CCP Falcon! o7

Here’s the thing:

It’s not about people who practice good security.

It’s about people who don’t. Who’d turn it off, because it gets in their way. Who dont see the value it adds.

Who then get compromised, because they reused a password, which got leaked from another site. And who then complain to ccp and waste a GMs time, when they could have been doing something more productive.

That’s why you cant turn it off. Because there are morons out there.

6 Likes

168 posts and Steve being very gallente with his insults.

Nice!

1 Like

I have no personal issues with CCP Falcon good or bad, I’ve never interacted with him. On one hand, as a reportedly decent person who cares deeply for the projects he worked on, I wish him all the best and hope his move goes fairly smoothly.

On the other hand, I have often read his comments and thread closures and thought “wow, that’s pretty rude and dismissive to come from a dev on their public forum”. Certainly if my employees were talking to my clients like that they would very quickly receive instruction in how to interact with clients.

In another recent thread, which I felt was a somewhat silly thing to post in General, an ISD replied with this:

“Good evening. Sadly, the only way to have this issue resolved is via the support system. I will be closing the thread and hope your issue can get resolved soon. Thank you.”

That is a professional response to a topic that should never have been raised. Being abrupt, rude, dismissive or insulting to your customers only furthers the perception that CCP is so out of touch with their player base that they can’t be arsed to treat them with respect.

3 Likes

I’m that paranoid i even have a password to access my toilet paper holder, so I can wipe me bum while im sitting on the shitter.

2 Likes

Because he is an arsehole.

4 Likes

That’s just your opinion. Congratulations, it’s ■■■■■■■■. Being authentic and honest, especially emotional openness and honesty sadly is heavily underrated nowadays. Many people prefer being lied to, or require being lied to.

Sure, you’re not wrong. I’m not saying you’re wrong. You’ll milk your customers best when you lie to them. CCP is guilty of that, just like all the others. Their devblogs often are propaganda pieces convincing me time and time again that they’re actually teaching their public-facing employees how to properly ■■■■■■■■ people.

Sure … it makes sense.
It shouldn’t be what people look up to, though.
It also definitely shouldn’t be what people prefer.

I liked CCP Falcon for the fact that he didn’t take ■■■■ from anyone,
and followed the saying: “You reap what you sow.”

No. What’s out of touch with reality is the expectation that everyone deserves to be treated with respect. That’s simply not the case, customer or not.

Worse, when they pretend to treat “you” with respect
… (which is actually what’s happening, not actual respecting as you wrongly express it) …
… is their customer, then it’s clear that you are not being treated as a human being, but as a number that needs to be talked to in a very specific way so they can make sure they get more money out of you.

He never made a secret about his honest thoughts and feelings.

That’s a human being who deserves being respected,
especially in the world we nowadays live in.

People should never preferr being lied to and manipulated.

Wow, look at me.
I’m actually defending him.
What a weird position to be in. :blush:

Still … it’s true and he deserves it to be pointed out.

4 Likes

I feel the need to remind you of something.

You’re literally the only person who can constantly write “■■■■ off” and get away with it. You’re probably one of the most blunt people on the forums. I believe you remember the times when your “No, ■■■■ off” got you banned. It got me banned in the past, on older forums, so I assume you had the same fate.

Nowadays, thanks to CCP Falcon, we have a lot more freedom to express ourselves in an honest and sincere way. That includes you, who would be permabanned from other forums for this. It’s actually far more likely that he really was hurt, as noticed by many who’ve seen and heard him when he announced the end of BlackOut.

He didn’t announce that he’s leaving CCP anywhere except on twitter,
which is the one platform where people are “closest”.

I believe I’ve even used you as a good example of people who don’t need to be banned, but who are what we should be looking up to. I’ve been talking about how CCP should be banning bad behaviour instead of people who use certain words. “No, ■■■■ off” would get you banned pretty much everywhere else, especially when you keep writing it repeatedly.

Getting banned for this means “getting banned for using words”, which isn’t okay. Your behaviour never was disruptive, you simply expressed your honest opinion about a person. What gets you banned anywhere else is perfectly fine around here.

Without CCP Falcon you’d most likely not be around.

I felt like you should know this.

PS: I’m tired. Maybe the post is a bit incoherent. Sorry. Good night. :blush:

1 Like

The CHAD Nicolai vs the virgin Solecist.

In all honesty though, he’s concise and to the point, a far better read than your schizophrenic blogposting 14 hours per day. I really wish they’d either give us a block feature on these forums or (a better option) ban you forever, because you’re really stupid and I’m really sick of reading your dumb opinions on literally everything.

2 Likes

The forum does actually have a block feature. Just saying.

6 Likes

Needs an indefinite time period option though, the options already present are too short to use on some.

CCP Falcon was a Marmite figure, you either loved him or you hated him. I for one found his bluntness on the forums to be refreshing and showed his passion for his job.

Both he and CCP Guard will be missed, their replacements have big boots to fill.

6 Likes

Yes, and? Doesn’t change the fact falcon is an asswipe, does it? I am not a hypocrite who is going to thank him for not banning me or feel gratefull for it. I speak my mind. If that is bannable, they’ll ban me … a ban will not change my mind.

There is one.

Um, no. “Being emotionally honest” is generally used as an excuse/coverup for “being a thoughtless douchebag” by those who can’t be arsed to deal with their own issues and instead take them out on other people.

“Communicating clearly and effectively” is what professionals do. Especially on a public, company forum. This may come as news to you, but you can be honest without being a douchebag. Well, unless you have issues you can’t deal with, of course. Such as needing to constantly project your imagined ‘superiority’ over the unwashed masses of ‘low-quality’ people out there by being, you know, a douchebag.

Answering a legitimate question on the company forum with “Literally the stupidest thread ever posted on the official forums in sixteen years of EVE Online.” and locking the thread with that comment is exactly the sort of “We’re CCP and we know best and you pitiful customers should just hand over the cash and STFU” PR blunder that CCP is famous for.

Real emotional honesty is for when you are communicating privately with another person, or for when the occasion strongly requires it. ‘Emotional honesty as an excuse for being a dick’ is simply a cheap cop-out used by people who haven’t the skill to craft better communication.

In this particular case, Steve Ronuken gave a professional, honest answer above. Falcon was being an arrogant dick. Please note I am referring to that specific comment only, not to my opinion of Falcon as a person or a dev in general.

2 Likes

Speaking your mind and being obnoxious are two different things. You’re mostly the latter. That’s why you get banned. Seems fair to me.

1 Like

Joke is on you. I have never been banned.

1 Like

Nothing “and”. I just wanted to be sure you’re aware,
and not trying to change your mind.

In the end he also respects people who speak their mind,
which is why the two of us can actually be around here.

Guess I should have included myself in that post too. :slight_smile:

All good, keep on truckin’. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did he even say good bye on those forums?

Havent seen it.

Maybe he had enough. I feel he was right leaving CCP.

2 Likes

No, “being a toughless douchebag” is being used as an excuse to shut up those who are honest.

There’s nothing more clear and effective than telling an asshole that he’s an asshole. The assholes usually don’t care about asking why, exactly because they’re assholes.

Calling people assholes (I’ll just stick with that example) doesn’t make them douchebags. That’s just assholes who keep pushing this nonsense because they can’t deal with honesty. That’s what happens when you’re raised in an asshole environment constantly telling you that you have to be “political correct” and “polite” and “friendly” instead of just being outright honest. *waves at the ■■■■■■ up US of A*

In-your-face honesty! Amazing! You don’t like it! I’m not surprised!

No, that’s just you and plenty of others being ■■■■■■ up.

Steve insulted her. He was most likely well aware that the person in question isn’t smart enough to understand that she’s being insulted. What you call professional is nothing but telling the truth behind a curtain. You’re just not smart enough, or honest enough, to actually understand that. You prefer living a lie and your whole worldview is set around that.

No, it isn’t. That’s just you and your ■■■■■■ up world view making you think that, because you were brainwashed from ground up not to be emotionally honest. Like … you’re an asshole! You are, absolutely, an asshole! Yet you can’t possibly tell me I don’t know how to express myself or communicate, because that’d be laughable! :smiley:

You’re not wrong saying that there are plenty of people who fail at expressing themselves properly, but that doesn’t automatically mean that everyone who is emotionally honest suffers from the same fate. There’s a huge difference between lacking impulse control and just telling it how it is!

That’s noted. He was honest. People who deserve this kind of honesty deserve to be treated accordingly. “You reap what you sow” should be the norm, not “trying to smear honey around everyone just so these worthless idiots keep throwing money at us”, which is actually what your so called professionalism is about.

Is it better for business? Sure, in this ■■■■■■ up dishonest world it is! I’m not denying that!
Is it better for humanity? Absolutely not!

You’re an asshole! :smiley:

2 Likes

Sometime you just have to ask yourself, do I want a silly question responded to bluntly, or do I want it responded to in a sophisticated manner, which may, on the surface be pleasant and polite, but which hides an extremely barbed assessment of the question-asker’s intellect.

It’s actually far more insulting to insult someone above his intellectual capabilities, but it’s more complicated than just that. It’s the cowards way of insulting people, because on one side he thinks he’s superior, on the other side he lacks the spine to just be direct about it.

The worst part about this are all those dimwits who believe that such behaviour should be the norm, exactly because they’re too dimwitted to understand that they’re being insulted. The asshole above is a prime example of someone who could be insulted and manipulated all ■■■■■■■ day long, without even recognizing it, just because she’s brainwashed into believing in “professionalism” without actually having any deeper understanding of what that means.

Edit: And there she is, typing yet another dim witted, wannabe intellectual reply.

1 Like