Can't hack a data site in Lowsec with my civil analyzer?

Hello
the topic says it. I’m currently sitting on a Serpentis Station I scanned. There are 4 data containers, but I can’t hack any of them. When I lock it and use the analyzer, it says it’s not a valid target for the module.
Any advise what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Only thing you’re doing wrong is using a Civilian analyzer. Those devices are only meant to be used during the tutorial.

Just pick up a Data Analyzer I or Relic Analyzer I from a market and you should be good to go. Glad to see some intrepid rookies out there in lowsec.

4 Likes

Thanks, I’m on my way back home to buy one. In my capsule… was a little arrogant of me orbiting around a data container in low sec for 15 minutes, cost me my Imicus. :>

2 Likes

That’s one great thing about rookie exploring. A decent fit that can handle most nullsec and low-class wormhole data/relic sites (or at least, the nullsec pirate sites that can spawn in low-class wormholes) should only run you between 1.5 to 3 mil. You can make that back several times over if you get lucky at a single site, but it makes for a clench-tastic trip back to the market.

I can’t be too sad about a dead Imicus though. Those things are atrocious to look at.

1 Like

This failed trip alone was a good experience. Now I know much more, the insurance covered a good half of the buyback costs. Right now I’m sitting in a brand new Imicus of beauty. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Awesome, with that kind of perspective on your shiploss you’re going to do just fine in Eve. If you haven’t done so already I would suggest having both a data and relic analyzer equipped so you can scan either kind of site you may run across. Fly safe! o7

3 Likes

Civilian stuff is only useful during the tutorial missions, most of those mods will only work during tutorial missions, or will be so underpowered they won’t be able to any ‘real work’.

1 Like

any Civilian module are rubbish, they are just for the tutorial missions

Im an alpha, I love scanning and hacking, I jump in low sec from time to time.

Here is a cheap fit I use.

[Imicus, Scanning Imicus Alpha]
Overdrive Injector System I
(helps speed between cans, had a few sites explode on me for taking too long)
Damage Control I
[empty low slot]
(Add a cheap CPU Upgrade I if your short CPUs till your core skills go a little higher)

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
(Speed is your friend, hit those cans and get out)
Data Analyzer I
Relic Analyzer I
[empty med slot]

Expanded Probe Launcher I, Core Scanner Probe I
(Also carry combat probes to scan down lost drones, made a bunch on lost Navy Augmented, & Intergraded drones I found during a event last year)
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
(These rigs are your call, lil experience but they’ll find sites faster, I wouldn’t bother in low sec)

Hobgoblin I x4
(drones are next to worthless on a scan ship, but rather have them and not need them)

Nice new car smell.

I love finding cheap skins for my ships on the market during events, now that beauty and smart shopping :grinning:

My favorite starter explo ship ! The Imicus !

I highly recommend you get a bit more training in scanning as well as navigation, capacitor, the hull itself for those huge hull bonusses, etc. before venturing out to LS / NS sites. reason is that in LS / NS and WH space, there are sites you simply won’t be able to hack or even scan down with low skills so you will end up wasting a lot of time. Go for probe strength 1st, pinpointing 2nd, virus strength 3rd, then all the rest.

I also recommend flying with a proto cloak :slight_smile: you can just warp to somewhere, launch your probes and disappear from D-Scans. Don’t forget there are some scanning rigs that may help you quite a lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.