiotic stuff they try to do with the game before it hits the servers, which you failed to do repeatedly from what I saw.

I also don’t see why you even think about commenting on wardecs or come up with your own ideas about them. That’s not your place, you have no experience or even interest in this game mechanic, so the decent thing would be to do what a CSM should actually do and forward the feedback from the parts of the community that have the knowledge without applying your own spin on it. Or if not interested, just don’t comment on it.

I have a STARK feeling I just wasted 10min of my life.

This is what you guys asked for. Faylee made a major point of complaining that he didn’t feel like that community was being communicated with, so that’s an ask I’m making on your behalf.

All you need to do is watch the Meta Show when CCP Burger and CCP Goodfella were on. They made it clear that all of the changes made to the NPE, including the war dec changes, have had a massive impact on player retention. There’s no way to separate out everything that they did, but on the whole, the impact has been positive. The war dec changes were the first major change made to that mechanic in years, and it took seven plus months of development to get done. You may not have liked it, but most of the folks playing the game have.

I’m well aware. All of those ideas are taking points, not game design. That’s why it says things like “CCP should explore.” I do appreciate someone who has never been on the CSM informing me what the job is, though. Very helpful.

To say I have no experience with war decs is absurd. Everybody who has spent five minutes in a major nullsec alliance has been sitting in constant war decs for as long as he’s played the game. But, regardless, CSM represents all players and has a duty to do what’s in the best interests of the game, and that’s what I did - you didn’t need to be an expert in war decs to see the data and recognize that the old system was having a detrimental impact on player retention and needed to be fixed.

I have a stark feeling now that you’re not going to find any candidates running who want to go back to the old system. At best, you’ve got one - me - who is willing to listen to you guys and pass your concerns on. Nobody else is going to care.

1 Like

IIRC the main issue they communicated and deemed “broken” was the 5 big blocks of mass-wardeck alliances that where responsible for the majority of wardecs. How has that in any way improved? It got even worse now with everyone merging into even bigger blocks.

As for the “retention” issue, this was about corps that dissolve when wardeced, manly because everyone just hops to another corp or uses the non-exploit of corp recycling. Has that been fixed? Kinda, but in a pretty stupid way that could have been solved without crippling the rest of the wardec system even more.

I must say it’s almost tragic it took this long to get such a cheap band-aid “developed”.

No one wants to go back to the old system. Pretty much everyone hated it me included. What we would have liked is an actual overhaul of wardecs (and related mechanics, like watchlist, locators, etc) and not just the lazy band-aid they applied. There where many ideas around, still are, but non of this approaches has ever even be discussed from what I have seen. I don’t believe for a second that CCP will revisit this now as they somehow think they “fixed” it.

If you say you push for an actual overhaul I may even vote for you. I don’t even care how that looks as long as it is an actual effort to build a system that is true to the unique gameplay highsec offers and not just another instance of nullsec blob warfare.

That’s not why they did it. They highlighted the fact that 5 groups were responsible for most war decs, but the primary motivation behind the changes was and always has been that they were driving players out of the game.

Take that up with CCP. The war dec mechanic was a very old one, and I’m sure it wasn’t easy to disentangle.

I pushed for changes to locator agents and a variety of other things that the guys in the War Dec project asked for.

If that’s what you guys want, I’m happy to push for that on your behalf. Like I said, adding the stuff in there about communication was designed to get that process started, since it’s clear there’s a dedicated part of the community who wants to engage in that game play and still has issues with the system.

2 Likes

Can you confirm that Russia pays all its Washington operatives briscly, in rubles?

2 Likes

Not as briskly as they used to, lol.

Times are tough all over.

m

3 Likes