Returning player with limited time wants to PVE

Hi all,

I’m quite busy irl and I currently get a few hours a week to play EVE. About 2-3 years ago I used to play but had to quit due to time constraints. Anyway I’m back in a limited capacity and maybe would like to start cutting my teeth on L4 missions or ???

Does anyone still use Tengu’s for L4? I was never really a Raven fan but I would like to skills for another PVE boat, any suggestions?

Also I’m using a Tengu in the interim here is my old fit, is it still viable, and what not-too-costly improvements could I make? Thank you for your suggestions and answers.

Here is my current fit from long ago:

[Tengu, Work Horse]
Damage Control II
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier
Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner
Pithi A-Type Small Shield Booster
Dread Guristas Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Dread Guristas Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Dread Guristas EM Shield Hardener

Caldari Navy Heavy Missile Launcher

Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier II
Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Medium Warhead Flare Catalyst II

Tengu Core - Augmented Graviton Reactor
Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Chassis Optimization

Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile x10227
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Heavy Missile x12

1 Like

message me in-game and i’ll share my fit with you. i use it to run world collide (lvl 4)

Sure, no problem:

Step 1: definitely fit officer modules. No way this cheap Factionstuff will get you anywhere.

Step 2: Run missions in it, best is some well known mission hub. Sisters of EVE missions pay well I have heard.

Step 3: After you have been ganked by 6 Catalysts come back to the forums and make a topic about how ganking destroys the game and how unfair EVE is.

Good luck!

Welcome back to Eve…

Don’t know how tight your fit is for PG and CPU but I’d seriously consider exchanging that small shield booster in for a medium or large one.

If you have an issue with Capacitor could just replace one of the Multi Shield Hardener mods with a Cap Battery or other type of Cap mod. Course could just redo the rigs. Now if it’s a fitting issue with PG, might think about swapping out a BCS mod for a PDS mod.

I mostly pilot Minmatar ships but always figured fitting Caldari ships was pretty similar. It’s been a while since I’ve ran the Level 4 Epic Arcs but here’s my Loki fit which did really well, maybe it will help give you some ideas for fitting…

Loki PvE Combat Fit

Loki PvE Clone Implants

1 Like

I can’t in good faith recommend a tengu for lv 4 missions. Or any t3 crusier.

• A marauder can do everything that tengu can do in lv 4s w/o any HG implants.
  • A marauder doesn’t need faction gear to be fast at deleting NPCs. (Simple t2 gear/guns)
  • A marauder is many times safer than a tengu. Why? Because they are everywhere, and people will think twice on ganking a marauder vs a highly pimped out tengu w/o bastion. Also, they are much more common than 2-3 years ago so the stigma is gone being that one golem guy pre bastion buff.
  • Also, marauders are cost effective with their hull cost being stable they allow you to branch into incursions.

If you are doing lv 4 missions in anything but a Golem, Kronos, Vargur, Or Pally then you’re losing out on ISK. If that is your goal. If fun/hr is your goal by all means, go with the tengu :slight_smile:

Most regular tech 1 battleships will do just fine, but they all have different requirements. If you don’t like the Raven, maybe settle on what you do like to fly and go from there.
Some Gallente and minmatar battleships are lesser suited for pve than the Caldari or Amarr ships.
It doesn’t mean at all those are bad ships, they aren’t. They are just not good choices for the task.

The Dominix for example is awesome for pve. However, the Megathron may be a good option for missions against Serpentis but not a good pve boat in general.

The tempest, while being a good pvp boat, is also not a good option for pve. Depending on your preferences, the typhoon would be a better minmatar pve boat.

I never tried the mealstrom for pve - too expensive.

The Armageddon is somewhat similar to a Dominix but less agile and slow moving, but a good pve boat in general.

Most police faction ships should be fine but more expensive options, that depends on your wallet.
And the best ships in that class would be pirate faction ones or the marauder class. Both come with a heavy price tag.

Sweet. Thanks for the tips and insight.

1 Like

Yea, that’s great. I’m looking to re-skill.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.