CCP Please Stop Destroying EVE

LOL. You’re wrong, and you could have just checked the OP’s KB to see.

Just because it’s hard to believe there may be people like this, that doesn’t mean they don’t actually exist… and are willing to come to a public forum to let everyone know even…

2 Likes

15-year veteran opinion here.

No one disables access to content in this game. Everyone has the power to fight against opposing forces to gain access to the content they are being blocked. That’s essentially the point of a sandbox game like EVE Online, is that you have THAT power.

Lots of new players claim this is a PvP game and you should shut up. I hate to break it to you, they are wrong. This is not JUST a PvP game. You have a lot of PvE content in this game and majority of players are playing the PvE portion of this game than the PvP portion.

EVE is a sandbox game, not a PvP or PvE game.

You have many different paths you can take here that all lead to similar content. For example, if you want to mine. You can mine in various spaces, not just high-sec space. If you want to do missions. You have various spaces to do missions. If you want to kill players. You have various spaces to kill players.

Blaming CCP for being a sandbox game and allowing others to have the freedom to interact with you is the point of this game – not that it’s PvP. The moment you block that interaction, essentially force players to play in their own bubbles of isolation, is the day you kill EVE Online.

End thread.

1 Like

So much butthurt for an orca…

Get over it buddy.

3 Likes

Wow. You’re right.
Yet he checks all the boxes.
That’s quite rare.

Just look at it!

• The name! McNasty!
  • No paragraphs.
  • “Not everyone can fly with 10+ people”
  • “lowsec content
  • “optional PvP” … in lowsec!
  • “as they did in World of Warcraft
  • “Why would you lock 90% of content behind goonish players”
  • “lowsec content without instantly dying” = “lowsec is an immediate death trap”

This guy is a massive carebear and if he’s not trolling …
… then that’s quite the personal achievement.

His posting history is full of the usual carebear nonsense, too!

You’re right. He’s not a troll …
… but he’s definitely an unintentional tribute.

6 Likes

Are you aware that the same is true for all the toxic carebears?

The “religious zealot” part actually seems to be mostly on the carebear side of the equation, as evidenced by tons of them on the forums. They all share the same perspectives, too. They’re always victims of others, with no self responsibility whatsoever. They always beg higher powers to change “the world” for them and they are absolutely incapable of taking matters into their actual own hands.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt I’ll just ignore the rest of your post, because it’s bad. I’m even overlooking the fact that you’re not actually using any paragraphs. No, that one line of space between two big blocks of texts isn’t enough. There’s no real structure in your post.

I really wonder if you’re aware of how much of your post actually is true for bears as well.

2 Likes
1 Like

You know why the miners you have observed behave like that though?

Because CCP have set them up to behave like that. They don’t give them weapons worth mentioning (as an average, I know lately a couple of the redesigns have included a bit more firepower), they don’t give them slots to put active modules into (again, talking as an average). They have a choice between belt rats where a single T1 light drone will win before a venture dies, or Trig rats where if you miss them for 30 seconds most of the mining ships are outright dead. Neither level of firepower is actually particularly engaging. Asteroid belts also take hours and hours to mine out, with very short intervals of travel.

So… Complaining about miners behaving the way CCP has designed them to behave? Insanity.
Complain about the design limitations CCP has put on them instead that create that behaviour. Barges should be considered somewhere between cruisers & battleships for how many slots they have, and what they can fit.
If you want them to pay more attention make it more about finding the belts and not about spending hours in them. etc.

Make mining lasers cause directed damage to modules. Sorted.

1 Like

Yes lets hope eve dies hahah. Been a long time since i played but found that after 2 yrs it seemed so repetitive. only check forums every few months to see if CCP still breaking stuff that wasnt broken lol.

Every suggestion to make mining less afk friendly gets shot down because miners like mining afk.

But anyways, solutions aside, I’m just showing people that mining in hi-sec is not the great player retainer that they think it is.

Which is why, when miners have gotten almost everything they’ve ever asked for, retention is lower than when more engaging group activities had their day.

1 Like

Miners haven’t actually gotten what they’ve asked for though.
They got what CCP decided to throw them, which made very little sense and doesn’t present a strong sense of progression & of each ship having a strong purpose.
What most miners have actually been asking for is slots, pg & cpu. So they can fit their ships how they want.

Yes, there are a few who just want everything, but that’s true of every playstyle.

1 Like

That’s pretty much just you mate.

And you got what you asked for in an orca.

4 Likes

But that’s not an actual gameplay change away from AFK mining, it’s just a demand for more EHP so suicide ganking them costs more and is less likely to happen. And miners did get EHP buffs with no corresponding increase in active players.

2 Likes

CCP is still working on replacing the current crop of miners with real miners like myself and @Black_Pedro, who will wipe the floor with every other miner’s candy ass, as soon as there’s an actual environment empowering and enabling those who serve the economy the most.

No, that’s not all these smelly lazy ass carebears who aren’t even playing the game.
They’re dieing out. Finally!

FINALLY!

We’re almost there!

Scarcity is a thing now!
Less farmers, more PvPers.
More conflict is a thing now!
Less afk, more atk and dangers.
The removal of this stupid New Player Experience,
with rookies joining FW by default will come eventually!

I’m especially going to enjoy when CODE. turns into a proper mining corp … :blush:

6 Likes

As far as i can tell it didn’t happen.

And exhumers and orcas are about to get a boost from their shield hardeners…

Funny thing… my (soon-to-be) wife had a bunch of loot and was going to a major trading hub. She forgot to make sure her waypoints were marked hi sec only and she ended up getting exploded by a gate camp.

Do you know what she did? She sucked it up and got back to playing Eve. When I got back, she told me what happened and we discussed what she did wrong and what she could have done differently. She didn’t whine about the loss, she learned… she knew what she was getting into… apparently, you did not.

5 Likes

Salt_DevilsGC06

Salty learning curve, eh ?

Some posts deserve to be reposted :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Actually the troll under the bridge is exactly what gate campers do.

It wouldn’t be Lowsec if they did that. However
Rather than just defend the way Eve has become, what if low sec gates were not so easy to camp and low sec wasn’t so dangerous until you leave the beaten path ?