Carrier Ratting Guide

@Gorn_Sasen really depends… if I’m on the ball then 55-60mil ticks are doable but if not then 45-50mil are what I’m seeing. A faction or capital spawn will spike that some.

1 Like

Why is that? I have never heard anyone say it before.

It should be used once per spawn not to drain the cap, so just turn off repeating the module and use it at the end of each spawn.

1 Like

@Cricri_Amatin as @Pay_Me_MahMoney said, it drains your cap. If left running constantly, it would, in a short amount of time take you to below what is required for your carrier to jump to a cyno, 75%.

Are you doing Rock Havens or Sanctums? 60 mil ticks sounds good.

@Gorn_Sasen both, depending on which is a closer warp at the time.

I be interested in hearing from people in the different regions of New Eden to find out about which rats give the best ticks; Angels, Blood Raiders, Drones, Guristas, Sanshas or Serpentis?

Is it

1. Angels
  2. Blood Raiders
  3. Drones
  4. Guristas
  5. Sanshas
  6. Serpentis

Or

1. Drones
  2. Serpentis
  3. Guristas
  4. Angels
  5. Blood Raiders
  6. Sanshas

Or something different?

So I changed up some things in how I was fitting my carrier for ratting and it really helped to increase my ticks. First off the fit I’m using right now and I’m killing Serpentis.

[Nidhoggur, Serpentis]
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Capital Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Gist X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link

Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
Networked Sensor Array
Large YF-12a Smartbomb

Capital Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Tracking Speed Script x2

Siren II x6
Dragonfly II x27

Now I threw on a 5th DDA because I was noticing that I wasn’t able to one volley the battleships after the fighter nerf. One more solved the issue so I could one volley them off the field again.
Before I had a warp core accelerator but I was waiting in sites for my drones to refuel anyway so I figured I didn’t need the speed.

Tick proof for 2 solid hours of ratting.

System is 50 AU across most sites are under 20 AU warp to get to. Space is friendly intel saturated 10 jumps in every direction so I can just align to the next site I want to do the second I land.

I only run forsaken hubs.

The NPCs all spawn right in the middle so I keep a wreck targeted that I use to reset fighter orbits before the last NPC in a wave dies. I tell the fighters to orbit the next target one cycle before their current target dies. Use rocket salvo to clear battleships off in one volley when cooldown permits.

Sanctums could be more ISK but I just don’t have the brain power to remember wave triggers I’m using it on watching intel, managing orbits, checking d-scan to see if one of the other ratters has claimed the site I’m aligned to. Havens I notice that the fighters have gotten stuck on the rock formations also I warp in at 0 on the hubs so there is no travel time at all for fighters, can’t do that in a rock haven.

So that is my ratting situation and average income I get from killing serp rats. Hope it helps someone out.

1 Like

Why the Gist X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive ?? im new to this so sorry for asking. otherwise I like your fit, since I couldnt get enough CPU for the OP suggested fit for some reason… Was missing 5 CPU

If you have to align in a different direction than what you’re currently aligned to, or if you have to align from 0 velocity. It’s faster to pulse the MWD once and at the end of the cycle 90% of the time you’ll immediately warp and the other 10% its like a second delay and then you’re in warp.

It can shave off about 5 seconds of align time which can be the difference between a scout landing on you in a site or not.

5 Likes

Thanks alot for this thread! But I have a little Problem, even with All skills at Lvl 5 (with my normal skills i do also have the same stats) i don’t have enough CPU, missing 13.3.

Anyone has an idea to solve this? I could change some parts to lower cpu usage, but how anybody else getting this fitted?

I’m a little bit confused :grimacing: Thanks for your help!

@Doc_Endstufe use an implant… EE-602 would fit the bill.

@Shriven_Intaki Thanks! :wink:

@Doc_Endstufe it’ll definitely cost more but adding bling modules will free up some room as well. Faction DDAs, Hermes FSUs, etc… and you’ll be golden - just make sure you fly her ‘safely’, wouldn’t want to see that loss mail!

@Shriven_Intaki Yep i did that, it wondered me only that this fit was published and no one said something about having this issue. So i thought i did something wrong or some skills are missing :slight_smile:

Use two carriers per sanctum or haven and you get nice ticks… lol and the npc dont have time to shoot your fighters…

improved from the 70mil tick video on youtube:

[Nidhoggur, 70 mil tick foresaken rally pnt copy]

Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

Drone Navigation Computer II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Networked Sensor Array
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II

Dragonfly II x9
Dragonfly II x9
Dragonfly II x9

Tracking Speed Script x2

I use alts in opposing systems to get +1 jump warning, plus I use intel chat when ratting. IDK why people put a cyno on a ratting carrier… id hate to accidently hit that lol… yea. ■■■■ that. I can see a mining rorqual but not a ratting carrier. besides, the way I do, its so fast… lol dont want to compromise the time I get.

If I get scared… I may use this:

[Nidhoggur, active ratter]

Capital Cap Battery II
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Capital Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster

Networked Sensor Array
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II
Fighter Support Unit II

Capital Capacitor Control Circuit I
Capital Capacitor Control Circuit II
Capital Capacitor Control Circuit II

Dragonfly II x9
Dragonfly II x9
Dragonfly II x9

Tracking Speed Script x2

1 Like

@Imustbecomfused I find carrier ratting with one toon pretty click intensive, how involved is dual boxing carriers?

Here is your answer, Shortkeys

its easier on Carrier

bind keys ;

• start squards
    -dock squards
    -selekt all fighter
    -Attack
    -rockets
    -mwd

Have a nice day all

2 Likes

@Sur_Tarzan cheers for this!

Why do some super carriers have an AB fitted? Did they pulse she AB one time to align faster?

I am thinking about to train Minmatar Carrier on 5 and maybe Heavy Fighters also…but is it really worth?