Brutix lvl 4 viable mission runner

Unwilling to go for a BS, I patched up this Brutix to run some lvl4 missions from time to time.

for now it does pretty well for a BC:
651 dps with guns, + 79 (102.5) dps from the drones in mid- and close range.
with up to 60km effective distance and 1192 m/s speed with MWD on.
gives some choice wether to go close, mid or long range
cap unstable with rep on, but stuff rarely hits it anyways.

Would welcome any advice on what could be improved here or any possible pitfalls warnings.
<>

[Brutix, Brutix l4 Sniper]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Reactor Control Unit II

Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

250mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge M
Salvager I

Medium Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Hammerhead II x2
Hobgoblin II x3

Thank you

It will be ok until you get tracking disrupt, sensor jammed, or ewar by the NPC’s so know your enemy and fit accordingly to the nerf they throw at you.

That is usually fine with all the regular mission but burners.

Battlecruisers may take a little longer than battleships but you should be fine in most cases.

Railguns are fine if you like distance fighting. Whatever you do, you should not fit a cap booster on your ship for pve in regular level 4 missions.
Try a large compact battery and turn the mwd off in the simulator to see if your cap is fine with that.
You may need to change one or two rigs for capacitor regeneration and you may need to “gun down” to 200mm railguns but you should still be fine.
The mwd is a different story. Depending on the mission, keeping your distance can only be achieved with a mwd but if it is a mission like “Vengeance” or “Recon 1 and 2 of 3” you should consider an afterburner.
Whatever you decide, don’t keep the mwd on all the time, your capacitor will thank you at a later time.

1 Like

I assume you are going to run missions in Gallente space.

Pitfalls therefore will be:

Most important: Your bad fitting skills. You can get a lot more powergrid with better skills and therefore more room for actually useful modules/rigs.

Heavy dampening from Seprentis ships of all sizes, below 10 km with your current fit.

You will encounter Angel Faction, which features fairly fast ships that could swarm you easily and hit you with explosive damage that is a bit harder to tank against for armour tanked ships and your tanking ability is already fairly low.

Sansha with good range and tracking disruptors may be somewhat annoying. there is also a mission called Downing the Slavers that will warp you into some heavy fire and a stasis tower AND some webbing/disrupting frigates that could turn out to be too much for your tank.

Therefore, from my point of view, you need a bit more targeting range, a more practical drone selection and a bit more tank(which is not exactly easy, but you can sacrifice 1 MSF for another repper or hardener for specific missions like the one I mentioned).

[Brutix, Brutix l4 Sniper copy]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Centum C-Type Energized Kinetic Membrane
Centum C-Type Energized Thermal Membrane

Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 800

[Empty High slot]

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Ionic Field Projector I
Medium Ionic Field Projector I

Hornet II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Salvage Drone I x5

With full Alpha skills this will need 1% powergid implant, otherwise you should train the corresponding skills to the extent that it will fit without it.
Salvage drones are definitely worth training for IMO, in case of Omega account, and you should definitely use them as soon as all frigs are dead. You will quickly notice why. Otherwise just fit 5 meds, 5 lights. Navy variants are beefier and track better, but deal a bit less damage.

2 Likes

For missions where tanking is tricky, since the fit is intended to snipe more than brawl, a MJD might be a better investment than a MWD: Jump in a way that your next jump can take you to the next gate, nicely split the enemies by speed ( = ship sizes), blap frigates and maybe destroyers since you have no tracking issue, and resolves many a tank issues by being able to GTFO even when warp disrupted.

Damping could be an issue though… so fit according to what you expect to encounter.

If you are not that poor, you can try to use anomaly runner for some L4 missions:
[Brutix Navy Issue, mission runner]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Damage Control II

Medium Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800

[Empty High slot]

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Hobgoblin II x5
Hammerhead II x5

You get better tracking , no problem with power grid even with alpha clone and, what is more important, huge buffer tank. Which gives you more room for mistakes. Active tank still able to rep almost 250 DPS cold. But you always can overheat hardeners, unlike membranas.
I am not sure you really need more targeting range, than 81 km (spike does meh DPS), but if you do - feel free to replace one pump with ionic field projector.
That ship was designed to serve in anomalies, which gates do not let battleship sized ships in. I am sure it will works better than suggested ordinary Brutix, but at the double cost.

2 Likes

eliatwi, replacing cap booster for cap battery is indeed a better choice.

Most important: Your bad fitting skills. You can get a lot more powergrid with better skills and therefore more room for actually useful modules/rigs.

Inir Ishtori, Thank you for it. With 3.2min SP in engeneering I completely missed on rigging - so finally found now what’s pulling me down on fitting.

erg cz, yep, Brutix Navy Issue is a natural next choice, would later change for it for sure.

A bit out of main topic here, but just out of curiosity, if you are not willing to go with a BS why go for a BC instead of a Cruiser ? Cruisers do much better then Battlecruisers IMHO. I just finished runnign a whole bunch of L4s in a Cynabal and Gila. Cynabal for the fast ones with not many targets, Gila for the big ones. I’ve done many in Tengu and Loki as well, its super easy but they use too much ammo IMHO.

I think the only exception maybe the Sleipnir, but that’s a command ship not a battlecruiser, though battlecruiser hull. The Sleipnir is a very strong ship in many regards.

1 Like

And only costs more than twice as much as a Raven would. All other command ships are much bad mkay.

Just sayin mate, it only costs much to you now, but you will progress. Like I said, I have been down your path so I am very familiar with Brutix and how it goes in missions.

Brutix has a large sig, so so tank, it takes full damage from L4 battleships because of that sig, ton top of that, you’ll actually be taking even more cause of the MWD. This is why cruisers are better then battlecruisers, cause they don’t take that kinda damage.

IMHO best use for a Brutix is as a PvP brawler blaster boat, not so good at PvE.

Also, flying Brutix you will find yourself sniping using the dinky ammo types for rails, a lot. if you don’t snipe you’ll have to warp out a lot, if you were to at least put an MJD on it, it will be a bit better.

But back to Brutix sniping, its a gigantic loss of time because it does so much less DPS. This is so huge that it will literally take you 2-4 times as long to do some missions as it does normally. They are doable, you will finish them, but for the time spent, you’ll have even less ISK.

So the way it all works out, if you are that short on ISK etc. and jsut starting to get into it, why not just crank and blitz L3s instead until you have the ISK for a nice ship. L3s can get you around 30 mil per hour if done right. 20 if you take it real easy and take a lot of breaks. In contrast, if you go to L4 and lose your ship, or take 2-4 hours to finish one of the big ones … then that won’t work out very well.

1 Like

chose Brutix for a couple of reasons:

1. skills: got med hybryd + med railguns both at five, while launchers and projectiles both at zero. BC at 5 as well, while Caldary ships at zero. Shields - close to none. So it’s ~2 weeks training till i could’ve properly fit Gila.
  2. price - the ship with its fit cost somewhat 60-70 mils and fully payed for itself in ~3 hours - that’s plenty affordable and replaceable.
    For the cruisers - I can fly a Proteus, but can’t afford one atm and it doesn’t seem like something a returning newp should take for a low-sec l4’s. So i’m training for Deimos, while farming for a Brutix Navy Issue.

At my current pace, with this ship, feels like lvl 4’s bring slightly more isk than lvl 3’s. Yet, i’d rather check it. thx.

only if you can do them correctly. Like @Fluffy_Moe said, you won’t in a brutix.

However

only against torpedoes or when still and mwd active(which is a bad idea). Otherwise, compared to no propomod, the mwd does not increase the damage you take.

Stop forcing your efficiency obsession on everyone else.

2 Likes

Jee calm down…

Interesting choice
Have you looked into the myrmidon? Or alternatively a Vexor Navy

I know the pain of drones getting primaries all the time, BUT they offer more variety imo

yep, have flied a dual rep Myrmidon before - more tanky, yet less dps and a bit borring tbh.
avoiding drone-boats for now

That is a bummer. A well fit armor VNI actually puts out more deeps then a Gila, and doing L4s in a VNI is not boring :slight_smile: there is actually really quite a lot you have to watch out for, manuever, really optimize that speed tank etc. it can get pretty challenging.

Myrmidon is indeed a better choice but it lacks the deeps with only 4 heavies and it is kinda slowish, but nowadays you can fit MJDs on battlecruisers so I think it’d be much better then it was back when I was playing it.

You could also always go old school and do them in a Proteus. Proteus is kinda near the bottom of the T3C heap at the moment, but its not because it in itself is bad, but that Tengu is so much better and LOKI got rediculously buffed and is even better then the Tengu.

Speaking off, you can fly an armor AC Loki, you would have to train minmatar cruisers and projectile though. Tengu has a sub system for hybrids if I remember correctly (may be wrong not in the game now), but I have never used it for anything serious so I don’t know how it would fare. Deimos would also do better then Brutix.

If all else fails, why not try a Praxis ? They are actually really cheap as far as battleships go and you won’t have to worry about skills. Play around with it in the in-game fitting tool.

The Vigilant, bit more pricey hull and requires 2 different cruiser skills, but it puts out a crapton of burs DPS and can do L4s.

If you can get 600+ DPS of off your main weapon system @ 100 km, you’ll be OK, below that eitehr in range or DPS and you’ll have issues on L4s.

Alternatively, Navy Dominix, though the hulls are a bit too expensive. I used a kiting fit for a while. Yup, you heard it right, a kiting / sniping dominix … Why not Meg or Hyperion ? Cause it gave me better options for tank and various things due to slot layout and my low skills back then. I was literally running L4s with it at level 3 Gallente Battleships skill and lvl 3 large hybrid turrets, all meta 4 T1 stuff with faction ammos, tungsten, plutonium were my mainstay. if I had to use anti-matter that means I seriously screwed up and was in trouble. And again nowadays you have MJDs, this would have made my fit back then heavenly.

Now, these are not blitzing, or fast options, but they are all perfectly doable.

2 Likes

I think lv3s can make more, at that rate. But I’m not sure it will be that much more. You should be able to chew through lv3s so fast in a t2 fit brutix you will probably want warp speed rigs. I recently went and did the standings grind with a warp speed ferox, but I didn’t track income.

Requires maxing isk/lp conversion rate, and churning through missions as fast as possible, can probably go a bit higher with cherry picking but I haven’t looked that hard at lv3s.

Checked it: lv3s make notably less than lv4s, thou thinks insta-pop-up there and a mission’s finished in somewhat 10 to 15 minutes on average (with 2/3 of the time on looting/salvaging).

remove that time to loot/salvage. refuse the missions that are not in system.

just LP+ isk only, L3 securities do around 30-40 M/h. The times I took are for a proteus fit for null sec (cloak and nullified), fit skills no perfect.
Best I found is retribution, with 78M/h blitzing, and cargo delivery with 62M/h (keep in mind this is with HS LP/isk values). Did not do all the L3S missions though.

the “portal to war” series is actually very bad, because the loot value is actually very low when looking at time to loot,

Some of the old forum lv3 blitz threads were saying 80-90m/hr but I was never able to reproduce that. I was seeing more in the ~60mil/hr range, although that was without cherry picking or optimizations for all missions, so I think you could improve it, but not sure by how much.

I’d guess well skilled t1 bc should be able to get in the 30-50m/hr range. Kinda a wide range but will depend on LP conversion and efficiency.

Getting curious enough I kinda want to go test for a few hours as my old test was very poorly documented. That and I don’t have any per mission data.