Tengu pve fit advices request for combat sites

o/ everyone,

Before starting, i would like to say that i did made some research and didnt found what i was looking for (I saw this Worth to take a T3Cruiser for PvE Action?! ), and that most of what i found is before the t3c change.

30ish mil skill player looking to improve and hear advices regarding Tengu fit (no mobile depot to refit), to do combat site very very fast. Im basicaly facing about 15 frigates npcs, about 20ish cruiser/battlecruiser npcs and 1 battleship.
My skills on missile is fairly decent, my wallet is ok, looking to spent in between 800-1300 mil isk on it.

This is what i came out with:

subsystems:
Tengu core - augmented graviton reactor
Tengu defensive - covert reconfiguration
Tengu offensive - accelerated ejection bay
Tengu propuslcion - chassis optimisation

rigs:
medium capacitor control circuit ll
medium capacitor control circuit ll
medium hydrolic bay thrusters l

weapons:
heavy assault missile launcher ll
sisters core probe launcher
covert ops cloacking device ll

shield slots:
50mn quad lif restrained microwarpdrive
pithum B-type medium shield booster
pithum C-type adaptive invulnerability field
gist A-type EM ward field
Adaptive invulnerability field ll
thukker large cap battery

armor slot:
Caldari navy ballistic control system

the good:
-80%+ resists in the shield
-cap stable at 19.4%
-speed -> 1244.4 m/s

the bad:
I have multiples concern about this fit, my skills are still in training so, dont know exact numbers as of yet, and if im wrong, would like to avoid training into skill i wont be using.

1. the low possible range
  2. which ammo to use, using EM, but javeline or rage. Should i even use heavy assault missile launcher or else?
  3. low rep? -> 209 hp bonus every 3s. is it that low considering i have 80% resists in all damage types, and that i can go over 1k m/s?. Im curently doing the same combat sites on a stratios, resists in armor are 63% in all damages types, repping for 1036 hp every 9.6 sec but going no faster than 600 m/s.
  4. 50mn quad lif restrained microwarpdrive, can i use this inside a bubble?

Any advices is appreciated.

Yes but when you get scrammed, you are toast.

Use an afterburner instead and heavy missiles - those have the range and also do enough damage.
You should be fine.

fit heavy missiles, 3 BCUs and shield booster.
Go do guristas.
For serpentis, add thermal hardener i suppose.
Now on a serious noet, which rats are you fighting against? Tengu works extremely bad vs bloods and just soso vs sansha, others can be mutilates with minimal effort just by using standard tank 'n gank fits.

Thank you elitatwo and Akuma Tsukai.

@elitatwo
-Which afterburner then? wont i reach around 600 m/s with it? is that enought speed to avoid partial dps?

-Ok will change my skill queue to heavy missiles instead.

@Akuma_Tsukai
-What is BCU?
-im fighting drones.
-additionaly, which ammo should i use?

A 100mn afterburner.

BCU - ballistic control unit, damage module for missiles.
for drones use kinetic missiles still, bonus damage will outweight resists difference. 2 invulnerabiliry fields should get you through everything tank wise.
If you have slots left gill in with damage application modules, drones are small

@elitatwo
Putting 100mn afterburner makes my powergrid go wild like -417 something.

@Akuma_Tsukai
thank you, will do that.

That is not a problem I have to solve. It fits.

1 Like

What he is saying is, the tengu can fit a oversized propmod, giving it huge damage mitigation vs rats. Sure you will need to modify your fit a bit but this should actually not be too much of an issue.

while this is true, even the usual AB allows you to perfectly dodge or range tank cruiser size rats. If you die to a frigates in T3C you fail.
Initially 100mn AB fit was pvp, its only then kult of spid orks started to use it in pve for no apparent reason other than big goes fasta ©

See it this way, you are in nullsec and even if The Maze is the safest DED complex in EVE, would you rather be chased with 600m/s or 1700m/s?

If someone warps in you warp out. AB size has nothing to do with it, fighting in pve fits is suicide aither way.

No silly, at a gate.

I cant seem to be able to change to AB, i will stay with Microwrapdrive, hope its still ok. i end up cap stable at 25%.

Im pretty happy with the new fit with HML, according to Pyfa, i get 668 DPS (still need lots of training to fly it). Its bubble proof and covert ops cloaking device (should be able to avoid PvP using near2 on top of that. Beside, ive never encounter PvP with Stratios), hight enough ressits 76/74/73/71, can rep decently, still pretty fast and good missile range (48 km with medium hydrolic bay thrusters l).

Compare to my PvP startios, the + are bubbleproof and about 40% more DPS, the - is that it cant PvP, the trade off seems worth it.

My last concern is, how fast can i shoot frigate/destroyer npcs? I heard somewhere the missiles applies more damages on bigger targets. If it takes more than one volley to burn a frigate, i might be considering changing something in the fit. As removing medium hydrolic bay thrusters l and remplace it by [insert rig that help apply more damages to smaller targets] and training missile velocity type skills.

Here’s a helpful presentation from E-Uni that covers missile mechanics. Look at the sections that cover explosion radius and explosion velocity to get a sense of how these attributes work on large vs. small targets.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fuc%3Fid%3D0Bymhje4Rma0GUC1qVHZUT2Rramc&embedded=true

Tl;Dr You are correct. But this will help you understand how it all actually works so you can tweak accordingly.

1 Like

Exatly what i needed thank you Jenne_Wain, now looking at the missiles explenations, im thinking that i can avoid the pain of changing the fit and simply use both ammo types, Precision vs frigates/destroyer and Fury vs cruiser/battlecruiser/battleship.

1 Like

Yep! That is what I would have suggested as well, but didn’t want to assume what skills you had and thought that the background info would be helpful as well.

Keep us posted on how your fit works when you get out and test it :slight_smile:

Yes, my skills arnt so good atm as flying the Tengu in the first place, for the missiles, its better. Glad i asked here before going for HAML and making a mistake.

Will surely get back to you within the next 2 months and probably posting the exact fit :smile:

fly dangerous,
o7

1 Like

Update.

@Jenne_Wain
I burned some euro into this, here is the feedback:

subsystems:
Tengu core - augmented graviton reactor
Tengu defensive - covert reconfiguration
Tengu offensive - accelerated ejection bay
Tengu propuslcion - interdiction nullifier

rigs:
medium Anti-EM screen reinforcer ll
medium Anti-EM screen reinforcer ll
medium hydrolic bay thrusters ll (Changing for medium warhead rigor catalyst ll)

weapons:
heavy missile launcher ll
sisters core probe launcher
covert ops cloacking device ll

shield slots:
gistum B-type 10 mn afterburner
pithum A-type medium shield booster ($$$)
pithum C-type adaptive invulnerability field
Adaptive invulnerability field ll
thukker large cap battery

armor slot:

Results:
-Faster than my stratios, doing site in 12 mins instead of 18 mins.
-Precision missiles working better vs cruiser/battlecruiser size drones… Only using Fury missiles vs BS.
-OP defence, never went under 90% shield with booster cycling nonstop on massive spawn escalation.
-Thinking i could be killing cruiser/battlecuiser faster, i do like 300 damages per volley on some cruisers with fury and about 600 only per volley with precision…

I will remplace medium hydrolic bay thrusters ll for medium warhead rigor catalyst ll once i train for more range to kill frigate/destroyer/cruiser/battlecruiser faster. Because accordign to this topic https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/topic/216436/ , Rigor rig will reduce explosion radius by 20% and be better to kill small targets, dont know how much of a dif it will be vs BS. After the change, will test it with both ammos and see how much of an improvement it is.

EDIT: added killing slowly cruiser statement.
EDIT2: Remove the “assault” of HML since it was a copy paste originaly.

2 Likes

Not as much as you think it does.

With missiles you have to consider shield and armor resistance. You can never do 100% missiles damage unless you shoot a ship with polarized guns on, which put all resistance values to 0%.
Guristas’ lowest resistance is kinetic (or green if you want) but they still do have some resistance. However all those NPCs have 0% hull resistance, so you will do 100% of the damage you read as alpha on your fitting screen.
In a theoretical case where your missile alpha on your fitting screen shows 1000hp damage and you shoot a Guristas Exterminator with 40% kinetic resistance, your damage notification will show 600hp damage per hit.
Only if it shows 480hp damage, your missiles do not apply at full.

You can find the NPC resistance profiles on eve-survival.