CCP rules discussion on ganking and CONCORD mechanics - 2021.11.06

That’s a fair point, but it’s easily overcome

1. Do gank (which needs moving CONCORD after)
  2. Dock up
  3. Log out
  4. Login Alpha alt(s)
  5. Go shoot someone else and “fail” the gank
  6. Dock up Alpha alt(s)
  7. Login original ganker toon(s) and wait for timers to expire
  8. Undock and gank again

… At that point you might as well just ALLOW CONCORD to be moved, because I can think of 1,000 different ways to move CONCORD without undocking in rookie ships, with the same Gank Character(s)

People make mistakes
I’m sure you have made mistakes as well
Relax… it’s a videogame

2 Likes

yes, many of them do their job. but the fact is it is this certain gm. frankly i would have taken this issue more seriously if it was any other gm. but this one has been known to issue wrong bans and warnings in the past. not trying to be inpolite or push the forums rules, because this is an inportant issue fr the playerbase and needs to be discussed, but i think it is no coincidence that the band in question were issued by this speciffic gm.
i think this should be petitioned by the player that got banned andhae some senior gm look at the issue. and if indeed it is a ccp policy change, then they should make a dev-blog about it for everyone to know.
how would you like it if the speed limit in your area was lowered from 40 to 30, but with the new limit not advertized anywhere nor published in any publicly accessible law?

Look…
I understand people are very emotional about this
I too am upset with this ruling…

And if the specific GM who made the ruling has made bad calls before, that truly is unfortunate, but this is something which is absolutely out of our control as a player-base

The only thing we can do, is what we’re doing right now, and that’s contacting CCP, the CSM, and posting about it on the forums to bring this ruling and issue to light, so something can be done about it

We also need to be prepared to accept any FINAL rulings from CCP on the matter, even if they don’t go our way…

4 Likes

If I made “bad calls” repeatedly in my profession, I would get fired or at least no more jobs from my agents. Why should this GM or any GMISDCCP get emotional support dogs every time they make and repeat the same mistakes? Sheltering and pampering these people just because they are EVE GMs sends the completely wrong signals. Finding excuses for every thing CCP or their affiliates do wrong send the completely wrong signals. And CCP has been banking on these people who apologize every thing they do wrong for far too long.

REDNES

3 Likes

I support this!

We are not judge and jury about what happens to this GM’s job or career – CCP (the GM’s employer) is…
Therefore, let’s not start throwing hurtful comments out on the forums which may have a detrimental effect on the well-being and mental health of the GM responsible (if he/she were to read them)

It’s not fair, and it reflects poorly on the EVE community as a whole
… So cmon, let’s act professionally, and respectfully throughout this difficult situation, and let’s see it through until the eventual final verdict from CCP’s higher ups

4 Likes

yes. let’s act professionally. let’s point out the problem, analyze it, see the causes, then try to eliminate the causes. in this case eliminating is too harsh of a word. let’s try to control the causes. i find it hard to believe that ccp suddenly changed their stance on ganking after all these years. it’s not like someone knoecked on their door and explained ganking to them and their reaction was “oh! so ganking is a thing? oh, golly!”

1 Like

After all these years, has CCP finally decided to do something about the simplistic and already inefficient “gank and punishment” mechanism? We can only hope that they will do it in a well-thought-out way, so as not to abolish the ganking profession.

For now, it’s just a declaration that the CONCORD delay trick is an exploit, but maybe it will be followed by some bigger operation with modernization of CONCORD rules, just like CCP developed the new NPE.

1 Like

See, this is why wording is really important

It’s not a delay at all – It’s a different respawn timer that I’ve coined the “CONCORD Re-location Spawn Timer”, which is slightly slower than the “Fresh CONCORD Spawn Timer”, for whatever reason

ITT – CCP should unban the player(s) involved, and change the mechanics slightly, so both timers are the same
Then everyone knows the rules, everyone’s happy, and we can carry on :smiley:

1 Like

GM Icecream has provided some clarification and it indeed looks like a confirmed change in policy towards managing this:

6 Likes

ROFL! i was scrolling through the comments and was actually thinking of gm BaIdur. i check the reddit post and sure enough, it’s him. only he could mess up this way.

1 Like

Blimey…

Though I have to say and I do apologise for any upset gankers, but I find this so highly amusing, sorry but I do. And if this all started because gankers got upset over an Abyssal runner doing it then I will find it even funnier. Sorry, but I have to laugh…

5 Likes

So… to be safe in HS, you can spawn Concord for “defence purposes” to surround your nice ship mining or otherwise with Concord thus improving their response time.

That’s allowed?

How is that not a game mechanic exploit for your benefit?

Delaying concord is not allowed, but BOOSTING concord response time is allowed?

Where do you see hateful comments? I word everything I say as neutral as possible without any hate involved. Who needs to act more professionally is you because you keep trying to excuse bad behavior, and CCP and some of these GM because this is by far not the first time that either group act in bad faith and very unprofessionally. Cozying up to them will not help.

REDNES

wait! isn’t GM lcecream that guy that ran away in an Erebus using GM magic when he got spanked by players on the tranquility server?

3 Likes

GM Ice Cream… what’s his favorite flavour?

Yes. Defensive spawning to deliberately put CONCORD on a grid is legal.

Doing something to deliberately move CONCORD away from that same grid, is now bannable.

It’s a pretty dumb situation

New AG tactic should just be to spawn CONCORD. Gankers can’t do anything about it.

4 Likes

Those statements don’t help at all. They just make everything less clear and more confusing, let alone more inconsistent.

This part of the conversation and clarification in particular is confusing because ganking on one grid and then ganking on another grid pulls concord and delays it on the first grid for the third gank, and again on the second grid for the fourth gank, and so on. @GM_IceCream has not throught this through.

REDNES

3 Likes

The specific mechanics are not the issue here but CCP’s inconsistent ruling and sudden change in how they handle things that have been in the game for over a decade without an official notice.

1 Like