Capsuleer Infomorph Mishaps - Transhumanist Problems

Namas. Which problem, Ms Evingod? The forum didn’t link the thread clearly and I don’t know what you’re referring too.

2 Likes

Greetings Ms Ambrye, the memory loss risk you were referring in the beginning.

2 Likes

Maybe she just forgot about it :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Might…
It would be good if it was just might, because it is widespread in Caldari State. If you commit even a minor violation, for example, trespassing, or behaving too loud or taking too much attention in the public, and your identity as a capsuleer will be revealed - you can simply be shot down by security personnel without even a court.

I am somewhat relieved from this, because I have citizenship papers, I have State-issued rank with insignia and uniform - there is no way security will shoot me. But still - I never give them chance to even think I am capsuleer. Only authorities and people who know me personally know I am. In public I always wear clothes that completely cover all sockets, I behave like the rest of Caldari, and all other people I deal with in public consider me just “another Strike Commander of State Armed Forces” without realizing that I am a capsule pilot.

the memory loss risk you were referring in the beginning.

I don’t know. These would be the clone fighters, such as Valkyrie, that you’re referring to? I’m sure they might suffer from the effects at least as much as capsuleers, but anything beyond that I can’t speculate.

2 Likes

No. :grin:

2 Likes

I didn’t realize it was that bad. Thank you.

2 Likes

What.
Source for this claim, please.

3 Likes

There’s been reports of it. Though like everywhere, I expect few are willing to risk challenging a capsuleer.

(( Source here. ))

4 Likes

Oh. I hadn’t heard about that, then again I don’t baseline in Caldari space either. Looks like neither should anyone for that matter, even the baseliners.

2 Likes

Ms Teinyhr, please refrain from making such generalizations. They do nothing to promote conversation and only serve to shut it down. Is there some other way you could express your thoughts that would promote positive, proactive responses from your peers?

On the whole, thank you Ms Kernher and Ms Teinyhr for this enlightening exchange.

4 Likes

I think you’ll find actual enforcement of that stuff falls into the cracks of “… yeah, this is the dumbest order I’ve ever been given. We had a comms failure boys, allright? Have a nice day, sir/ma’am.”. Don’t take the nonsense too seriously.

4 Likes

Thank you for that insight, Ms Del’thul.

2 Likes

I can say I am quite amused at how a tribal dares to doubt words of Caldari citizen and well known representative of Caldari society about the said Caldari society just to be shut up by Amarr. Is that how Amarr-Minmatar relations work?

Please excuse me for a moment, while I try to suppress the giggles!

Ms Kim, I’ve appreciated your contribution thus far. While your consternation over having an outsider question your personal experiences in your own home is understandable, I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t refer to our Minmatar cohorts as “tribals.” Thank you Ms Kim, I know you won’t disappoint.

3 Likes

Ms. Ambrye, you see, both Teinyhr and Ms. Kernher are Minmatars, and if I would reference them both like that, the message would lost its meaning. Teinyhr is Minmatar, but she belongs to tribes, thus she is a tribal. Ms. Kernher, doesn’t belong to tribes, she does belong to the Empire, thus she is Amarr (or more properly would be to call her Imperial?) Of course, I didn’t mean True Amarr, but rather allegiance and the culture she represents.

I didn’t consider it an insult, at least she didnt preface it with “filthy” and “dumb” this time.

And sorry for my earlier outburst. Past history with said individual affected my response. Though I think there are reasons to criticize the State, but if I truly want to continue that I should take it elsewhere.

3 Likes

Alright then Ms Kim and Ms Teinyhr, if you are both willing to be civil about the use of the word “tribal” then I won’t object either.

Ms Teinyhr, your apology is appreciated. I’m sure we’ll have a very good discussion.

Thank you all, so far.

2 Likes

Please excuse me for omitting obvious information. I decided that being polite in this case is more important than being correct.

I don’t think those are obvious traits of any group, Ms Kim. So let’s continue with polite. Perhaps someday we can hold a discussion on if there is justification to call any group those terms, but not this one. Thank you.

2 Likes