Can players who aren't active have strong opinions about Eve?

EVE is a work of art, the creators opinion is what matters every one else either pays for it or not.

1 Like

Love it.

This is an interesting question, but in truth it’s a call from the business minds of CCP.

They have to make the game for an audience, and this is a question of who they want their audience to be.

I used to love Eve when you were undocking in highsec into a hotbed of silliness, griefing, and the systematically unruly abuse of every game mechanic.

In the name of fairness, all of that has been stomped into orderliness.

I honestly can’t understand what attracts today’s Eve player and I can’t play anymore myself. I don’t get Eve anymore.

If the business decides they want to see me as a player, they need the old mess back. If they like today’s player, they need to keep going down the current road.

Business decision, I’d say. Seems like the new player must be paying ok… they’ve been working to make him/her happy since about 2012.

Everyone I know has quit.

Holy cow, Chribba!

2 Likes

I walk into a local, corner bar, nothing special, a local watering hole.

I harass the regular paying customers at the bar, “You’ld have 10x more customers if you got rid of these losers”.

How does that turn out? :fearful:

1 Like

This is so true, the CSM program in the past has been a classic explain of large groups of self titled elite EVE players trying to control how EVE grows.

Sadly many things these elite wanted was for their sole benefit and not for others or the game.

Luckily the new CCP/BA has started cleaning this up, though BA still needs time to fully understand the scale of EVE and how it fully works. Once that happens thing should be better, though i expect a few more DLC and other purchasable items will come to the online store.

It will be interesting to see how much this joining of companies will listen to the community, hopefully they do, but with a logical mind and not with a loudest minority wins mentality, as that would kill EVE for most players.

In business you need to listen to all customer comments and suggestions. And take on board those that are constructive, and helps to improve product and sales. Business managers and sales managers don’t listen to whining or I want comments from people you always do it. You want to be noticed you have to be constructive and polite in to suggestion or comment. just a warning from someone that’s worked with companies like BA, they aren’t like your US or European companies.

1 Like

The OP seems very odd to me.

It is either completely oblivious that many who haven’t played for a while have very strong opinions about this game and post all the time…

Or is trying to suggest if you don’t currently play, you don’t have a right to post.

I feel like the older crowd are being sold out tbh in favor of this new market.

They are asking for opinions and then passing judgement on them with a question that is so loaded its unable to cross most road bridges legally.

2 Likes

To be fair though, for a subject that can touch nerves, it’s remained civil, and some really good and reassuring comments, even Falcon popped in for a comment! Back in 2010, this would have been a total flame fest :smiley:

1 Like

Let me rephrase your question: Is is possible to have strong opinions about rape when you are not an active rapist?

As you can see, being active in a certain field does not hinder nor further someone of having a strong opinion about something. I for one have no experience in the field of rape, neither active nor passive. But i do have some very strong opinions about the active persuants of this trade.

What you are asking is not about the possibility of an answer but the validity. To keep in the picture, the accounts of rape victims or ppl who have worked with them do pose a higher validity than those of ppl who have only remotely heard of it. But only if things said support your narrative.

Cos here’s the thing. In our current society we totally have lost the ability to argue. To have argument and counter-argument. And to hear everyone out. Everyone is easyly offended by almost everything. And so some arguments and opinions that otherwise would be valuable get silenced. Or droned out by the crowd typing up a shitstorm.

For example a ganker could add some valuable insights to an AG discussion. How, why and who. But mostly they get yelled at or cussed out. Ok, some are just obstructive and talk bull. And those do get what they asked for.

Now, your job as forum reader is to decide on how much credit are you willing to give any post and how you will react on any given post. Some ppl write epic essays while others react with a swift “No. Go away!”

To quote Larry Flynt: “Opinions are like Assholes. Everyone’s got one.” And they do have the right to voice them. It is up to you to apply validity to them. You live in your own little filter bubble.

1 Like

Of course, The older you are, the more likely it is that you will stop paying, you will have less retention the longer you play as people will stop play, or die :stuck_out_tongue:

If eve now, was more like it was in 2014 during the PCU records I’d actually have more subs / accounts going. But the point that I’m getting older and possibly too old for this !@#$ rings true :slight_smile:

1 Like

This goes both ways. An AG player could add valuable insights on ganking and balance. We all know how that goes…they get trolled to death by gankers who refuse to listen. Fair is fair…

You are beyond saving wow I can’t believe you exist sounds to weird to be true :rofl:

I’m stealing this.

Somehow.

Not sure why you think this.

Older players have most time and cash than most working younger people.

I know of over 60year old players, who spend more time playing eve than your average player, and are subscribers.

I have very strong opinions about The Holocaust, yet I was not a part of it. Yes, you can have strong and meaningful opinions about something that you care about, but are not currently a part of.

A user has compared Eve to rape, and now you are comparing it to the Holocaust…

What’s with all the extreme metaphors?

Is Eve that terrible?

Its easy to pick something that stark as an illustrative example, especially if you are being edgy.

Picking something nice is harder as life sucks.

it’s because this way people will not notice that those metaphors are actually bad, and focus on the “extrem” part.