Can players who aren't active have strong opinions about Eve?

At least you are true to one of your words.
Good to know.

1 Like

It was supposed to be a joke about natural causes removing the players the older they get. I agree that older people might have more time, but also I think in the sense of EVE we are not attracting an overflow of older players.

Although I would like to see statistics from CCP about this, I know that back in the days the average real age of people did go up as the core of players aged, but I haven’t seen statistics of this in recent years. That would be a good indication of where the population is moving.

3 Likes

Let me paraphrase your question and reply with another question.

“Do people on the internet have strong opinions?”

“Does the Pope ■■■■ in the woods?”

Yes. The answer is absolutely yes. And the strength of people’s opinions is usually inversely correlated with how much they know about a given topic. Generally speaking, people who know a lot about something know enough to know there’s a lot they don’t know. It’s the people who are largely ignorant who tend to have the loudest voices. And people telling other people they shouldn’t have opinions tend to be the least informed of all.

But I do love a good dumpster fire, so thank you for the content.

I strongly disagree with this statement.

1 Like

“Is it possible to have strong opinions about the game when you are not an active player?”

Sure, they are probably wrong tho :rofl:

1 Like

No, it isn’t.

1 Like

“Can players who aren’t active have strong opinions about Eve?” --> looks at Mittens

Depends what you define as active thou, actually playing the game or being involved in the game in a different way.

1 Like

I would argue that the ‘consumer’ of a product is the only person with a truly valuable opinion, because your product is directed at him or her.

You ultimately want to attract more consumers. So you’ll give them more of what they enjoy or keeps them happy for as long as possible right?

So in this game it would have to be a player, whether he or she is active 1 hour per week, or fifty.

So basically the players who spend the most money on the game - these are the opinions you want to listen to, so they can keep paying, and you wanna get as many new players to pay also.

That’s my theory lol.

You lost me at the pope comment.

What on earth are you saying?

he’s voicing his strong opinion. About voicing someone’s strong opinion about Eve.
I guess he is not actively voicing his strong opinion about Eve, which allows him to voice his strong opinion on that strong opinion expression, as he wrote "And the strength of people’s opinions is usually inversely correlated with how much they know about a given topic. "

FWIW

1 Like

She probably judges your opinion as highly as mine, and blocks you to refuse to acknowledge opinions that dont agree with hers in the first sentence.

2 Likes

How did you know I was high ???

Yes ?

(I’m saying stupid ■■■■ because I think it’s more interesting than talking badly about someone else than oneself. I don’t care who the person is, if he says something worth a stupid answer I’ll bring it in for the lulz)

1 Like

In theory, this would be a logical business decision to maintain your business.

Also in theory, if you want to grow your business, that may involve listening to people who are not your direct consumers, or ‘inactive’.

Thats a very enlightened way of looking at it.

1 Like

That is a blending of the phrases:
“Is the pope catholic?”
and
“Does a bear ■■■■ in the woods?”

Both meaning “of course”

The internet is a strange yet wonderful place…

5 Likes

I have to say, I did not get it at the beginning. Now I appreciate it. Who said humor can’t be explained ?

(edit : I think I did say it at least once)

1 Like

Really nice point!

He said yes. What part of that don’t you get? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_ofPVUhO3U

I would say the people who were playing back when the game was at its peak have the most valuable opinions of all. Especially as to reasons why they don’t play now.

When I say “peak”, I mean actual players, not armies of alts.

1 Like

I pay to play on 3 accts. I also play in “hibernation mode” (o7 for that term) waiting to see what will happen with the game. Does my opinion matter as well? Not really it seems in the overall scheme of things… Meh, so be it.

I joined this game because I did not want to feel like a number. I would have to safely assume that they want to take it away from a niche game to be more mainstream, hence, more like a number/grind/farm/safe/whateveryouwant to call it kinda game for profit. I don’t blame them. But that’s not the game for me I guess. No bashing, no regrets. It was fun! I’ll always keep tabs on the game.

The niche players who toughed out the game the hard way and built it into what it is today should be proud of themselves. You pick on bitter old vets with absolutely no Idea what we had to endure. Enjoy your trophy for just showing up.

I’m not a whale so they wont miss me! :wink:

Edit; The only reason you all are reading these forums is because the bitter old vets stuck it out.