Carrier Ratting Guide

@Gorn_Sasen I’m not into a super as of yet so am not really able to help you with those questions although it’s my understanding that Super Ratting is one of the top ISK/hour makers there is.

If I attack with the fighters, the fighters will choose their optimal range automatically, right? The heavy fighters and light fighters have a different optimal range.

I throw my AB away and fitted a tracking link. Ticks are between 80 mil to 100 mil without stress.

Why do hav so many super a clocky device? Is the 4th Fighter Support Unit II nothing worth kn a super?

I have an exit cyno on standby and I didn’t see why I should fit a clocky device for ratting.

@Gorn_Sasen I’m not entirely sure about fighter AI and how they choose their orbit range, what I do is set my orbit button to the range I want my fighters to orbit and use it manually.

Fitting is all ‘personal’ choice, I’m sure for some having a cloak on their Super gives them that extra sense of security. I’d think on a Super a 4th FSU would give a decent boost, not sure how much boost a 4th would give to a regular Carriers though? for me, I see no need for a prop mod on a ratting carrier, that Tracking Link is a much better choice.

I swap the 4th FSU with th clocky device. It’s not really worth it. It’s like around 100 - 200 DSP more.

I got better ticks with 3 tracking links. For max ISK/h I could swap the damage console with a DDA, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to fly with a paper thin super.

How do i get extra launch tubes for my carrier?

Scratch that :slight_smile:

New Year’s gift from CCP to carrier ratters: Forsaken Hub spawns were changed today to much more aggressive towards fighters.

Did they change something with the Rock Havens too?
I lost 1 heavy fighter today and one was orange.

Did CCP document this anywhere?
I don’t see it in the patch notes.
I hope they didn’t just make a change like that without announcing it.

I was ratting for a few hours today and I can confirm, my heavy fighters get more agro. Almost lost one fighter in 4 hours.

What are your ticks in a Super Carrier?

I am really interested to talkt about this topic. At this point I am not sure if I should skill for Carrier 5 / Capital 5. It’s around 50-60 days for one of them. It’s crazy long.

Carrier 5 give me +10 more DPS.

What are your ticks in a Super Carrier?

I am really interested to talkt about this topic. At this point I am not sure if I should skill for Carrier 5 / Capital 5. It’s around 50-60 days for one of them. It’s crazy long. 3000-4000 SP.

Carrier 5 give me +10 % more DPS. I don’t think this would make my ticks better. If I would inject level 5, I need between 10 and 13 injectors ( I am between 50.000 and 80.000 SP). It’s around 10b of investment for what? 10 % more damage? If I don’t use skill injectors, is it worth to spend 50-60 days on or? I could perfect other skills for PVP.

10b is a lot ratting or waiting 60 days. Does that +10 % makes really a difference?

To add more tank would you suggest dropping the rigs for shield rigs or one tracking and one nav in mid slots?

You need the Capital Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II rigs for optimal ticks. If you need some more tank, swap Drone Navigation Computer II or Omnidirectional Tracking Link II to Shield Extender.

1 Like

Vs Sansha rats with full HG warp speed implants. Thinking 1 invul and 1 EM hardene and taking out an Omni and nav computer. Alternatively I could switch out for shield implants? Trying to resist ganks a little better and have a buffer for dread spawns.

I would not swap the warp speed implants.

If you have an eye on local and if you are aligned, you are fine. Please put Support Fighter in your bay and don’t forget to fit a Cyno + Fuel.

1 Like

I have a better fitting now and I am running into new problems.

My biggest problem is to find a new, good anomaly. It takes so much time to align and get into warp to the next anomaly…only to see it is a bad Gas Sanctum.

Usually I am running only Rock Havens and Ring Sanctums. Sometimes there are other ratters out and it takes some time to find a new Rock Haven or Ring Sanctums. Some ppl. are really doing Gas Sanctums and the new Gas Sanctums are popping up. Unknown for me. It is a lost warp to a new Gas Sanctum. They lower the ticks. Reeeeeeeeee.

I could start finding a new anomaly when the last wave is spawning, but then I am not save anymore.

How are you doing this? Are you guys doing next nearest site, whatever this site is?

Do only havens and forsaken hubs

No matter what typ of havens?

Rock havens, but you can check it before warping to it! Simply click warp to the anomaly then stop your ship. If you see a popup message then its a rock haven.