Can capsuleers have sex and children?

I don’t think it’s actually that simple in EVE, because of the single-shard sandbox nature. What happens in the ingame engine is what actually is happening to the characters and so if lore seems to contradict that it is a problem. Lore that would better explain why some capsuleers seem to make incredibly STUPID decisions in space would work better.

Obviously, that said, can’t just “stick to your own lore” if you want to actually RP with people and not just in your own head / with your two best friends only in a single-shard sandbox game, either.

Then why do the implants persist?
Does someone give me free crystal implants when I jump to my slave set clone?

My solution to the problem of rigorous character training vs stupid players is to assume the capsuleer training is about molding your brain into being a super computer capable of handling a capsuleer interface more than about teaching you the ropes of indie capsuleering. There’s also (NPC) capsuleers in national navies and CONCORD who probably receive additional training about how to do stuff in their organization’s way, but us independents are thrown to space after we can handle a pod and are assumed to teach ourselves in our own corporations. Hence you get people who can technically handle a pod and think they are uber because of it but who actually have no freaking clue what they are doing.

It’s not a perfect solution but it allows me to play both things.

I’d say that the capsuleer program is merely to get you to a point where you can pilot a pod. After that it’s on the job training, since capsuleers can earn huge amounts (compared to a baseliner) to cover any losses.

Once we’re released into the wild, so to speak, we’re learning through trial and error. Think of the screwups as acclamatizing to living as a spaceship most of the time.

1 Like

Well, the lore would be better if it acounted for what players actually do, rather than pretend that someone’s spent 2 years learning how to fit a ship and then double tanks a cruiser. :woman_shrugging:

If you’re writing lore for a game where players do incredibly stupid things and learn by trial and error, then the lore should accomodate to that and explain why the characters are so incompetent when they start.

Lore is only lore, but there’s lore that fits with the experience of the player and lore that looks like it’s talking about some other game -maybe NPC capsuleers, but those are not the actual players.

Right above I explained a plot involving a blind capsuleer. Lore claims 20/20 vision? Why? They pilot their ships with a direct data feed into their brains, as long as they have a functional visual cortex (they weren’t born blind) anyone could learn to pilot a ship through the pod interface. And that is compatible with the blind eyes available through character creation, which is actually older than the lore claiming “20/20 vision”.

And of course my lore fits my needs… it explains why my characters are supposed to be very short, or very tall, or chubby, or come from extremely different backgrounds where being the bestest of the bestest and the toughest of the toughest and spending 5 grueling years to become a capsuleer doesn’t makes sense.

In that sense, EVE lore is like the typical MMO lore when you the player just happen to be The Hero. Sure it works, but in a sandbox where players use their characters as often incompetent and sociopathic tools, the lore should accomodate better to the game of falible deranged capsuleers rather than make capsuleers sound like someone’s eugenesic dream warriors. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Is there anything about EVE that you and your alts don’t whinge about?

CCP can write that into the Lore.

Perhaps the lore is the advertizing spiele of the cloning companies. In ‘reality’ capsuleer progress is much more haphazard, with avery high incedence of psychological problems due to ghe unique stresses involved

Because they harvest them from your braindead corpse before it expires and the implants are ruined and put them into a new one. Falcon posted an explanation a couple of years ago about it.
Now yes, it does imply we should be able to remove implants, but maybe they need to be immediately put back into a matching clone rather than being able to be used by anyone, which is why they have to stay inside our “Heads” at least as far as game mechanics go.

Implants aren’t just chunks of plastic and silicon, they adapt to your body specifically via nanites etc. Removing them would be like removing your nervous system and trying to transplant it into someone elses body.

Well it is literally the same body though.

But since there is no official lore about how jump cloning works that I remember or could google, guess some stuff needs to be handwaved.

I’ve thought about this and I always assumed Capsule clones were sterile or engineered for pregnancy to be impossible; at least naturally. Tube Child is a selectable background for Caldari I believe?

:baby:

I’m pretty sure sex for pleasure is not an issue.

What is sex

2 Likes

I thought it was a pre-req for Gallente.

The clone blanks are re-engineered to your DNA. Genetically the same yes, but muscle fibres, vascular system, nervous system etc will all be subtley different.

1 Like

Hey guys what’s going on in this thread here?

Capsuleers can have sex.
They can also have children though it’s inherently problematic from a logistical standpoint as many have already pointed out.
Capsuleer genitalia is a little harder to suss out because of the fact that so much about humanoid anatomy can be altered or even customized on a whim. The gallente are all about body mods and kink so it’s really difficult to determine who has a penis and how many of them they have. This is canon.

1 Like

You could always assume that the capsuleer program was so traumatic, that some of them suffered brain damage and became permanently dim-witted.

4 Likes

Talkin bout sex, not shoes, so theres nothing for you to comment on.

We all know humans have 2 penis’ so its safe to assume gallenteans have 2 as well.

Umm. Sir?

1 Like

I’d at least recommend training biology to level I. They’ll let anyone become capsuleers these days.

2 Likes

Yes, what is it?

Why would a Capsuleer need to have physical sex? The sensation can be downloaded via an implant. Children can be grown using Clone technology.

Well now I got Demolition Man flashbacks, thanks for that. (also, don’t google demolition man sex scene, goddamn EPILEPSY WARNING dat ■■■■)