My fit for the Heron Navy Issue (Hunting, Hacking, WH's)... help appreciated

Hello folks,

bought the Heron Navy Issue and don’t know exactly how I can make it work for my needs. Mainly, I’m scanning WH’s and hacking unguarded sites of all sorts. Additionally, I want to be on lookout for possible targets which I’m able to combat (Ventures, ?Astero? etc.). Not so sure what targets to focus on with this Heron (if there are any apart from the Venture).

This is what I came up with so far (inspired by EVE Workbench fit

[Heron Navy Issue, WH/Hunt]
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Relic Analyzer II
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster
Warp Scrambler II

Expanded Probe Launcher II
‘Arbalest’ Rocket Launcher I
‘Arbalest’ Rocket Launcher I
Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

Navy Cap Booster 50 x27
Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket x1090
Sisters Combat Scanner Probe x16
Data Analyzer II x1
Improved Cloaking Device II x1
Mobile Depot x1

It’s not final and the stuff in cargo is just to narrow down the possible optimal modules. Usually, the first fit shall be the one so I can focus on hunting when I have something positive while scanning for hacking sites & WH’s. I think a mobile depot is necessary here.

I don’t know guys… help is appreciated. (I own the Astero, but it’s too expensive. Had a few incidents with the Heron but compared to what insane money it brought me… I love this frig. Main ships are Minmatar (skilling for Svipul & Loki afterwards). So this is my first Caldari ship.

Greetings,
Cab

a neut may be better than nos , second scram in cargo for holding ventures .
low slots up to you istabs or bcu / dmg control .
speed rigs you have not sure how helpful , its pretty slow ship you won’t hit top speed on one mwd cycle . maybe hyperspacial and extender rigs , but really it’s situational …
consider abyssal rolling your tackle for a bit more range when you’re countering being web/scrammed .

Agreed. What are you trying to power with the nosferatu?

If you are trying to hunt things I’d probably go with DCU MAPC lows, MWD web scram dual MASB mids, rockets, a single neut, and the explanded launcher. I do not really see the point of the inertial stabilizers with the auxiliary thrusters. Two nanofibers and a polycarbon would be more efficient, and it doesn’t compromize your cargo capacity unlike the iStabs. The capacitor control circuit makes no sense.

While not actively hunting, I’d swap the web out for the analyzer, as you can still opportunistically kill ventures and prospects and stuff without a web.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.