Caldari C1 PvE fits, need to choose one

gonna go short with the explanation. im currently leveling this character solely for WH dwelling in small ships. no T3 of any kind or cruisers and above, only frigates (perhaps Navy/Pirate ones if skills allow it) and perhaps standard destroyers. i dont want to discuss about isk/h efficiency or PvP capability (unless you can point me to a fit that i could swap for farming with only a few module changes).

only want to know from these 2 ships and the fit i’ve formulated for them using past experience, which will perform best for the sites (or at least which weapon system would be best in this case).

[Condor, C1 Condor]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Small Shield Booster II
Small Cap Battery II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Core Probe Launcher I

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

Core Scanner Probe I x8
Scourge Rage Rocket x150

NOTE: i chose Condor over Kestrel because its more mobile and it has more or less the same fitting options apart of that extra launcher.

[Merlin, C1 Merlin]

Damage Control II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Small Shield Booster II
Small Cap Battery II

75mm Gatling Rail II
75mm Gatling Rail II
75mm Gatling Rail II

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Hybrid Metastasis Adjuster I

Antimatter Charge S x600

Note: Antimatter is just a filler.

thanks beforehand for any constructive criticism regarding the fits. yes i can do C1 sites, already have experience with them using an old minmatar alt , its just that im now actually training a new char for it so i can make use of T2 weapons and that kind of stuff properly.

If you go missiles, fly a Kestrel and watch the “eveiseasy” Kestrel guide from @Suitonia.

The Condor is a 100 times cheaper Crow and the only purpose of a Crow is to hold someone down for your buddies.

1 Like

gonna check the video then for the explanation regarding the use of that fit. it seems its mostly damage tho, really peculiar for me, i’ve seen kiting Kestrels choke full on sensors and speed to kill you out of reach but not a brawl (scram kite?) fit with just plain buffer as tank.

i didnt want to go for the Kestrel first because it seemed to be quite slow so i opted to look at the condor because of lower sig and better speed despite the less DPS and shield hp.

And I didn’t say you shouldn’t fly a Condor, I said the Kestrel is the better option.

1 Like

This is what I have in EFT and it’s labeled C2 so I would assume it works in c1s. It worked wherever I tested it. 75mm rails don’t have a lot of range so swapping to blasters for the extra damage seems like it would make sense. although no idea if you could use 150mm rails.

[Merlin, Merlin c2 brawler]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Overdrive Injector System II

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Shield Extender II
EM Ward Amplifier II

Light Neutron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge S

Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Small Core Defense Field Extender I

Antimatter Charge S x10360

1 Like

checking it right now, i made some changes to it:

[Merlin, Merlin c2 brawler]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Damage Control II

Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Optical Compact Tracking Computer (Tracking Speed Script)

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S

Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
Small Core Defense Field Purger I

Void S x240

Blasters were my first choice when looking at the Merlin but i was worried that the ship could bump against structures when taking down the sentries, i had a problem like that doing an ambush point with a Rifter (autocannons).

so i tried to look for rail fits. i could make a hibrid between both fits thus having that passive tank on top of using 75 mm. it saves a lot of stats apparently because the power core and the current weapon mod can be changed to 2 magstab II, then change the shield extender to T2. it gives a bit over 100 DPS with antimatter cutting range to 4,5 km which is better than the blasters despite the tracking being around 220 with the script running.

im not well versed in hibrids anyways. that’s why i came asking about the fits. i tried a passive fitted Slasher with arties once but they seemed to miss regularly so not sure on the accuracy of rails or perhaps it was that i was orbiting too fast thus killing the hits. not sure.

Update:

do you think it would be worth it to keep the blasters and instead focus on optimal range? i mean, swapping the magstab for tracking enhancer II, upgrade tracking computer to T2 with optimal range script and change the damage rig for optimal for 4,3 km using Null.

i really dont know what to do with that one, but i really want to use hibrids. not sure what to think with those ranges

I can’t really delve into specifics as it was a while ago. Might be worth taking a few different setups to thera and testing them out in the connecting C1/c2s. Possibly worth using a web over the tracking computer. Also no idea on which ammo is best, and that may influence if you want a tracking comp/web.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.