Brutix lvl 4 viable mission runner

In summery, if you want to do missions in a Brutix, you can.

Don’t let anyone tell you anything else. I did some level 4 missions in a Harpy when I trained hybrid turrets and I had a blast.

Back in the day when I had to recover from another Raven loss, I ran level 4 missions in my beloved heavy missile Ferox.
In 2006 and 2007 the Ferox used to have 5 un-bonused launcher hard points and since I didn’t have any viable turret skills as a freshling noob, I put heavy missile launchers on a Ferox.
Yes it worked, I had a blast and could recover those losses in no time.

This new age hipster efficiency obsession of some lead to a bad EVE and made people feel bad about themselves if you didn’t do it.
Not everyone did but the “public perception” was that “everyone” would have the same amounts of money per time, so in their infinite wisdom, someone had the idea to make everything cost 4 times of what they did cost.
So with the “more money” you don’t have you can now by less that ever before.

If only someone would have seen this coming… - oh wait, I did.

How comes for you looking for an efficient way to do things is hipster ?
PLUS, OP asked for efficiency, and now you tell him he is a hipster.

Just because you suck, does not mean other people are hipsters.

I totally agree that efficiency is not mandatory.
But when we talk about efficiency, you keep your insults for yourself.

That’s an efficient way to lose the standings you worked painfully to get to level 4 missions… lol

Ad-hominem much?

adequate answer to “hipster”.

Are you talking about rigorous post-experience data analysis ? Because I am. And in my experience, the “efficient way to lose the standings” is not one.

Missions in any hub can be up to 4 systems away.
Refusing 1 mission per day doesn’t hurt your standings. Refusing burner missions doesn’t either.

Refusing normal missions does…

Besides, if you play for isk, you’re doing it wrong :joy:

define “hurt your standing” then.

I refuse missions all the time and I don’t feel hurt when standing.

2 Likes

You know what I meant.
Stop acting like an idiot…

Inb4 personal attack and sea of tears

No I don’t. And if you can’t explain what you actually mean, neither do you. Or maybe you are an idiot, I don’t know.

Let’s take an example :
I do mission in null. L3 security. Just for testing purpose, not for money.
I can afford to skip all the missions that are out of system and still am able to take missions from my agent. If I go very close to the limit, then I wait 4+H (a day). I did it ONCE over a hundred mission - and actually I was not that close to 3, I think I could have refused more missions.
And here I am talking about refusing the missions out of system, not “in LS”.
I definitely have no idea what you mean by “hurt your standing”.

BTW

more than that.

First off
We’re talking about level 4s
Not level 3s

Nope
Missions are maximum 4 jumps away.
I think I know… lol

And if you don’t know what a standings hit is, Aura save you for you’re full of ignorance :joy:

yes we also are. And it’s an example, yet your provide nothing.

So I guess you are just trolling again with no argument whatsoever.

if you are not able to define an ambiguous term, don’t use it - you are too stupid to use it correctly.

Can you stop with the ad-hominem attacks all the time?

Jfc

Before all the drops got nerfed, you would occasionally get faction drops in L3s. Now you don’t. Also, there was a ton more of junk loot while there was no 50% reprocessing penalty at the NPC stations.

This combination enabled a lot more total income then you get now, really a lot more. few years ago all that stuff got nerfed though, the 50% reprocessing limit got implimented, and now recently loot drops got nerfed even more.

L3 security missions are now good to do for people / characters that are waiting on their skills to train to get into a more capable ship / fit.

if you are just purely faction grinding, do mostly distribution missions with only some security mixed in. The income from distribution missions is almost non existant, its super low, but the time necessary to grind up a faction is reduced by a factor of 5-10 times depending which faction / agents and how how many average jumps to the cargo drop point of an average distribution mission.

adequate answer to

Don’t complain to reap what you sow. I was totally correct with you until you started calling me name. Don’t complain that I do the same after that.

Next time stick to detailing what you mean when I ask about the terms you use instead of calling me an idiot.

lets just say it’s an old obsession, game walkthroughs have been a thing for decades. Efficient grinding in mmo’s was a natural extension of that. There’s a lot of people out there that want to minimize the parts of games they find “boring” so they can get to the parts they consider fun. Maxing isk/hr has been a thing for as long as I’ve been playing eve. There are people that don’t want to pve, they want to pvp, so they make some isk and go blow it up and only pve again when they need the money.

If you just want to dilly dally and/or figure things out yourself feel free, but don’t get upset when you go to the forums and people talk about figuring out better ways to do things. If you just want to have fun your way go have fun your way and ignore what people say.

it’s a 4 hour cool down, not 1 day.

and anyways declining missions after that gives such a small standings hit it’s often worth it to cherry pick the best missions. I have high faction standings that gives me a ton of buffer standing to decline pretty much anything I don’t want to do. I use the mechanics to run almost nothing but burner missions. The only time you don’t want to refuse a mission and take the penalty is when grinding standings (and even there I’ll do it from time to time)

you are straight up wrong on that one. I think the most I’ve seen is 7.

From what I remember that was all pure blitzing and no looting, aside from maybe the skillbook mission. Although for how often you get it, well shouldn’t make a big difference. The faction stuff got nerfed out of lv3/4s ages ago.

I did missions during about 8 months when I started, i never got further than 4
I did some like 2 weeks ago and nothing further than 4 jumps…

Lol

And I did missions for 1h and got one 6 jumps away.

Just because YOU never had one does not mean there can’t be one.

Dom’s discourse make no sense. It’s like talking to a child that has never seen the world and say “but my parents/friends/town/country are the best”. It’s cute, but really out of the discussion.

BTW I asked you one question , to which you answered by insults and not a correct answer. Are you trying to participate in a discussion after that ?

Sure, whatever…

None of your post here had brought anything to the topic. Again, just a waste of time.

Well, actually it helped show OP to not trust anyone on the forum, as there are retard like you who have no clue and yet claim random things.

mission spawns are based on the constellation so typically you won’t have to go more than 4 jumps. I haven’t missioned in every constellation but there are some where I would expect an occasional mission more than 4 jumps away. Then some missions can spawn in neighboring constellations and there it’s common to see 5-7 jumps.

Of course you could go to lanngisi and not get a mission more than 2 jumps away for 100s of missions.

I do but everyone made sure that I can’t, so I don’t.

Really? I would have never guessed that one. Turns out you need 6000 sooper dooper dooper accounts to do the hipster new age capital online and isk laundering thing.

1 Like

Stop being paranoid. Nobody cares about what you do.
They only care about killing you.