CCP allow caps In hi sec again

This is a buzz phrase, suggesting that it doesn’t matter how powerful the hunters are, the only variable that matters is how bad the prey are…Of course this is just silly.

You really think the wardecs i make are exactly the same as those made by PIRAT? The only thing that matters is how bad the targets are?

No. Giving big better tools to big groups only enhances their hold over the rest of the game.

They clearly aren’t. Most might be pointless to YOU perhaps. But i bet they mean a whole lot to the people who put them up. And with caps in hisec they become a whole level harder to defend for smaller groups than they would vet groups.

If we were to quickly summarise some of the bad points about eve, among those mentioned would likely be economy/farming and vet/noob gap. Caps in hi-sec will probably exacerbate both.

It’s one of those ideas that has been talked to death, even ccp have expressed a desire to have capitals in hisec. However, capitals tend to ruin gameplay rather than enhance it (they are something many players actively avoid. Myself included), often making subcaps irrelevant and ccp know this. Even in null, where they were designed to be used, ccp have trouble balancing them.

1 Like

Caps in hi-sec but with a malus of .25 to all statistics. y/n?

My friend, I love high sec but caps, no way, they would be used to block gates/stations and just overall be used to give others the ability to make life for other players difficult by nuisance players.

1 Like

OP is either trolling or someone suffering from a lack of education, thoughts and “size”.

He can’t even spell “allowed”. No, you can’t go “maybe he’s not of native english tongue” route on me. It’s literally six words, one being completely wrong and the other with a capital letter. That’s not “me no speak english”, it’s lack of education and it fits the bill of “playing with big ships” so much that I can safely conclude everything into the first line of this post.

Edit:

After looking through his posting history finding more evidence pointing at the OP being dumb and finding nothing (spellling is perfectly fine everywhere else) I can now safely conclude that this is really just a troll.

I don’t like low class, low hanging fruit fishing trolls.

Have some actual standards or ■■■■ off.

Reported!

1 Like

No. period.

caps are the cancer of eve. “why would I learn to play when I can play bigger and F1 ?”

1 Like

No, go away.

3 Likes

No caps and no -10’s. Easy enough to program a gate. :no_entry_sign:

Yes.

Or better yet, we should get a button that, when pressed, deposits 10000 plex into your cargohold.

Why not another button that gives free isk into your wallet? That we can spam like those clicker games, and that keeps depositing isk into your wallet ad infinitum.

These are all brilliant ideas that would make eve fun again. For like 10 seconds. And then the horror will begin.

1 Like

Resolved. I’m sorry, I didn’t want to bother you and English is not my mother tongue language. I’m sorry if I offended you or damaged your integrity, people make mistakes.

But it bothers me, your way of offending others and more, when this game is about teamwork. Honestly, I get used to dealing with people like you.

As a potential alternative, how about allowing caps in high sec but prohibiting them from initiating aggro while there.

Next time please put more thought into it. Like, at least spending a whole minute about the ramifications and consequences of your idea on the rest of the ecosystem. You put not a single second thought into this and look like you’ve immediately jumped to the forum with that “brilliant” idea of yours.

It’s disrespectful and dumb.

Don’t do that again,
or I swear I will throw literally all the pink cotton swabs I own …
… right at your face. :angry:

Relentlessly! :angry:

I say allowing caps back in hisec is a great idea!..as long as they get a permanent suspect timer.

OMG :joy::joy::joy::joy:

What is disrespectful and dumb, is to insult people because they don’t agree with your opinion.

Also that’s forbidden by forum rules.

During to old rules I was wardeced a few times. Not hard to put my corp under an alt that dont go any where or that can stay put for the duration. Pull my active toons out and bam a worthless wardec. Dont matter how powerful the hunters are at that point.

Now the rules have changed. But I’m sure there are ways to prepare or avoid all together as there is warning before a wardec is active. Not sure if stations can change hands easily or not. As that would be an easy way to avoid a wardec. Some of the old tricks may still work in some cases. I never needed to look into that as I have no need for a station. I can use station without worry as my stuff will just go to the nearest NPC station if it is destroyed.

So unless they made it impossible to move corps once a wardec is active all you may get to do is blow up an empty station if you even can. I assume they still got invulnerability timers ya?

I do get that caps in highsec can present problems but may be interesting too. Could turn out how low and null work in some cases. Smaller corps or individuals paying larger corps for protection and to not be destroyed so they can play in somewhat peace. This could result into some interesting wars in highsec.

"Hey big brother I been wardeced ". You get met with a massive fleet of caps by an allied corp that you were never ready for nor anticipated.

So if the corp you wardec cant defend itself or ally with a corp that would gladly destroy you. Or use corp moving tricks to starve out a wardec, or lack the understanding to do any of that. Then ya the power of your hunters does matter.

You say again as if they were ever allowed in hisec

1 Like

You cannot transfer a structure if you’re decced.

Yeah it was possible to corp hop before, but some people play the game on a level that corp hopping to avoid a dec isn’t desirable, clearly, otherwise where did all those wardec kills come from?

But even when you play like you do and make no commitment to a corp, it still doesn’t mean the power of the hunters is meaningless. The relative strength of your opponent is what may persuade a corp to fold or stay and fight.

Like most pvp in Eve most want the kill not the challenge. Those wardec kills came taking advantage of solo corps or very small corps that did not know how to react. Part of the reason I imagine CCP made the change in rules.

I’m sure it has not stopped wardecs from being put on those solo or small corps. Having a station dont mean they have a clue to their options. Many dont even learn of wardecs till one is put on them.

Sure some pvp corps wardec each other just to enjoy pvp without interference. Some may even want the challenge of taking on a larger well established corp that most likely will have allies.

But I would not be surprised if the bulk of wardec kills is from picking on the newer players. Or the one man mining/ manufacturing corps.

It has been a while but I assume there is still increased cost to wardec a larger corp? So the chance of those that would wardec to risk the extra isk to take on a possibly well defended corp is slim. As not only would they lose the isk but lose ships.

Yes I have a corp of one. So it was easy for me to keep my corp and protect myself during the duration of a wardec. That was only because I did the research before time was up and the wardec was active.

So can you transfer the station during that 24hr period before the wardec becomes active?

No, because that would make zero sense from a gameplay perspective.

tbh the only way I can see atm to “avoid” wardec within new rules would be unfit everything unfittable from all your structures, move it all away and corp-hop everyone.

structure prices are at level that even solo player would be able to afford that if he played his cards correctly in isk-making.

As for caps in HiSec - tbh while alot of PvE content - the one where it would be worthy to bring capitals in anyway - is already locked behind accel gates, it would be easy to deny that to caps. Not sure if it would be worth to bring PvE for caps into HS, the only impact - or even viability I can see for them to impact HS as it is right now, would be wardecs. And unless they get properly rebalanced, they would utterly dominate those. Call me weird but I don’t like that idea. So untill CCP manages to actually balance capitals out properly I’m against letting them into HS - even if I would like to fly a carrier at a point :wink:

1 Like