Chat channels filter - Block Hypernets , Block Contracts

In the chat channels interface give us tick boxes to ignore posts ( don’t display ) posts with hypernets and post with contracts.

15 Likes

Seriously good idea!

+1

7 Likes

I support this!

+1

6 Likes

A short, reasonable and actually good idea! You should be permabanned! :smiley: In all seriousness though, I’d rather have people being prevented from posting hypernets in local chats. These filters aren’t doing any good to new players, unless they’re on by default. Maybe you should be adding this into your post, OP.

6 Likes

I’m more amazed that purple still have jita local open

Wow, I think this is the first time I’ve seen you be genuinely enthusiastic about an idea on this subforum!

And it’s definitely a good idea. Spamming may be allowed in EvE but that doesn’t make it any less annoying, and having the ability to block all spammers outright would be a godsend.

2 Likes

+1

Or at least impose rate limits on local posts. 98% of the spam in Jita is from 2% of the residents.

2 Likes

+1. Solid idea, much easier than perpetually blocking individual players.

1 Like

Yes, there should have just been a NEW channel created where all hyperspam had to be posted. Instead of allowing into all our private and public channels and into all our system locals.

ofc, that channel would be a giant mess with how the sellers apparently have to spam their links because the search system for hypernets blows? SO…

Fix the hypernet search. Add in something as good (or better) as our current market window and all the groups and pull downs and +/- expand/collapses and all that, and the quicklist with the folders and links there. Give all these hypernetters a new hypernet window with all of that. So they A) won’t have to spam that much, and B) can then spam in that hypernet channel so the rest of us who don’t care at all won’t have to see any of it.

Are you new to EVE? There is no mechanic which would reduce the spam. Whatever they can use, they will use. It’s not “either this or that”, it’s “seek the most possible exposure”.

If you consider 7 years or so to be new? Sure, relatively new.

If you’d bother to read my entire post and/or series of posts about this in the past hour or so, you’d have noticed I mention a “hypernet channel”.

My first and main and most strongly-felt idea is that there should be just ONE hyperspam channel in the entire game where all hypernet links must be posted. And that they would not work/would not be possible to submit a line or lines of text chat with a hypernet link in them outside of that channel.

My “fixing the hypernet search” idea was an ADD-ON to that. An addendum. An extra feature. Not the main fix. Mostly to help the people who like/love/are already addicted to this horrible new thing in our game. Capisce?

1 Like

No. Can you repeat it? Can you also try to come across a little more “tough guy”, because the “Capisce” doesn’t quite communicate that. Your reaction to my post screams “butthurt” too much, because of a ■■■■■■■ post on the ■■■■■■■ internet. Yes, I made a mistake. Sorry for that. You’re not a tough guy, though, especially not for reacting like this to a simple post.

I am not a tough guy. I wasn’t trying to come across as a tough guy.

Geez, did you not have friends who were into Goodfellas back in the day? Saying capisce to reference gangster movies doesn’t make you a wannabe gangsta.

Way to derail the convo, bro.

Bumping this, 'cause we still desperately need it.

2 Likes

Yes, please. This would make Local usable again in places like Jita. Currently, it’s spammed out with Hypernet and contract offers.

Thanks!

2 Likes

SO FUQKING VERY YES!!!

+1

1 Like

not gonna happen since CCP makes money off of Hypercores, therefor hypernet spam is tolerated or even wanted. but i’m all for the idea still.

+1

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.