CCP Falcon! o7

They say that each of us lives in a world of their own devising. Yours is apparently consumed with jealousy and bitterness against other people, so you build this little world where they are all pathetic, brainwashed failures and you are the superior being.

I’m happy to live in a better world than that - where when a person exercises judgement, tact and restraint, and gives random strangers the benefit of the doubt, I can say “good job, nicely done” instead of having to retreat behind shouting “You’re a dishonest brainwashed asshole!”.

With any luck, Falcon will take this opportunity to move away from your world and into a better one.

It’s funny how often the jealous, bitter types point at the largest economy in the world, with the highest scientific output, with the best universities, with the most personal freedoms, as an example of a ■■■■-up. Apparently, success is the worst crime when you’re a failure.

Since the thread in question posed a legitimate question in a rational manner, no, it wasn’t honesty. It was a pissy jerk being rude and dismissive because he couldn’t be arsed to do his job.

The distinction is apparently too subtle for you.

3 Likes

Not necessarily. I have heard various stories as to who first got the idea of BO and the biggest debacle in EVE history. I have heard it was Falcon, heard it was Olmeca and other such stories…Regarding Falcon, based on his TiS interview when the BO launched, I would say he may not have had the idea, but was probably its biggest supporter. Which begs the question of why he never bothered getting on forums and defending one of the worst ideas in CCP history.

@Jonah_Gravenstein I would agree regarding filling up Guard’s boots, but definitely not in regards to Falcon

1 Like

No, she was talking about America.

5 Likes

I call ⓑⓤⓛⓛⓢⓗⓘⓣ!

3 Likes

Look out, we dont know what kind of moderation is now on the forum.

People can one day start looking again at their permanent bans for saying truth one time too much. And it doesnt have to be something racially offensive, or religiously offensive, just a fact. Some facts are very offensive it seems. :thinking:

4 Likes

From the perspective of someone who has no ■■■■■■■ clue it makes perfect sense to call ■■■■■■■■. I hope you’re cognitively capable of understanding that you actually have no idea of how the past went, how many problems I’ve had just calling people assholes and how many years it took for this to actually get changed. Years. Years worth of bans, too. Years worth on insisting that banning people for using words isn’t okay.

But we do! It’s observable! They basically do nothing, unless you cross an imaginary line. Common sense rules the forums, when it comes to moderation. They do nothing unless people start flagging and then you still have plenty of time to correct your post, if that’s even necessary. If the post is deemed fine, then they restore it from hiddenness (isthataword) and are done with it.

I fully expect that change in behaviour to have had a serious impact on people flagging, because when they notice that nothing happens people stop doing it. We’ve gone through that some months ago. You probably don’t notice, because you don’t get flagged!

I do! :smiley:

Just take me as an example. I’ve always been like this and you should be old enough to actually know this. In the past I’ve been banned for things that are normal nowadays, including calling people assholes when they’re assholes. It’s not even censored anymore! In some subforums it is, I think, but in this one it isn’t.

Asshole Asshole Asshole Asshole! See? :smiley:

Banning certain types of behaviour is far more effective, and far less disruptive, than banning words.

And hey … if you don’t believe me … and you know I “walk the line” pretty much every single day … then who would you believe? That being said … the amount of flags reduced significantly in the last weeks. I wonder how many people blocked me. :slight_smile:

PS: Penis.
PPS: I remember when I threw a fit about how Vagina wasn’t censored, but Penis was. :blush:

1 Like

These words are not as offensive as some very uncomfortable facts you can write, but you shoudnt, and you dont really know where is the line, because you dont know the person behind the desk. Then no flagging, no blocking, just CCP community manager giving you a ban.

1 Like

I honestly have no idea what you’re trying to tell me. I feel like you’re missing the fact that for some people even the word Penis is offensive. I don’t know where the line is, but I can apply common sense. I don’t need to understand the rules perfectly and I’m never someone who asks for clear cut rules I can live by, because I don’t giving a ■■■■ about deliberately exploiting loopholes.

I don’t mind being banned. It’s how it works. Play stupid games, win stupid prices. Being afraid of a ban is nonsense and I’m certainly not. The current environment actually makes it hard to get banned, because when you get flagged you have lots of time figuring out if your post is actually garbage.

1 Like

I think CCP Falcon looks like a potato.

3 Likes

If you started playing in 2014 then I have about 11 years on you. I have been active in the forums since day one of the forums. I think I have a pretty good idea of “how the past went”. I’ve been banned a number of times as well.

Center for Advanced Studies 2014.03.28 19:08 to 2014.06.26 00:56

After seeing how CCP caved in to the nulsec tears, and now the gambling hyper whatever, I’m starting to understand why CCP Falcon decided to leave… I’m sure worse things are on the way and he did not want to be part of them.

4 Likes

Anyone can say they were here from day one… on a different character.

:grin::wink::no_mouth::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::beer::+1:

Late o7 to CCP Falcon. Sad to see he left.

2 Likes

*cough* really.

If that was the case then you’d know who you are talking to,
because my chars are a mainstay on these forums since 2013.

Yet you act as if you had no idea I even existed on these forums,
which is telling me that you’re a liar who didn’t properly do his homework.

If by “mainstay” you mean, crying a lot in the forums. Yes, you’re a mainstay.

2 Likes

Ohhh, now the alts are coming out!
I’m actually honoured now. :blush:

Did you pick “HyperNet_Relay” as name and got it renamed,
because they don’t like assholes doing this kind of thing?

… or what’s behind your interesting name? :smiley:

2 Likes

What do they think of you, friend?

You should never have sold your char! I still see you roaming Hek and surroundings in my memories.

Are you back ingame or still stick to shooting at the froums only?

o7

1 Like

Mara! Wow, long time no see!
How are you doing??

Thank you. :slight_smile:

A month+ ago I came back on a weekend and had a blast. Either it was me making Hek awesome and lively, or I took a really lucky day. It made me subscribe a few days later, at which reality hit me again and Hek was the same desert as I remember it from 2013 onwards.

There was a great fight in Hek we took part in. I’m prominent at the early stages of the video and later on you can see “me” FCing Black Pedro and his fleet. My first bigger fleet and I ■■■■■■ up gloriously, because I had no idea how to coordinate everything … but it taught me a lot.

I’d love to be back, but Hek is depressing me with it’s desert-like state and my corpmate only rarely has time to play. In the meantime I just keep stocking up on all kinds of turrets (7000+ so far) and, for the first time ever, try to amass wealth big enough to force people to play with me. :angry:

Do you still play, or are you planning to?
How are you doing?
I see you’ve got ten posts here … are you planning on staying on the forums?