Where to go?

I’ve been playing for more than one month and now I’m kind of stuck.
Following the advice of an eve expert friend of mine, I’ve tried to accomplish a few level 4 missions with a T1 BattleCruiser (Brutix) . Until now I finished (never easily) a few of them but lost 2 ships as well.
My friend adviced me to learn playing the game with a BC in level 4 missions, but I find them too difficult even if I follow eve survival advices and even if I have a pretty decent skills set and fits.
I’m kind of demoralized now because I don’t really know how I should go on in the game.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Fly Safe.

unless you skill injected into the Brutix you may not have all the necessary skills to properly fly the brutix. plus there is a helpful website called https://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=MissionReports
that can give you a lot of insightful info (though some is outdated, and you’ll learn which ones are outdated)

Not to mention a BC is fairly hard to complete L4 missions, you’d be better off sticking with L3’s unless you can have someone tag along with you to help in L4’s until you can get in a BS.

for more clarity, what fit are you using on the brutix?

2 Likes

You can also try running the missions on SISI, the test server. A good place to have those “Ah Ha” moments cheap.

2 Likes

While this is a lil outdated, this may still give you some help, along with being on SiSi, if you can log in to it

1 Like

As others are pointing out, while a Brutix, or any battlecruiser really, -can- run a L4, that doesn’t mean it should. Even when you know what you’re doing, they can be a slog because your dps is in the “adequate” range, not the optimal. I mean, along this same vein, you can run L4’s in a cruiser. I don’t recommend it, and you stand a good chance of losing the ship, but it can be done.

All that said, it would indeed be helpful to see the fit you’re using. Beyond that, just be ready to align and GTFO, do the repairs on your ship, then go back in with guns blazing. Manage your aggro, so you don’t wind up with the whole pocket shooting at you, or have another wave come in while you’re still dealing with a previous one. Tank for the rats you’ll be facing. That’s the best advice I can give you at the moment, honestly.

2 Likes

As the others have mentioned level 4 missions in a BC are not the ideal scenario, and the brutix is not the best option either( not that is not good at things), the Dominix is a great option(battle ship) it does take a few skill points to fly well and it’s important to utilise sentry drones to get the most out of it for missions, but it will serve you well. Other options might be a tech III cruiser any of them should work but the tengu is the best for missions solo but also requires training in a different direction the Proteus is the Gallenti variant and would work as well.
Now those are all good ships but if your looking to optimise ruining level 4’s the rattlesnake is the ship of choice along with the marauder class of tech II battleships the latter being very skill points intensive.
Good luck with finding something fun O/

3 Likes

Agree to disagree on this point. as a USIA member, we find that for some missions, Macharial is king, but to truly make the most, if you want to blitz, you can’t go wrong with a 800m Typhoon Fleet (especially if you learn how to fly manually and speed tank. our former co-head proudly called the TFI a lawnmower…)

While marauders were made for L4’s, sometimes less blingy is better in most cases…However, our current head of USIA, recommends rattlesnake for all epic arcs.

1 Like

Doing missions for standing might have different requirements from doing missions for income. Apart from that high end blitzing requires high end skills and a blitzing mindset.

Combine that and it may very well be that mission choice, strategy choice combined with choosing to loot/salvage or not makes for different ship and/or fit choices.

2 Likes

Even then, blitzing can still be more profitable since you can chain missions together and run several and turn them all in, generating more isk per hour than setting at a grindfest mission like The Assault.

And I did say if they want to blitz. Plus no need for high skills either. We have a handy guide to help low SP or newbros as well.

More than one way to accomplish what you want to do.

2 Likes

This, I think, is the key. What do you want to do? That is always the question.

2 Likes

Have a look at the Praxis. I think it will work better for lv4 missions than a Brutix.

2 Likes

you may be lacking in certain supporting skills but battlecruisers aren’t optimal for lvl4 missions anyway I run them in a hurricane but most if not all the relevent skills are at 5 and It is ever so slightly blinged

1 Like

So many players in this game like to push the envelope and are gamblers. Don’t be discouraged if their advice doesn’t work out. Though you can always improve, high risk advice should not be internalized by you.

1 Like

Maybe an Astero? Easy to get into I think. Fun, versatile…

1 Like

First of all thx everybody for your advices!
I improved my skills and I’ve been able to accomplish all the level 4 I tried in these days with my Brutix.
Second of all I’m willing to try a Praxis as soon as my skills will allow me to fly it properly.
Fly Safe.
Asriel

2 Likes

As Omega, you will receive a free Praxis in a few days if you login daily…

2 Likes

I know that’s why I’m willing to try it!

1 Like

Well, I remember I blew my first Battleship up very soon, it took ages to realign and didn’t survive long enough to warp away. Don’t be surprised, it’s slow and big guns miss small enemies quite often.

Edit: The fact I’m still playing means losing your first expensive battleship does not mean you’ve lost all. It’s just part of the learning process.

2 Likes

Join a pvp group, kill dudes, much fun.

If he had to ask that question in the 1st place, he’s probably already gone by now…