Tengu pve fit advices request for combat sites

ty Elitatwo, it makes sense and im sur its not applaying full due to the small size of my targets.

And as Akuma said, drones are small so, im hoping that the medium warhead rigor catalyst ll will help in DPS. I dont think i will be removing Thukker large cap battery for missil computer guidance thingy sry, not sur whats its called, as it would force me to put capacitor rig and removing EM resist, and as a result have EM resist in between 60-67 % but… if drones do not apply much EM damages, its something to think about.

The change would be
rigs:
medium Anti-EM screen reinforcer ll
Capacitor rig thingy (router i think eh…)
medium warhead rigor catalyst ll

shield slots:
gistum B-type 10 mn afterburner
pithum A-type medium shield booster ($$$)
pithum C-type adaptive invulnerability field
Adaptive invulnerability field ll
Missile guidance computer thingy (eh…) with precision scripts

that would put my capacitor stable from 43% to 5%.

You should be fine still. Use fury missiles for battleships only and caldari navy or t1 missiles for the rest.
In a situation where you have to leave, precision missiles will be your ammo of choice for disrupting frigates.

That range of Caldari missiles omg…
But i wonder if i will do more DPS vs cruisers on caldari ammo or on precision ammo, the numbers on caldari is about 70 more DPS, yet, will it hit harder than precision… More testing i guess, its all about optimisation right >.<

Thank you Elitatwo.

with perfect missile skills and 1 TP T1>=precision on cruisers (also note that the only difference between rat cruisers and BC is HP and speed, not sig size).
However there is no finite answer to that questions, youll just have to check.

Precision missiles do less damage than Caldari Navy ones on cruisers but a little better on destroyers and frigates.

This is the standard PvE tengu fit for anything up to and including 10/10 DED sites:

[Tengu: Ratter]

Ballistic Control System II

Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner
Phased Scoped Target Painter
Gist C-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Gist A-Type Thermal Dissipation Field
‘Stalwart’ Particle Field Magnifier
Pithi C-Type Small Shield Booster

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile
Medium Energy Nosferatu II

Medium Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Medium Hydraulic Bay Thrusters I
Medium Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II

Tengu Core - Augmented Graviton Reactor
Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Chassis Optimization

Swap out the hardeners to the rats you are facing. Use Javelin to kill small stuff and rage for everything else. Orbit something at range with the ab on to sig tank any incoming damage.If you are in null carry a mobile depot and refit to covops cloak and interdiction nullifier. You can even refit travel rigs on there if you want.

Pro tip: always scoop your mobile depot. Anyone combat scanning you will just camp that rather than try to catch you in the site itself.

2 Likes

Is a small shield booster enough? :open_mouth:

Yes. Its one of those fits where you think it shouldn’t work but it does. Run the ab continuously and find something to orbit at 10km (such as the acceleration gate to the next room). You will sig tank most of the rat damage but kill anything that webs you as quickly as possible. However with Javelin and HAMS you will instapop frigates so that should be no problem. It will die quickly if caught by a PvP ship though so spam d-scan and warp if anything is within 1 au.

Small correction: for anything gurista,up to 10/10 and below :wink:

Thanks everyone, i will stay with my HML bubble proof cover ops fit i posted 8 days ago, the 29th of march.

I havnt tested the caldari navy ammo yet, its on the way to my location by contract but, i tested medium warhead rigor catalyst ll and Missile Guidance Computer ll, none of thoses 2 things made a dif in my DPS. (not true… with medium warhead rigor catalyst ll, it took 13 volley to wipe a BS instead of 14. since i only kill 1-5 BS per sites, its not so usefull to me).

Will get Guided Missile Precision to V and get a small boost in DPS there vs small targets.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.